Friday, May 16, 2008

SO BLESSED (and a little bitty tag....)

Thank you all SO much for your precious comments about our newest child! It means the world to us that yall love her already like we do! I have been working on a post to answer some questions people have had about her and about our process....but in the meantime...



Oh the amazing joys of bloggy world! I LOVE it! I really do! I've been tagged by the amazing Wonder Woman. It's fun, easy, and I'm gonna do it. And so are you! Oh yes you are! Just look at the bottom to see who's "It" next!


Favorite person (outside family)? Anyone who tells me to "Take your time, no rush."

Favorite food? Right now I'm into salads....go figure!

Quirks about you? Meat on the bone grosses me out. And if you eat it in front of me I have to put a menu or something between us so I don't have to watch you.

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? Well, I asked Rob and he didn't want to answer! Whatever! I finally got out of him blonde, awesome mother, great Christian, and directionally challenged.

Any regrets in life? Um....I've got some from college days that I would like a "re-do"!

Favorite Charity/ Cause? Definitely special needs orphans, adoptive families, Samaritan's Purse, St. Jude Hospital

Favorite Blog recently? Here is someone who had a vision and is living it...SO inspiring. It makes me think of that Sara Groves song about "When the saints go marching in, I wanna be one of them..."

Something you can’t get enough of? For real....the Bible. I am such a fleshly person...I've got to have God's Word throughout the day. I cannot get enough of it!

Worst job you’ve ever had? I can honestly say I have loved every job I've ever had!

What job would you pay NOT to have? Anything where I would have to dress up and wear...oh my goodness I don't even want to type the words....the dreaded....PANTY HOSE!!!!!

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? Yeah, I'm agreeing with Stefanie's answer here: In our daughter's foster home. Maybe I could find out how they are communicating with her. And I could watch HER little quirks. And I could see how she goes to sleep at night. And I could see her SMILE. And then I would fly over to her and flutter on her cheek. Hope she wouldn't swat me down!

Favorite Bible verse right now? Ephesians 3:20

Guilty Pleasure? Late night snacking

Got any confessions? Oh yes, everyday! But I try to keep a clear conscience before God, thank you Jesus!

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? I've never been on a cruise and I would love for our whole family to go on one, so if I HAD to, I would put that money toward that!

Favorite thing about your house? Hardwoods, books always scattered everywhere, my grandmother's red furniture, a big attic, my orange kitchen

Least favorite thing about your house? the 15 year old couch with holes and fuzzy pills Anybody need an old sofa sleeper?

One thing you are bad at? being on time

One thing you’re good at? reading to my children

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? I can't think of anything, honestly!

Who would you like to meet someday? Kimmie, Quan, and Candace's foster parents

What makes you feel sexy? My denim jumper that I wear when I homeschool. Oh I crack myself up! ;) Did I tell yall what bumper sticker I'm getting put on our Partridge Family bus? "Yes, I homeschool. No, I don't own a denim jumper." Is that not HILARIOUS?
Oh woops, I digress....

Who is your real life hero?
My momma! When she and my daddy were in their early days and not so monetarily blessed, she sewed her dress for daddy's college graduation out of their living room curtains! And when they didn't have a car for her to go to church, she piled herself and my four older sisters on ONE bicycle and went anyway! HELLO? She's YOUR hero now too, isn't she? ;)


What is the hardest part of your job? juggling, and I don't mean balls

When are you most relaxed? When I'm at Ocean House #2601!!!!!!!

What stresses you out? When PBS changes their schedule and takes Antiques Roadshow off. That MORE than stresses me out.

What can you not live without? JESUS! (Oh I just realized it said 'what' and not 'who'. Well, you get the picture!)

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? Is it bad that I don't know what a narcissist is?

Why do you blog? It is my down-time...therapeutic!

Who are you tagging?

