Saturday, June 7, 2008

Home and Highlights

We are HOME! Two weeks at the beach is just long enough to be ready (okay, half-way ready) to come home again!
I'm really behind (speaking of behind, mine is SO much bigger than it was two weeks ago. Oreos for dinner killed my figure. Totally. And I have a 20 year high school reunion in THREE weeks...just how, may I ask, am I going to get off the poundage I gained while eating to my hearts content and then some? In THREE weeks? I have to fit into SEMI FORMAL wear, people! What is that anyway? I mean can I wear black pants, or do I have to wear a dress, or what? Oh, major rabbit trail....) on my blogging! We arrived home this afternoon, I unpacked like a banshee, and now I'm hoping to devote the evening to catching up on all of YOU!
Here are some sweet highlights from a very blessed and full vacation!

Meet Tracy Turnblatt and Penny Pingleton from the hit musical "Hairspray". It was quite a production, let me tell you. We were so honored to have such high quality actresses staying in our very own condo! Note that Tracy has a toilet paper roll in her hair to make the "Tracy-do".

I think one time I mentioned how I would love to go on a cruise someday with our whole family? Scratch that. All four older children got to ride on GranBob's boat in the gulf and all four got seasick.

The vacation crew of Clarks and Ferrills

We love our shirts Lisa! Lisa is making these starfish shirts to raise money for the Starfish foster home in China. Go check it out if you haven't already! She is one talented seamstress!

We played Putt Putt for the first time in years. Ummm...putt putt with two 3 yr. olds was very exciting! Quan had to have his putter taken away after he bashed the plastic mermaid on the fourth hole. I guess that putter was just too much of a temptation to hit something with it!


We went crabbing on our last night. Clay was sick and didn't feel like it so K & Q stayed up in the condo with him and Rob and they "crabbed" in the condo. Rob turned off the lights and they got flashlights and searched for "crabs." I am SO thankful the crabs we found were not like these big rubber monsters! Note: not sure why Quan looks so miserable here, other than it's 11:00 and he's probably EXHAUSTED! ;)


Here is sampling of the crabs we found!


Here is a behind the scenes look at what it's really like when we take pictures on the beach. Just so you know we are NOT the picture perfect family!


When you can't beat 'em, join 'em! By this time we had all HAD it with the pictures and so everyone just started fake crying and cuttin' up.

Yep, this is what beach pictures will do to ya! It's funny the lengths a daddy will go in order to get his baby girl to smile. P.S. It didn't work. It probably scared her, and it DID scare us! ;)


My niece Mabry came down for a few nights and we all celebrated her 19th birthday! We LOVED getting to see her! She used to come stay with us in the summer but hasn't been able to the last couple of years and we miss her so! My children adore Mabry and I do too! She has a great blog if you want to check out one of the coolest chicks on the planet! ;)

One of my main prayers for our vacation is that God would be glorified. I gave our vacation to Him completely and He turned around and gave us SO many friends and family that came and visited us while we were at the beach! It was obviously so God-ordained. He just wanted to give us some good fellowship! And we also met NEW friends hanging out at the pool, Kristy, Kevin, Bailey, Bryar, and baby Brock! Bailey is six and she and Jacey Grace really hit it off. Then when the Clarks left, Bailey and our Carlie stuck together like glue! We so enjoyed getting to know this sweet family from Georgia! It amazed me how many opportunities God gave us to share our testimony about Kimmie and Quan. People were so interested in the two of them; I guess they really stood out together and it stirred up questions from people. I welcomed the questions and poured out our story three different times. To me, it was just a chance to let God shine again through these babies, ya know?
I can't WAIT to add Candace to the crew!

24 comments:

mommyofmany said...

Welcome Home!!! Glad ya'll had a great time together.

Nicole said...

LOVED reading the update!!! Looks like you all had a great time!!! Missed you!
:-)
-Nicole

Family4Liv said...

Hey Ferrills!

SO glad to hear about your vacation! Good Times! Wont it be fun to share them with another ferrill next summer!!
Thanks for stoppin by my blog!

Id say YES!!! That is for lady bugs N love, it was soooo worth it!!

Cathy

Dollar General said...

YAY your back, I can quit being jealous of you now! HA! I love all your pictures! It looks as though you had a great time! We sure missed you here in the HAM! See you soon! Love ya, Pg

Barbie said...

