Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back in the Swing!


Well, back to normalcy...whatever that is now! We started back to homeschool, dance, soccer, and CBS this week! Whew! But I love it! I love it! I love being a mommy! Lately the Lord has shown me such joy through my children. What a joy they are! Hard work, YES! But a true joy!

Quan began speech classes this week at the elementary school. He was such a big boy just walking right in to his class, holding his teacher's hand. And when his first lesson was over, he ran out of the room and gave me a huge leg hug. Melt my heart! He did fine, according to Mrs. Vicki. A few times he refused to repeat after her, she said. And he needs to work on his colors, but other than that she said he was calm, quiet, and cooperative! Wow, what a different boy from that screaming, fit-pitching child we took to the Yellow Crane Tower in Wuhan 5 months ago! Only God can transform a heart like that! Praise the Lord!

Kimmie and Quan both went to their CBS class without me today! It was the first time. Kimmie cried at first, but not for long. And when I came back to their room to pick them up, the first thing she said was "Mama come back?" Yes, sweet baby! Mama ALWAYS comes back!
And let me just tell you, I LOVED being in MY class! :) Sweet fellowship with other mommies? HEAVEN! And my core leader is adopting three children from Ukraine! Coincidence? I think not!

What a stellar week this has been, because in addition to my going to my own CBS class, I also went to Sunday School with Rob last Sunday. This is the first time in 10 years I have been to an adult Sunday School class! I have always taught little ones during that time. I sat in that room, not really knowing what to do. It was a little bit of an out of body experience! I wanted to put flowers and hand-prints on the walls or something! :) Boy, being fed from God's Word is just what I have been needing! Thank you Lord so much for allowing me this time. I know for the last few months I have been spending all my efforts on helping K & Q adjust, and not that they're totally adjusted and attached yet, but they are making great strides. So it is nice to feel comfortable leaving them for short periods and be with other Christians! How uplifting!
We are hoping to be able to go on our church's marriage retreat to Gatlinburg. It is in about 7 weeks or so... we've called in the reinforcements (Granmart, GranBob, Nanny & Papa!) I pray that everything will go smooth!

There is a certain curly, red-headed little girl turning seven next week! I am SO excited about a special surprise I have planned for her! I love surprising my children, and I know this one will not disappoint! I am having so much fun making plans and buying things for this special surprise for my biological baby! God has orchestrated every bit of it, and that makes it even more special! And if you will be seeing her before next Tuesday, don't say a word that she's getting a surprise! She has only asked for a new bike and Easy Bake Oven mixes, so I know she's going to be SO EXCITED to open up this one very special little package! Care to take a stab at what her surprise is? :) (And NO, it is not a new sibling!:)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh aunt laine. you got my hopes up big time. i read something about a girl with curly red hair and a SURPRISE and my heart just jumped!!! but then i realized, it's not about me. bummer. HAHA!!! j/k. i love you guys and i'm sooo happy that everything is going so well!!! much love!
~Mabes

Sherri said...

Laine

It sounds like things are going so well for you. That is wonderful! I miss being in Sunday school. We haven't started back yet.

Isn't it the most fun to plan birthday surprises?

sherri

Lisa said...

sounds like things are wonderful. I am glad. I skipped dance again this week!!! Couldn't bring myself to do it, I have GOT to get back in to that routine next week. ITs Caitlyn's naptime and I have to drag her out of bed to get there on time... Can't wait to hear the surprise!!! I am curious!!!:)
Thanks for stopping by the Brambletts blog and leaving an encouraging prayer. They are so in need of it right now; I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day so much.

mommy24treasures said...

oh that comment above was me:) I have been working on a sewing blog for Lisa and was logged in as her... sorry I have GOT to stop doing this!
Connie

mommyofmany said...

I'm so happy for the times of refreshing the Lord is giving you. As much as we love our children, we really do need those moments of being re-energized by the Lord. Once our "tanks" are refilled, we're better equipped to share with others... especially the precious blessings God puts into our lives.

I do so enjoy your posts. They encourage me!

The Ferrill's said...

Connie, I am cracking up. You should see with my eyes scrunched up going "HUH? I thought Lisa's little girl was Ana Claire!" It doesn't take much to confuse me these days! :)
That is so funny! I hadn't had a good belly laugh yet today!

Dollar General said...

I thought about CBS this morning after the kids left for school - wishing I could be there...But instead getting ready for work! The Lord has me here hopefully for just a "season"!

I heard about my "surprise" - I guess it's not really a "surprise" if I know about it but I'm so excited about next Thursday! My dream date!! HA!

I have no idea of what you are surprising C. with - I hope it's not an animal! That's just one more thing to take care of...

I'm so glad you are venturing out into the world these days. You've been so disciplined with K&Q and that is why they are able to go to their classes too! What a hurtle!

Well, I love you Laine...

Jodi said...