New/Newer bloggers -My sister and My niece

Bloggy friends -Buffi and Barb

Bloggers you’d like to get to know better - Amy and Kristy

Bloggers who you don't think will respond, but you hope will - Page and Michele


Rules:

1. Answer the questions

2. Link back to whoever tagged you

3. Tag eight bloggers to do the same, 2 from each category.
New/ newer bloggers (since we want to share the love and send them traffic)
Bloggy friends
Bloggers you’d like to get to know better
Bloggers you don’t think will respond, but you hope will

14 comments:

Leighboe said...

I never knew that about Mama, Laine! She really piled us up on a bicycle and took us to church? Without helmets?!?! And she sewed a dress out of curtains? Inspired, I'm sure, by Carol Burnett's "Gone with the Wind" skit! LOL

mommy24treasures said...

loved your answers Laine. THat is what I love about blogging too, its my me time. What, you don't have a denim jumper?!?;)

Sherri said...

I'm with Leighboe....I loved that Carol Burnett skit...."Went With The Wind"! I have it on VHS somewhere in this house!

Laine, you exude JOY. It seeps through your pores and affects everyone around you.....kind of like skunk smell, except sweet!

Sherri

Mom To Six said...

You crack me up, lady! I loved reading your answers. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Anonymous said...

I love getting to know you more this way! O.K. I know you were a kindergarten teacher and there was at least one denim jumper in your closet sometime in your past. I personally owned 3 at one time. My current count is now zero! They are no longer allowed for a woman of my age, or perhaps I should invest in some again and hope that people will think I am still in my early twenties ;)
Julie Hand

mabrynelson said...

You Ferrills tickly my funny bone--even from four hours away!! I'm no brown noser!!! It's a freckle! really!! :)

I love recital week!!! Acually, I don't remember recital week because it's been 10 years since i took a dance class, but i'm about to get a crash course in recital week stress! Mine is June 1st.

best of luck to Ms. Shalita!! I miss her so much!

Amie said...

okay the Denim Jumpuer is hilarious, unless you really own one, then I am sure "you rook marvewous" in it. Oh that is funny stuff. sounds like it might have been a good thing you weren't a resident in my dorm in college ;).
Your Mom is definitly a Hero. What an inspiration. You are very blessed!
I'm glad you didn't hold it against Stef and played. Loved reading your answers..

:)
Amie
btw- You must never speak of panty hose again, or we can no longer be friends. ;)

Kristy said...

OH my gersh!!!!!
You are TOO stinkin FUNNY.
The denim jumper...........I can't stop laughing -(my daughter keeps asking me whats so funny?)
Will you send me that same bumper sticker???
Oh.......thanks for a good laugh this morning!

Journey to Lilly! said...

What's wrong with a denim jumper??hahahhahhhhe!! lv it! Your mom is amazing.....she makes me feel like working in my garden!!
lv ya,
Kim

Stefanie said...

I really loved reading every answer.. a little glimpse into a person I truly admire :)
The denim jumper comment cracked me up, you HAVE to get that sticker! And your mom? What can I say? She IS my hero now! No wonder you turned out to be such an incredible person!

Dollar General said...

I loved this and feel honored you "hope" I respond. Heck Laine...You know all you have to do is say the words and I do whatever! I will respond in about a year! But, I will respond! HA! That's long to write one handed! B/C I have to hold my new baby all the time! I love her! I hope you had a GREAT recital day - ours was GREAT! I hate you missed Anna dancing - she did it this year! She's growing up!! I hate I missed your girls too - they are so good!! Love ya!!

Sonya said...

GIRLY!!
I have been so behind on my sweet blog buddies! Just got up to date on you! WOW! Your new daughter is a beautiful blessing! Praying her home!!!
Have you heard the Watermark song, You've been more than a friend to me, fight of my enemies, you have spoken truth over my life! That song is for YOU girlfriend!

Carlton and Aimee Weathers said...

Laine,
You are cracking me up. I need that bumper sticker! When people ask me what grade HG is in, and then I have to tell them I homeschool....I always feel the need to say, "Oh, I am not weird!! Really, I am normal!"
You are too funny. Your blog is stress relief for me. Still looking forward to seeing you this summer.

Southern Cheesehead said...

I would do this but I don't know how to "tag"..seriously, but I do know what a narcissist is..does that mean I am one? LOL