Monday, December 3, 2007

My favorite sweater!

Thank you all so much for your encouraging, heart-felt comments! It is so nice to know that I am not alone in my experiences. Whether you have lots of children, adopted or biological, or whether you haven't any children, we all can understand the trials and triumphs of life together! I love each of you so much!

This weekend we were all in our car together and I wore my favorite sweater. I told the children the story behind my sweater and how old it is. I bought it at the GAP in 1991 for my trip to England (I was a student teacher for a semester in a little suburb of London). Anyway, it is just a plain black sweater, but it is SO big and comfortable and has faithfully been by my side during weight losses and gains! I LOVE my sweater! So Clay figured out that it is 16 years old. He then said "MOM! You could take it to Antiques Roadshow!" What a kid!

7 comments:

Dollar General said...

HOW FUNNY! Here's another one...I was 11 when you bought your sweater!

Tina said...

Ok, well I was 16 when you bought your sweater! lol. Kids have a way with words!!

Robyn said...

Have I seen this sweater? Please oh please wear it to dance tomorrow. I would love to see you and the rest of the Ferrill clan on PBS on Antique Road Show. That sweater could be worth something as old as it is. Its not that old b/c that was the year after I graduated High School. I am old. Clay is precious!
Love you guys!!

shalita said...

Boy, I wasn't even born yet! You and your sweater are both antiques!!

Sherri said...

This will make you feel better.....


In 1991 I gave birth to my THIRD child.



Sherri

Anonymous said...

OK, on the favorite sweater topic, i just have to share....
I have a "Dam the Tide" sweatshirt that i bought at Tiger Rags in Auburn in 1986. That makes it 21 years old!!! I have worn it every year on Auburn/Alabama game day. Yes, every year. One year I had to wear it to an Elton John concert just so I wouldn't break the streak. I'm sure people thought I was crazy! War Eagle!
Dana (Roberts) Hay

mommy24treasures said...

I have a few things I have hung onto myself...
That is funny.:)

Your post below is SO full of your heart. What alot to share. I pray God continues to wrap His loving arms around your entire family as you all grow in your love for one another. I pray He continues to sustain you as you take care of your beautiful bunch. He called you to it and His grace is sufficient. I too am such a different person than pre Jacob and Chloe. I am not that old person anymore. He transformed me in ways I never expected. It was so much more than just adding a baby to the family. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Your little emperor sounds so charming. Your precious little Kimmie is so amazing. You are absolutely right as we have read over the past 4 months we have seen such a miraculous transformation in both of them. God is mightily working.