I've enjoyed reading your latest blogs. =) There's been lots to catch up on. I love all the pictures you add. It's almost like being a little fly on the wall. =)
I am very curious about Carlie's surprise! That will make for another great post and I'm looking forward to it, very much!

The Blaszczynski Family said...

So happy that 2008 is off to such a wonderful start for the Ferrill's. It really is amazing how far everyone has come in the last months. God is awesome! We love you guys!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out what Carlie's surprise is!!!! However I am disappointed that is is not another sibling!!! Gosh, what will we do with our time if we aren't making suckers for Ferrills. I miss our time together and I know Kimmie and Quan would love to make suckers with us. Love ya. Ethel

Lisa said...

Wow, there for a minute when I come to comment and saw my name down there I was very confused. I knew I had not posted yet. LOL
SOunds like things are falling into place for you. I can't wait to hear more about the surprise. I think you have everyones curiousity up.
Love,
Lisa

Stefanie said...

Yeah!! Sounds like God is truly providing for your every need :)
Wow, I wish you had been MY Sunday school teacher when I was a kid... I am sure I would have LOVED it :)
And a happy early birthday to Carlie, sounds like one heck of a surprise!
My guess would be a PUPPY!

The Young's said...

Ok...I can't wait to hear what the surprise is!!!!

Sounds like you've had a great week! You guys are SO involved in EVERYTHING. Right now, other than church, we have NO extra curricular activities. I cannot imagine how you guys do it! It sounds awesome though!!!

What is CBS? I think you've told me before, but I don't remember.

Thanks for the new post! I LOVE hearing how you guys are doing!! I'm so excited about your retreat to Gatlinburg!! K&Q will be just awesome!!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Jeff and Sonya Hodge said...

How WONDERFUL to attend a class with hubby and CBS as well! I think it is very good for our children to be left in Christian hands for short times so they DO see that we WILL ALWAYS come back!
I am so happy for you!!! And, the retreat sounds wonderful!

PLEASE TELL US WHAT THE SURPRISE IS PLEASE!!!!

Mike and Barb said...

Am I invited to the party? I'll bring the whole gang!
Funny, Alex will turn 7 too. On the 17th!
I'm so looking forward to someday having friends over to celebrate with him. But he doesn't really have any *sigh*. But he is quite happy celebrating with his family anyway!
Love, Barb

Walker said...

I try & guess the surprise....
A puppy??? maybe??? She looks like a puppy-loving little girl.
:0)
B-man & her are only 4 weeks apart. He will be 7 on the first. I've got to start planning......ummmm...

Glad things are going great in SS. But hey, what in the world in CBS??

Green, Party of Four said...

Hey Laine

Glad things are going so well. I just love reading your updates on your sweet babies. We have been busy already with Upward basketball in full swing. Ms. Lily thinks everyone is there to see her.

Cant wait for the update of the "Big Surprise".

Love to all!
Connie

Monica said...

Wow! There's always something going on with the Ferrill gang! I can't wait to see what the surprise is! I know she will love it! I'm glad things are going so well. Have fun at the marriage retreat!
Love,
Monica

wareaglefam said...

I really enjoyed your post...it was very uplifting. I LOVED the picture of all of their sweet hands. It brought tears to my eyes to see K and Q's hands on top.
Happy Birthday to Carlie, my sweet little Carlie Q!
Tracy

DeEtte said...

Hey..I'm guessing a puppy too. Carlie would LOVE a puppy! :-)
Glad things are settling in for you. Can't wait to check back next week and see what the suprise was.

Journey to Lilly! said...

Laine! Your post is great!! You sound so happy & energized!! I love it!! 6 kids!! 2 home from China for 5 months!! Homeschool...extra activities!! all I can say is "GO GIRL!" Can't wait to get together with you!!
lv ya,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about your positive Sunday School and CBS experiences! Joshua stayed in the nursery for the whole service last week and we had to literally pick him up and carry him outof the room. He had a great time! The next couple of weeks for us are filled with visiting preschools for next year. We will be in Birmingham the end of Feb. for our next clinic appointment. Hope to see you all then.
Julie Hand

MandySmith said...

Hey Laine... I met you at CBS one time and emailed you a picture of Kimmie and Quan... I love reading your blog. It is so encouraging and heart warming! You guys are truly blessed! Love, Mandy Smith

Southern Cheesehead said...

I'm finally getting caught up on your blog...I've been away so long! I haven't been able to mention lately that we miss you guys a lot!!
my boys have the exact same Cars pj's..look again at our Christmas card and you'll see them by the tree.
I'm glad you've been able to get some adult conversation and Bible teaching lately...you deserve it! I'm looking forward to Thursday night soooooo much.

Southern Cheesehead said...

Now if we could just get rid of those Auburn shirts!
Tell Rob that I love the picture of you guys holding the Alabama nutcracker...don't think that went un-noticed!