Monday, February 11, 2008

Mardi Gras!

Quan is being "Mr. T"



What a FUN surprise on our front porch this Monday morning! A box full of MARDI GRAS from our sweet college kids in Mobile, Kylie and Coleman! Here is the poem we found in the box...(remember I was Kylie's kindergarten teacher and she went to China with us!)

Dear Ferrills, a family of eight!
We have made something for you
Since your mommy misses a certain date..

Now, Mardi Gras is gone this year but we have something for you!!!
Katie, Colby, Clay, Carlie tell your mom and dad not to be blue!!!

Now get all dressed up in these outfits and beads
And have a parade-put Kimmie and Quan in the lead!!!

We hope this brings a smile to your faces
We know our first Mardi Gras in Mobile is now one of OUR favorite places!

Mardi Gras in Birmingham may not be just the same
But hopefully some moon pies will make for an exciting fun game!!!

Now, I must share with you a memory I have
Of a sweet lady who I have never seen get mad!!!!

She gave me my first moon pie some 13 years ago
In a kindergarten classroom full of adventurous things
and never a dull moment-no, no!!!

Now, here I sit at college in that sweet lady's hometown
Thinking of her wonderful family and wishing they could come down!!!

But, this box will have to do till we come home again
Have fun and we miss you, our wonderful friends!!!

We love you,
The college kids
Coleman and Kylie

Okay, here's the parade and THANK YOU COLLEGE KIDS!!!!!!!! :)

12 comments:

The Young's said...

What fun!!! How sweet of Kylie to do!! She is such a blessing!!! All those beads are so much fun, aren't they? LOVE the video!!! Kimmie & Quan have really grown!!! By the way...where and when are we meeting on the 23rd? Do you know? We look forward to seeing you guys!!
Buffi

Shalita said...

All I have to say is
THROW ME SOMETHING MISTA!!!!

Green, Party of Four said...

I want to join that parade with them. They are having so much fun. Just look at the smile on Kimmie and Quan's face. You are so blessed to have such friends. I hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating.

With Love
Green Party of Four

Dollar General said...

I flashed the screen and got nothing...HAHAHA! Looks so FUN!

Sonya said...

What a BLAST! You guys have so much FUN!

FUN FERRILLS!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you just Blessed to have such good college friends, you should be so touched that Kylie remembers her kindergarden days and what an influence you must have been on her. She is a really sweet girl and I know she loves all of you. What a fun surprise for you on a Monday morning. Your kids are so much fun. Loved, Loved, Loved the video. What a parade, where are the Moon Pies, aren't they supposed to throw them to the crowd, I didn't get any, or any of those beads. I'm jealous.

HAVE A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.

Love y'all...... Ethel

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh how fun!! I love all the kids and their beads!

How far are you from us? If you're close, you need to bring the kids to one of our FCC events! We're having a egg hunt on March 8 at the Green's church! You're practically famous up this way! Everybody knows Kimmie and Quan's mommy!!

Yes, Buffi is just so sweet! I'm glad we finally got to meet in person!

Give those sweet babies a hug for me!
Love,
Monica

Mike and Barb said...

Let the party go on!!! Wohoo!
Seriously, Laine, do you really, really, never get mad????
Your kiddos are so fun!
Barb

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Barb! Of course I don't ever get mad! ;)
You noticed Kylie wrote in her poem she had never SEEN me get mad! Oh yes honey. I get mad!
And if I don't go to bed soon, I'm gonna be mad in the morning because I have to get up EARLY for a cleft clinic visit! ;)
G'night!

Southern Cheesehead said...

page gets best comment award...funny, but remember that you're prego, page...maybe that's why you didn't get anything thrown at you!

Love and MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Lisa said...

How sweet! It looks like the kids had a blast in their own parade! Don't we all love beads!

wareaglefam said...

I am loving the Mr. T picture! What fun!