Friday, August 24, 2007

Back to School!

Somebody give me a spoon so I can eat him up!
And her too!
Scrump-dilly-icious!
The big brother plays his part well.
Dr. Chaaaaaamberrrrrrrrrs, we're ALL reeeaaadyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Rob came home late one night to find this...........Can we get one more person in our bed?
For the love, somebody please pull this tooth!
Nevermind! Finally it came out! Carlie's first tooth! She kept all the tooth fairy proceeds herself...sorry Page!
The toddlers are not the only ones who cause a ruckus!
Feeding their babies...theyloved this!
Superman loves books now, and he LOVES to sing. He cracks us up putting his fake microphone up to his lips to sing. He sings incessantly.
Stickers sometimes don't end up where they're supposed to!
The toddlers also aren't the only ones who make a mess!
The toothless wonder chose to do this instead of play legos during naptime.
Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby? I couldn't take Quan's picture while he was asleep because he is a light sleeper and I did NOT want him to wake up! :)
Well, we've officially completed week one of homeschool--need I explain more why I haven't posted lately? God has been so gracious to me this week and it has really gone well. It has been exhausting and a lot of hard work, but really it has gone so smooth, thank you Jesus! I am really behind on emails, so I'm sorry! I don't have my groove on yet, but it's getting there!

Kimmie and Quan had their follow up visit at the adoption clinic. We have a list of the immunizations they need (not too many!) and next week we will go to our regular pediatrician (watch out Dr. Harmon!). They were both seen by the occupational therapist who analyzed their development. Quan is right on target with his age group. Kimmie is about 6-9 mos. behind (at about an 18 mos. old level which is what I had guessed initially). We have some exercises we are doing with her to strengthen her oblique muscles and her motor skills. She may be at an 18 mos. old level, but if you saw the paper plate video, she has a mind like a steel trap! :)
Next week Kimmie will go to Dr. Doyle, the orthopedic doctor. I am very interested in what he thinks about her arms. Her genetic doctor, Dr. Robbins has ordered a full body X-ray. She will go to the ENT at the end of Sept., and then to the cardiologist and genetic doctor in November.
They are both attaching and adjusting more and more! Quan is becoming a little delight. He's so happy and fun! Sometimes a little TOO fun as we have to reign him in quite often. The Lord gave me some verses about self control to pray for Quan! Kimmie is REALLY attached to me and won't give Rob the time of day mostly. We have started letting him be the "food man" in hopes that will foster her attachment to him. Kimmie and Quan both still have a ways to go, but they sure have come far. To convey how far Quan has come, at bedtime he is all about giving everyone kisses and hugs...so sweet!

They both really enjoy our playroom downstairs and they love to be with their older siblings, doing WHATEVER they are doing! In school this week Kimmie and Quan have wanted to color and play with stickers at the table like the rest! I bought them some paint with water books today and I know they are going to LOVE that! I have not yet taken everyone to Walmart since we've been home. I had planned to go yesterday. I got everyone in the car, got to the end of my street and I chickened out! I turned right instead of left, and just went to Dollar General instead. I think it was a good choice to get my feet wet there before diving into Wally World. Kimmie and Quan did great in the buggy (you would have thought Quan was on a roller coaster ride...he loved the buggy...he loves everything!)

Today, we all ventured out to the soccer field to watch Colby scrimmage. That was the first time since right after we came home. Kimmie and Quan were mesmerized by the game and sat in their strollers the whole time watching and eating pop-tarts (hey, it was 8 a.m.---you do what you have to do!)

This road is still winding and taking some sharp turns, but we're staying our course!
Thank you for your prayers and love for our family. We still covet those prayers as we train these children in righteousness!
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 comments:

Jeff and Sonya Hodge said...

YOU ARE SUPER MOM! You are doing a AWESOME job!

LOVED THE PICS!

Sonya

DeEtte said...

Aww...they are just SO CUTE!!
It looks like things are going well for all of you. And congrats Carlie on the lost tooth!
DeEtte and Hannah

Journey to Lilly! said...

Keeping the course you are!!!!! When I read this post...I know it is silly..but I swelled up with pride!!!! I am trying to figure where this emotion came from??? I am so proud of you..all of you. I know your in a hard...heavy place..but your doing a great job!!! I love you guys & miss you bunches!!
blessings & hugs!!
Kim

Sherri said...

Thanks for updating! You've certainly had a lot going on in your house! Your children are so beautiful.

I know it isn't easy. And when I see those glimpses of stubbornness and that strong will in Mia, I just remind myself that's probably what kept her going in her circumstances in China. God gave them that for their survival! So rejoice in their stubbornness. It brought them to you.

Now that they are here, it's time to do something about it! haha!

I'm glad things are getting better.

The Young's said...

Laine,
I am constantly amazed by all you do! You are an inspiration. Thank you so much for a peek inside your week. So much business...but SO much fun!! I knew Quan was going to be a sweet heart!!! Kimmie too!! I could just see a big old teddy bear in Quan!! We miss you guys greatly! We pray for you daily and want you to know that if we can do anything for you...let us know. We're just a couple of hours away!! Have a great Sunday!!
Love,
Buffi

Leigh said...

