Friday, January 25, 2008

From God to You

So many of you I know are mothers like me, running the rat race called life and wondering if what we're doing with our children is making any difference. This song by Steven Curtis Chapman spoke to my heart. As you read the words, please hear this as a message to you from God. To YOU. This is for YOU!

You're up all night with a screaming baby
You run all day at the speed of life
And every day you feel a little bit less
Like the beautiful woman you are

So you fall into bed when you run out of hours
And you wonder if anything worth doing got done
Oh, maybe you just don't know
Or maybe you've forgotten

You, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time

With every "I know you can do it"
Every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like the drops of rain over time
They become a river

And you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time

You're beautiful
You're beautiful
How you're changing the world
You're changing the world

You, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
Oh, I believe that you
You are changing the world
One little heartbeat
At a time

And you're changing the world!

13 comments:

Journey to Lilly! said...

ughghghgh as I sit here wishing for a shower instead of giving a test...that makes my heart happy. Thanks for the reminder of what is really important in life.
lv & blessings,
Kim

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi,

I found your blog on Stefanie's and boy did you speak to me with today's post.

Great song! Great words! Great wisdom!

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Lisa

The Princess's Mommy said...

Laine,
Thanks for sharing this. Sometimes you just need someone to tell you that you are doing things right. I feel like God told me that today through you.
Have a blessed day with your precious angels!
Love,
Monica

ps-I'm loving the new yahoo group, too!!

The Young's said...

Thanks Laine!! I needed that!
Buffi

Shalita said...

I have been waiting ALL day for Ella Kate to go down for a nap longer than 20 minutes so I could clean house. I am still waiting and it is 4:30pm. I decided it was my computer time, so I pulled up your blog. Thanks Steven Curtis Chapman----I had no idea you wrote a song just for me! Thanks God for prompting Laine to post this song today. My dirty house will be here tomorrow and the next day and the next. Our babies are only babies for such a short time. I will not always be able to look at that sweet "two teeth grin" that Ella Kate flashes my way every time she looks at me. One day there will be 4 teeth, then 12 teeth, then 20 teeth. And guess what, my dirty house will still be dirty because I am going to enjoy my babies! I want to change my girls hearts by praying with them, playing with them and holding them! Thanks again for the reminder that we, as mommies, CAN and DO make a difference! Now I am going to play with my children!!!

wareaglefam said...

Boy...did I need to hear that! I have been having my own little pity party lately wondering if anything that I do each day means anything. I needed to feel God's pat on my back to remind me to keep going.
Love you,
Tracy

mommy24treasures said...

thank you Laine, just for being you:)

Family4Liv said...

Laine,
You have blessed me today with this!
Im a huge SCC fan!
Ive never heard this one? Is it new?

Hugs,
Cathy

Jana said...

What beautiful lyrics!! Many thanks for the gentle reminder that despite all of our shortcomings -- we do make a difference.

Anonymous said...

You asked for it - if you keep posting blogs that make me cry, I'm going to HAVE to stop reading your posts ! I LOVE being able to keep up with your family, as I seem to struggle to keep up with mine! Glad that God is keeping you in his grace! Love you all, and hope to see you all soon, Laura

Robyn said...

Thanks so much for that Laine. I really needed that. Thanks to you too Shalita. Your comments mean a lot. They are only young for a short period of time and I cherish every moment!! Now that I'm crying at work I'll go. Thanks again for you blogs they mean more than you will ever know!!
Love you guys
Robyn

Trace Car Driver said...

sooo true. that is a sweet song, i've never heard it but the lyrics are just what i needed. i think i wil pass them along to a few other moms who may need some encouragement!! thanks for posting that laine :)

Amie said...

What a beautiful post. I love SCC and can't believe I have not heard this one yet.

Thank you for posting these lyrics.. I know they will be a blessing to so many moms out there... I know they blessed me.

:)
Amie