Welcome Home!! It looks like you had a fabulous time and God blessed your family abundantly with rest and relaxation and FUN!! Love all of the pictures.

Green, Party of Four said...

I so glad your back. We (bloggers) missed you. I would love to share a week with the Ferrill bunch. What a blast we would have. God is just waiting on Candance and Lia Faith to join in on the fun. We are headed to the beach in four weeks and I cant wait to take Ms. Lily back to the LOTION!

Love you guys and so glad you had an awesome trip.

Green Party of Four

MichelleQ said...

You fat? Oh puh-leeze! Gimme a break!

Just don't go--that's what I do (reunions, I mean! lol)

Pictures are great, as usual!

mommy24treasures said...

glad you had such a wonderful trip! What happened to all that blogging you were going to do??? ;)

Carlton and Aimee Weathers said...

Glad you are home! Can you believe I am checking my blogs at the beach??? I have got keep up with my buddies!
Your China babies are so tan!!! I just love it!

Carlton and Aimee Weathers said...

Oh, by the way...how do you get your pictures in those squares?? Like 4 pictures in a square???

Ladyblog said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a great time! I was wondering how you got such a great picture of all the kids smiling. It's a miracle with my 4..... I'm looking forward to hearing more about Candace.
~Rebecca

Lisa said...

Oh wow it looks like you all had a blast! Sorry the kids got sick on the boat. I love all the pictures.
Love the crabbing picture of the two little ones. They are so golden brown. They look great in their shirts.
Have a GREAT week at VBS. Looking forward to our next zoo trip.

living4him5 said...

Welcome home! What beautiful memories...I checked out Mabry's blog...WOW! She's an amazing christian and what a beautiful example she is for your children. I can see why you love her so.

Enjoy your week and all your laundry...LOL...

Blessings my friend,
Amy

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh my goodness, what a blogger blessing for the eyes! I'm sorry, but even when you guys are taking "bad" pictures, they're still hilarious! Love the kids lined up in their bathing suits. And the starfish pic of your kids cracking up, too darn cute!

Great job capturing the moments . . . and eatin' the Oreos! Black pants should be acceptable reunion wear--and surely the most forgiving of your vacation "accomplishments"!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Teddi continues to amaze me in her transition into our family. She is such a happy little girl! We are truly blessed!

Love from Texas!

Tina

Amy said...

welcome home! Glad to see you all had a great time

Mom To Six said...

Laine! I just love your big, beautiful family. I cracked up at the not-so-perfect family picture. You guys are too funny!

Everyone seems to have had a great time. Glad you're back. I miss reading about the Ferrill Bunch's blog.

Hugs,

Ohilda

The Young's said...

So glad you're back. You guys always make everything you do looks SO AWESOME!!! it does look like you had an amazing couple of weeks! We missed ya, and it is SO good to be able to catch up!!! Hope you have a GREAT week at VBS!!!
Love yall,
Buffi

Kristie said...

Laine, I'm so blessed that God placed you and your family (and the Clark family) in our path. I've just sat in amazement on God's hand in all of this. Bailey and Briar are so in love with all of you guys. Bailey already misses Carlie. Email me please when you can, I have so much to tell you (and to ask! Ha! Ha!)! Let me leave you with this, God is REALLY working on me.

Southern Cheesehead said...

Glad you had a good time, but selfishly I'm glad you're home so that maybe now you can have some time together with your new pastor's wife! :-)

The Princess's Mommy said...

Welcome Home! I wish we had crossed paths while we were down there! I love all the pictures and those sweet smiles just warm my heart! Glad you had a great time!
Love,
Monica

ps-Are you coming to the zoo on the 17th? And...you are going to look fabulous for your reunion!!

Tina said...

Oh girl, I know you all had a blast!! I was so glad to see that behind the scenes pic...lol..too cute!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Hey Laine!
We were at the Plantation. We LOVE to stay there. Where were you? Maybe next time, we can meet up and have dinner! We didn't make it to Sea and Suds this year. Last year, we stayed at the Boardwalk and we smelled it every night...yummy!! We didn't get to try The Hang Out either, but when we went by, it was full! I wish we could have stayed longer...four days is definitely not long enough!!
Have a great day!
Monica

Amie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!!Love the family photo. Classic!!

Glad you got refreshed, and glad to have you back!!

:)
Amie

Journey to Lilly! said...

Laine, looks like you guys have been having a blast! Cooking night sound like fun, fun, fun!!
lv ya,
Kim