Friday, August 31, 2007

A Sweet Surprise

Hey my sweet friends! This email appeared on a Wuhan yahoo group last night:

Dear all,
When we went to Wuhan in May this year we were given a photoalbum with
pictures of our daughter Wu ShuangYao (1-12-2004) In this album are two
pictures of Wu Shuang Yao with her fostersister. I think this little
girl is about 2,5-3 years old and as far as I can see she has a
deformaty on both hands. Since we know so little of the past of our
daughter it would be great to trace at least her fostersister.

Thanks Nathalie Gotink From Holland

This is my response:


Nathalie, I just found the pics...it is our daughter in the pictures!
I am just crying! Her name is Wu Bei'An...they called her An An. We
also adopted a little boy at the same time. They were not in the same
foster home, but An An and his foster mother are sisters. I have
shown both of them her pictures and they're saying something like Yao
Yao? My daughter really is babbling up a storm telling me all about
it, but I can't understand what she's saying! I hope to hear from you
soon! We are in Alabama...kind of far for a play date!
Laine

This is snippets of Nathalie's email to me:
Dear Laine and sweet little An An
TEARS over here too !!!
We are so happy to know your name (and to know that you have also
found your foreever famil
Never ever expected to find Wu Shuang Yao's fostersister this soon !!!
It is amazing, I am so happy and exited. A possibility to complete a
little piece of our daughters history.
I tell you all about our little girl and hope so much you want to
share the story of your daughter too.
We went to Wuhan on the 31th of May this year. I had an list of
questions in chinese with us written by a friend and the orphanage
director wrote about the fosterparents that they were elderly people,
dad was working in a factory and the mother was retired. They are
living in the Hanyang area. This is all we know.
Our daughter born at 1-12-2004 was called (Wu)Shuang Yao we named her
Jin Yao.
She was indeed called Yao Yao by the orphanage and fosterparents !!!!

Jin Yao is a very sweet and happy little girl knowing what she wants
and what she likes. We have had hardly no problems with her adjusting
to her new family. She has a big brother (Thijs 11 years) and sister
(Julia 9 years) now. They are our biological children.
Jin Yao goes to nurseryschool with me (I am a nurseryschoolteacher)
since august and she likes it very much. She already has a chinese
girlfriend overthere.

I hope you can understand everything I wrote ( my english is not that
good but ask if things are not clear!)
I hope to hear a lot about An An soon !!!

(All the time I asked our daughter about the name of the girl on the
picture and she never said a thing. This morning when I asked her Is
this An An her eyes lightened up and she said Yes An An !!!Now she
wants to look at the picture all the time !)

Lots of love and kisses to An An from Jin Yao (please also tell us
the name of your son)
And lots of love for the rest of your family

P.s If you mail me back send it to :

(so I can send you some pictures of Jin Yao and the rest of our
family)

Nathalie Gotink
Arnhem, Holland

Here are Kimmie and her precious foster sister! Isn't God amazing? From Holland to Alabama with lots of love!

21 comments:

Trace Car Driver said...

wow, our god is so BIG!!! what a sweet story laine! i continue to stand in awe of all god is doing and has done through kimmie and quan. thought i would share this verse with you... it should be no surprise that all these little miracles are happening! "and we can be confident that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. and if we know he is listening when we make our requests, we can be sure that he will give us what we ask for." 1 john 5:14-15

hope ya'll have a GREAT labor day weekend!

Sherri said...

I couldn't believe this when I read it this morning on the Wuhan group! I am so happy for you.

Isn't it nice to get a little hug from God?

Sherri

Green, Party of Four said...

Wow.....this post just gave me chills! God is GOOD...ALL THE TIME!

We plan on going back to the beach in October. We would love to meet you and your wonderful children on our way back to Athens. I just know those sweet babies are dying to meet the Green Party of Four....soon to be Party of Five!

Love
Connie

Mike and Barb said...

You just made my day! Stories like yours are so special. God cares so much about these little ones that have given up so much in their short lives.
Just another little piece to Kimmie being whole, isn't it.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
Love, Barb

Dollar General said...

