Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One year ago today!--December 12, 2006


I fell in love with this little fella one year ago today! December 12th, 2006! Karla and Jenn from Lifeline met me at Starbucks for a routine paperwork meeting. It was the first time I had met Karla. We had corresponded through e-mail, because we had filled out a special needs application. I wanted to meet her in person and ask her some questions about the special needs process, and little did I know that meeting would change the course of history for our family! Karla said those blessed words..."Well, I've already got a match that I want you to pray about" and she slid this photo across the table. The rest of the story can be read here.
Of course, two days later we received Kimmie's photo and file, and in a matter of days our lives were changed! That was one emotional week. It has been one emotional year! I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! Adoption is SO worth every tear, every painful day of waiting, every bitter-sweet emotion...the joy that these two toddlers bring us so far outweighs the hard times! I am so thankful God allowed us to bring Kimmie and Quan into our family.

One year ago this Friday...Dec. 14th, the day we signed Quan's LOI and the day we saw his sister's file!

(Picture will be added of our visit today to Lifeline as soon as Rob gets home from work!:)
Dec. 12, 2007. We celebrated this incredible anniversary week by going to see Karla at Lifeline. I truly think this day one year ago is the day that an additional love began in my heart...Starbucks!

16 comments:

DeEtte said...

SWEET! I remember that early picture of Quan well!! I noticed how much your "big kids" seem to have grown over the year too!! What great big brothers and sisters they are!
DeEtte

Tina said...

Oh what a happy day! I so remember the day Karla told us about Sophie..forevery etched in my memory!!

mommy24treasures said...

HAPPY SPECIAL DAY.

Lisa said...

What a special day! We are celebrating the samething tomorrow. It will be three years since we saw AC's little face. It is a day in your memory that you will never forget.

Walker said...

Amazing how time flies by so quickly! Quan looks so "little" in the picture!
What a special day!!

*Thanks for your comment! I almost died laughing when I read "We're ALL in this together!" Now, I can't get that song outta my head! But, you are sooo right! We ARE!!
Love you Girl!

Journey to Lilly! said...

Laine!! What a special day! I can hardly believe how the time has flown by! The journey with you guys was great & now I love watching your journey with your special blessings!
lv u,
Kim

wareaglefam said...

Yeah...one year later and Quan and Kimmie are with the best forever family ever! We couldn't be more happy for all of you.
I LOVE Starbucks too!

Love to all,
Tracy

Aaron and Erica said...

What a special day!

Love,

Erica

Family4Liv said...

How could you not love that face! I forgot how cute that referral was... What a dear trip down memory lane. I do love miss Karla! Oh and Starbucks! So she introduced 3 new loves! Funny, gotta have the one to keep up with the other two!!

Stefanie said...

What a precious story! God's hand at work through Lifeline (especially that KARLA) is amazing!
I'm SO jealous you get to go see Karla, someday I'm comin' to B'ham just to hang out with the two of you!!

Southern Cheesehead said...

How precious!!! I'm so happy and proud for you guys and I feel so blessed to have had a little part in this journey...what a blessing you have been to all of us "walking" with you and interceeding on your behalf!! Praise God for Karla too...may the Lord bless her work and her family.

And on that Starbucks thing...good luck kicking that habit! It's addictive!

Southern Cheesehead said...

Have I mentioned that we miss you guys? :-)

Dollar General said...

WOW NEAT! I can't believe it's been a YEAR! I remember falling in love with them at your dinner table, oh around 9/10 o'clock in the PM! When you showed me your "Christmas Card" with 2 EXTRA kids! They are SO ADORABLE! Let's celebrate that anniversary with another midnight shopping experience! WHAT FUN!! Maybe Shalita won't throw up in the parking lot!! HeHeHe!! I miss you too!! Love ya, Page

Green, Party of Four said...

Amen....an amazing day for you guys! Those beautiful children are so blessed to have such an awesome family. I love seeing pictures of all your blessings! Time does get away from us. Oh how I wish Ms. Lily and Austin would just stay little for us (and us...to not get any older).

Love
Connie

Jeff and Sonya Hodge said...

AWESOME!!!

The Blaszczynski Family said...

Two years ago on this day, 12-12-05 we were logged in in China, how amazing that we have this wonderful day to share!
Love,
Amanda