Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fun Times in March





Earlier this month we were invited to an egg hunt featuring none other than....Miss Patty Cake! (thank you Kristin W.!)
You can imagine the thrill as K & Q (and Carlie I might add) saw the REAL Miss Patty Cake. IN PERSON. When she walked out on stage I thought I was going to have to pick their jaws up off the floor! The Clark girls went with us and we had such a fun time! Afterwards Miss Patty Cake had a meet and greet and we stood in line to get pics. Boy, was it worth the wait! She spent so much time with each family, truly pouring her heart into each child. She even sat down with 11 yr. old Katie Lyn and had a heart felt talk with her about how God was going to bless her for being such a good big sister to all of our children, and about the amazing miracle He performed by bringing K & Q into our family. It was VERY special!
Kimmie and Ana Claire...all my children just loved AC to pieces!

Mrs. Lisa gets some Kimmie lovin'!



Also this month we enjoyed meeting one of my bloggy friends for the first time...Lisa and Ana Claire! We met at a beautiful park in Pelham and the time just flew as we talked like we were old friends! That's the way it is with blog friends, isn't it? We get so involved in each other's lives that we feel like we've known each other forever, even though we've never met! I have so many blog friends like this, and I hope one day I'll be able to say I've been able to meet each one of you face to face and give you a big ol' hug in person! I count it an honor to be able to pray for yall's needs, laugh with you over crazy days, cry over hard times, and celebrate victories of life! You are each very special to me, my friends!
update to this post: I wrote this post last week and since then I got to meet another bloggy friend! What a blessing to meet Stefanie and her precious family. WOW what a heart for children she and her husband have! Not only are they a family who follows God's plan, but they have so much fun doing it!
Adoption really does connect so many of us across many miles! I was also able to meet the Fahys and the Weathers again this past weekend...SO FUN to hug all these sweet little necks! ;)


Kimmie and adorable Dalton....

We are WAY outnumbered, Stefanie! ;)
Amy and Karla met us for lunch too! What a blessing!

10 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

wow what a fun March! Love all the pics.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Wow! You've been busy. I'm a little jealous that you got to spend the day with Lisa. She seems so sweet and that AC is adorable. Speaking of adorable...how cute are all your kids? In their matching outfits..oh I could just squeeze them! I'm so glad Quan is feeling better. Hope that tummy bug stays away!
Love,
Monica

The Young's said...

Wow...you have been SOOOOOO busy!!! It's SO great to see the kids!! You all look wonderful!! How neat it is to meet our bloggy friends!!! I think Keisha is coming to B'ham...we'll have to catch up with them too!!! Better go. Great to hear from you and SO glad that Quan is doing better!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Jana said...

How cool that you all got to meet ... in person!! I'm so jealous -- I mean HAPPY for you:).

Mike and Barb said...

Yes, Adoption is a beautiful, unifying thing, isn't it.... glad to hear that you were able to meet some of those bloggy' friends.... it will be nothing shy of a miracle if we ever make it to the South *sigh*, but you just never know :-))
Thanks for the updates and the pics - lovely as always :-)
Love, Barb

Sonya said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!

MichelleQ said...

Never heard of Miss Patty Cake but looks like the kids had fun!

Green, Party of Four said...

We just love Ms. Lisa and Ana Claire! How exciting that you got to meet Ms. Stephanie. What a beautiful family she has.

Love all those cute pictures.
Connie

Aaron and Erica said...

Love the picture of you and Stephanie with all of the children! Not way outnumbered, but way blessed :) It looks like you guys had a great time!

Your friend,

Erica

Lisa said...

We had so much fun! I am so glad that we were finally able to get together and let the kids play. Talking to you was like talking to an old friend. I loved every minute of it. We can't wait to play again!