This is SO neat - now we gotta start fundraisers for Holland!! How neat that they wanted to find Kimmie and there is NO MISTAKE that that is Kimmie. Modern technology is so GREAT. It's also kinda weird to see just how spread out these families become once they get adopted. I hope you can keep intouch with this family and keep their memories alive!! What a neat story! I love it!!

Aaron and Erica said...

Wow! This is an amazing story! Dollar General is right - now you have to go to Holland some time :)

Love,

Erica

Journey to Lilly! said...

awwwwww how precious!! Isn't it good to know the Lord & experience all the benefits he has for us. What a sweet blessing for Kimmie & you! I too have tears!! God is so very good!

Hey, it sounds like a good excuse to plan a visit to Holland! R u up for another international flight??

lv u guys!
Kim

Anonymous said...

How amazing is that. How did you come upon this site and did you even know that there were other children in Kimmie's home? Maybe seeing those pics will be a great blessing to Kimmie. Do you need to borrow the luggage again for a trip to Holland? If I can't travel around the world, at least my luggage can go and have a good time. Hope you have a great Labor Dau weekend. Love ya. Ethel

mommy24treasures said...

oh Laine, precious. Precious precious....

Jana said...

Unbelievable how small our world is when God opens His gracious hands and bestows His wealth. What a blessing to have found this connection to Kimmie's past -- just another piece in her life story to share with her. Congrats on your discovery -- I hope the relationship blossoms!

jana

DeEtte said...

I read that post on the Wuhan group this morning and immediately thought of you. I almost just e-mailed you right then, but then saw there were replies...and you'd already seen it and checked it out. Awesome news!! That is so amazing!
DeEtte

The Young's said...

Laine...WOW! What an amazing story. That is just so precious! Everything is by God's hand and this connection is for a reason! I praise the Lord for it. I cannot wait to hear about your families growing friendship!!! I'm also challenged to watch the Wuhan Yahoo group a little more. I haven't checked it since we've gotten back. I need to get better at that! I am so thrilled about this for you guys!! God is amazing!!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Walker said...

AWESOME!! That is amazing, now the girls can be pen-pals! ..Well, with the help of mom for a few years.;0) Great story, I'm sure Kimmie will love to hear it over and over when she gets older...who knows..?? the girls may be on the mission field together!!! Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!!

Tina said...

Laine I have chills! How awesome is that. God is soooo good!!

The Blaszczynski Family said...

Laine, that gave me chills and I am crying. This weekend has been soooooooo amazing (garage sale) and now to hear this wonderful story. God is so good, what an unbelievable story. I can't imagine how special it will be for Kimmie to be able to keep up with her fostersister. I can't wait to hear all about it as this story unfolds! Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend.
Love,
Amanda

Keri Mason said...

Oh Laine, I am in tears. How wonderful for both of these precious girls. What a miracle. Eden needed to see her foster mom in China, and obviously these precious two needed to know one another. God does indeed take care of His orphans, doesn't He - even when they aren't orphans anymore! All glory be to Him!

wareaglefam said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! God is so awesome to give you this incredible gift for Kimmie!
Love and Hugs,
Tracy

Jeff and Sonya Hodge said...

That is just AWESOME!!! We have a picture of Katie Lin from her foster mom (taken with the cameras I sent to China)of Katie Lin with a beautiful little girl. I pray someday to find who this child is!
How wonderful to put one more piece of Kimmie's puzzle together!
So happy for you!

Lisa said...

What an awesome story! Such a blessing to get another piece of her past. It gave me chills when I read your post.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Amazing. I've read this like 5 times to make sure I was reading it right! Wow our God is incredible and He continues to amaze me through the story you are living! I miss you guys!

Kylie

Southern Cheesehead said...

God is just indescribable, isn't He? WOW! We couldn't have even scripted that in our wildest imagination. Who said that God doesn't still work miracles? "Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim, 'You are amazing, God'!"