You amaze me! I have no idea how you find time to do all you do. Homeschooling with 1 toddler is tough...I couldn't imagine it with 2! Still can't wait to meet those little dolls!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job at being a mom to 6 kids!!!!!
You deserve the SUPER MOM reward. I love checking your blog to see how the 2 little ones are doing.
Carlie looks cute with her missing tooth.
Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Lisa

mommy24treasures said...

sounds like everything is really wonderful! Quan is passionate. I love that. Kimmie can make some of the most adorable expressions.
Congrats to Carlie on her tooth! Chloe lost 3 all at once. She and Jake lost them early.
Your home looks so full of love. I am sure it is chaotic at time, but the love conquers all!
thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

What is this?!! Quan giving kisses and hugs at bedtime?!!! I'm amazed! He really has come a long way. God is so good. Kimmie is beautiful. I love her smile. And Carlie, congrats on the tooth! I miss ya'll and can't wait to see you soon! You have my prayers.

Kylie

Anonymous said...

Hello Ferrills!!! All EIGHT of you!!! I've missed you guys so much!! I'm so excited for you guys. Katie Lyn, you are not allowed to be 11 yet. That means I have to be a grown-up!! You and I can have some good times in Claires together! Colby and Clay you guys are getting to be so big!! Ya'll are going to be taller than Pete and Ryan combined!! Carlie, I'm so excited for your lost tooth! You're growing up so fast. Kimmie and Quan, I cannot wait to finally meet ya'll face to face!! You have a wonderful family right there and you are truly blessed. Aunt Laine and Uncle Rob, I miss you so much! Thank you for always being such a blessing in my life. I cannot wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving!

Keep posting pictures! I love looking at them!! They're my little piece of Birmingham while I'm here in MS!

I love you guys!! God bless!

Dollar General said...

YAY the long awaited BLOG! So glad to hear things are going so good at home - good for you for homeschooling!

I understand the first tooth you can keep the proceeds - better luck next time! I may be pulling my own teeth out soon! HA!

I loved all the pictures! ALL your kids are still the cutest things!

Get your groove on girl...Love ya LOTS! Pg

Anonymous said...

So glad to be home and catch up on your blog. Good for me that you didn't post too much while I was gone=). Dr. Harmon--look out,we're only a few weeks behind you=). Janet

Anonymous said...

Love the update. What great pics. No, I wouldn't take Quan's picture either and take a chance on waking him up. Tell Rob not to be discouraged, Kimmie will come around just like Quan did. I sure miss all my little buddies. Can't wait to see all of you, What a blessing Kimmie and Quan have been to all of you and as far as that goes, what a blessing they have been to ALL of us. I have known your family ever since I started going to Clearview, but until you made the announcement about adoption and we started talking about ways to help you fund the trip for all the kids, I never had a chance to get to know all of you, MY LOSS!! You have all been such a blessing to me and it has been my honor to get the opportunity to get to know all of you. MY GAIN!! Love y'all. Ethel

Walker said...

POP-TARTS ON THE RUN! I LOVE IT! Have you tried the fruit-loop sticks yet! They are great! Just put some milk in a sippy cup & hand them a stick and there you have it... a complete breakfast! LOL!!!
I love to read your blog & see the pictures of your beautiful children. I don't know how you do it...homeschool too! WOW! You MUST be very organized! I'm trying.....getting better...uh...need some tips! ;0)
Love ya girl,
Keisha

Southern Cheesehead said...

I'm so excited I've got a little singer in the making...when do we start voice lessons? :-)

Mike and Barb said...

OH, my, and I think I'm busy...
Thanks for the update.... your kiddos are just so darn cute!!
We're trying to get ready for school to start on Wednesday, and my list is MILES long *sigh*.
It's all grace, right???
Love, Barb

The Blaszczynski Family said...

Congrats Carly on your first lost tooth! I was so happy to see you Saturday Laine, again you and Rob and your whole family are such a blessing to me and my family. You all have really touched our lives. Thank you for everything you have done for us, it has meant more than you know! Walmart shopping will come in it's own sweet time. The fact that you even thought about going amazes me! Can't wait to visit some more1
Love,
Amanda

Robyn said...

Laine all of your children are so precious. Was the late night that Rob came home the night him and Jeff were at the church? Jeff came home to a bed full too but nowhere near as full as yours is. Maggie and Quan need to get together to sing into their microphones. We cannot sing anything without having our "mikaphones". Even Papaw has to sing into his hand and gets in trouble if he doesn't. I'm glad that everything is going well with school and everything else. Maggie is loving the squeeky shoes by the way. She could not wait to get out of the buggy at Walmart so she could squeek and sing into her microphone the song she sings about her squeeky shoes. Barney, my parents dog, loves them as well. We love you guys and can't wait to see you back at church. I saw Carlie last night at the Kickoff and she is so cute snaggle toothed. Her and Annabelle can be snaggle toothed buddies!!
Love you MUCH!!
Robyn

Green, Party of Four said...

i just love seeing updates on those cuties! You are an awesome Mom and I want your energy! I have trouble keeping up with two....ok three (cant forget the husband).
I will keep you updated on our paperchase for Ms. Lia Faith!

Love
Green Party of Four