Sunday, April 20, 2008

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!?!?!!?

Colby celebrated his 10th birthday April 4th so this past Saturday we had a football party with some of his friends. It was such a FUN party to host and really easy since we had it at a local park. God supplied us with beautiful weather and fun fellowship! And at the end of the day, when everyone was getting in bed, Colby said "Mom, this was the BEST party EVER!" Mission accomplished! ;)
Go Pack!


We're ready for some flag football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rob and Kurt even have ref jerseys thanks to Doug! ;) I think the daddies had more fun than the boys!
The college boys: Coleman and Jared....team captains? ;)


The pinata that wouldn't bust! I broke the hanger because I filled it so full. Rob had to use bungee cords to secure it, and boy was it secure! The college kids had to help us bust it open!




Kylie the college girl...Happy birthday to you too Kylie! ;)


The party was complete with a visit from the ice cream man. I tracked him down on Friday to see if he would come to the party so we could have a special treat for everyone. (Thanks for helping me find him, Shalita!) You never know how hard it is to find an ice cream man until you go looking for one! ;)
Oh and we did survive the family pictures! And so did the photographer! ;) I'll post the site so you all can help me choose!

22 comments:

Stefanie said...

Yeahhh!! What an awesome day... it LOOKS like the best party EVER :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Colby!! And way to go, Laine! The ice cream man was a fantastic idea ;)

Sherri said...

That sure looks like it was a great party! You have WAAAAAAAAAY too much energy, Laine.

Sherri

Aunt Pearl said...

I LOVE Kimmie's dress! I know you all had a great time - you sure know how to have a party! And no, I'm NOT next ;-)

The Young's said...

What an amazing party. You just amaze me! You do so much!! God's given you an immense amount of grace!!! Happy Birthday Colby!!!
Love you guys,
Buffi

Jana said...

GREAT birthday party!! Happy 10th, Colby. Glad you survived the photo shoot and I can't wait to see proofs. I took Oakley on Saturday for her first ever, and she was compliant, but no joyful. The photographer asked her to sit on the "princess" chair and Oakley responded with a "No thank you." I should have proofs sometime this week, so we'll see.

Carlton and Aimee Weathers said...

What a great party! Looks like fun. So glad you survived the "family pic". I have had a couple meltdowns trying to pull those off! Can't wait to see them.

mommy24treasures said...

Happy Birthday Colby!
Perfect party!
I knew your beautiful children would pose perfectly for the family photo! They always seem to look wonderful!

The Woodalls said...

What a great idea for a party, fun for young and "old" alike! Looks like you all had a super day!

Emily

Green, Party of Four said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLBY! Is that not the coolest party. Your Mom just rocks! The ice cream truck is the best. Glad you had a great day.

P.S. Cant wait to see those family photos.

Love you guys!
Green Party of Four

Leslie said...

What more could a little boy ever ask for, than a fun filled, sports filled, ice cream filled birthday party.

That looks like such a blast for all involved.

Your such a great mom Laine.

Walker said...

You are one FUN momma!!
What a Great Idea!!!
love it! Yall little "cheese heads" ;0)

The Princess's Mommy said...

What an awesome party!! I can't believe you actually found the ice cream truck! You rock!!

Monica

Mom To Six said...

Awwww, how sweet of Colby to say that! It truly looked like an AWESOME party. Good job, Mama!

Hugs,

Ohilda

Suzy said...

LOL. What an absolutely fantastic mental image I have of you stalking the ice cream man!!! I wish one would have driven by my house today. It was WARM!!! Hapy Birthday, Colby & WTG, Laine!

Journey to Lilly! said...

Happy Birthday Colby!! What a great idea for a party!! How did you ever find the icecream truck??

Kim

Southern Cheesehead said...

Oh my goodness...I am SOOOOO proud of you for putting him in the GREATEST FOOTBALL QB TO EVERY PLAY THE GAME's jersey...ol' #4 Brett Favre! Way to represent, Colby!!! Go Pack Go!!

Aside from the other ugly Auburn jersies spotted in there...this is my favorite blog post for obvious reasons! I'm so excited that you're blogging somewhat about sports! 128 days!!!!!

Sonya said...

WHAT A GREAT PARTY!

I have some Auburn cheerleader outfits I'll get in mail right away for Kimmie! :O

Anonymous said...

They need to make the Space Shuttle out of the same stuff pinatas are made of! I had one at Laney's party in February and Jeff finally beat it to death with a baseball bat to get it open. What is the deal?!

Dana Hay

Sherri said...

Laine,

I just made the jambalaya from the recipe you posted on Linda's blog.

OH

MY

GOODNESS

That is the yummiest jambalaya ever!

This is going to be a regular on my meal rotation!

I think you should make a post of more of your awesome recipes.

Sherri

Amy said...

Laine, this is Keisha's friend, again and I was wondering if you could suggest any great books on attachment disorder/ I am not sure how much of that you dealt with, but we need to read up on that just in case. My email address is keithandamy.1@juno.com if you can shoot me some suggestions. Thanks, Amy

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Colby! Looks like a great party!

Greg and Steph said...

How FUN!! That does look like the best party ever!
Is Kimmie the only BAMA fan?
Steph