Monday, March 24, 2008

Surgery Update

Thank you prayer warriors! You all are amazing, you're comments lift us up! Ladyblog, aren't you leaving for China really soon? I haven't been by your blog in about a week, but I'm thinking of you! And I know ALL of you bloggy buddies are ultra busy...that you would take the time to let us know you're praying means MORE than you know!
Well, here's the scoop... we got here at 11:00, they took him back at 2:00 and we finally got to see him about 5:30. We're in a room now and his lip looks great. Of course he's all swollen and has a few stitches, but the surgery seems like a great success and was according to Dr. Grant. Again angel nurse Mandy took great care of him in recovery! Dr. Grant and Mandy both referred back to Hannah and her surgery last Wed. and compared Quan and Hannah so hopefully Quan will recover as quickly as Hannah did! ;) Quan has not been able to keep a lot down so far but is very into the Cars movie at the moment. He had some apple juice and a little bit of french fry at first but didn't get to keep it long. Right now we're trying to keep Sprite in him just a little at a time. Hopefully he will rest tonight. Dr. Grant said we should be able to go home in the morning some time if he's doing well. Please pray that is the case because we're in a much smaller room this time and prefer to be home as soon as possible. However, we are VERY thankful for the great Dr.'s and nurses of Children's hospital. We'll write again soon.

R&L

21 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

Oh, I just now saw your earlier post! Well, I'll just pray for the recovery phase :-). I'm sure prayers are still needed, right??
May our healer touch little Quan, and let him rest and sleep, and heal quickly!
Love, Barb

Southern Cheesehead said...

yea!!! Praise the Lord...been praying today but couldn't check on a report until now so I'm so glad to hear the good news! It was great to see you guys yesterday too.

DeEtte said...

Hey! I'm excited things went well and I'm praying for that sweet boy tonight. And praying for sleep and rest for all!
DeEtte

Aaron and Erica said...

I'm so happy to hear that Quan's surgery went well. I'll be praying for you tonight - that you will be able to rest in the hospital and that you will be able to go home early tomorrow. Will this be the last surgery Quan has to have for awhile?

Love,

Erica

Sonya said...

PRAISE HIM! We are keeping you in our prayers!

Ladyblog said...

PTL, I am glad everything looks good so far. Hopefully, he can start keeping down liquids and recover quickly. That is my prayer for your little one tonight.
~Rebecca

waitingfaithfully said...

Praising the Lord (along with many others) for a successful surgery! May you all rest tonight and be on your way home in the morning!

Blessings,
Tina

mommyofmany said...

We're grateful to hear the positive report. Now we're praying that his little tummy will calm down and that ya'll can sleep well tonight and go home to the rest of your family early tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Praise God,all went well. I know he must be frustrated not being able to keep anything down. Not much fun after surgery. Hope you get some rest tonight and can go home early in the morning. If you need anything, I will be home tomorrow and the rest of the week, I can come any day you need me. Love y'all. Ethel

Walker said...

Praying for healing & that he gets to go home today! ;0)
Love ya
Keisha

The Princess's Mommy said...

I'm so glad things went well. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Monica

The Young's said...

We are praying over here. Thank you for the update!!! We pray that you all get to go home really soon and get some MUCH needed rest!!!
Love you guys...
Buffi

Steve & Jan said...

Rob & Laine,

I thought about you guys on Monday and said a prayer for Quan. I pray now that Quan has a speedy recovery. Just let us know if you need anything.

Love,
Jan

Robyn said...

I am so glad that everything went well. I was unable to check the blog last night but I thought about him all day. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery. Give him a smooch for me.
Love you guys!!
Robyn

Mom To Six said...

Praising God that all went well! Prayers continuing...

Blessings,

Ohilda

mommy24treasures said...

Praying everything is well...Continuing to pray for a speedy painless recovery.

Green, Party of Four said...

WE are continuing our prayers for your precious Quan. I hope his healing is quickly and you also get some rest.

Love
Green Party of Four

wareaglefam said...

I didn't even realize that Quan was having surgery...we only live two doors down!! I am so glad that all went well, and I hope that he recovers quickly. We love all of you!

Tracy

Journey to Lilly! said...

I am so happy Quan's surgery went well. Give him a big squeezy hug from me...& tell him he is in all the Pintaro's prayers! & all of you are! God bless you & bless Quan with a speedy recovery!!
love,
Kim

The Smith's said...

We are glad to hear that all went well with the surgery. We will follow along with the recovery. Our Noah will have his palate surgery on 4/9/2008 done by Dr. Grant and his team at Children's. We were so impressed with them on our first appointment and from all the positive feedback we hear from his other patients we know that we have made the right choice in having him do Noah's surgery.

Blessings for a quick recovery.

Becky, Jeff & Noah Smith

Livin' out loud said...

WOOHOO! Glad to hear things went well, isn't God great?!
Hugs
Susan