Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Camper

I'll be out of pocket for a short while...I am really looking forward to being a chaperone at our church camp next week! I don't mind the outdoors too much. We tent camp with the kiddos after all, so I'm not so much of a priss pot. I will however be bringing my toe nail polish to apply touch ups. Seriously though, I was a camp counselor in Michigan the summer I turned 21. I was the canoeing instructor. It was SUCH a joke. And absolutely SO much fun! (Granted, some of that fun I'm not so proud of....) AND, I was a co-leader when Katie Lyn was in CampFire Girls and we went on many a trip to Camp Fletcher (Tina do NOT make me take 12 girls to the bathroom by myself when there is an exploding toilet!!!!) I have many fun camp memories, and so I can't wait to make some more next week! It's technically for 3rd - 5th graders, but some older and younger kiddos will be going too. Kimmie and Quan are going to be co-chaperones with me. Won't that be fun? It's only 3 nights. It IS two hours away, but we'll have cots. We can do it right? It will be lots of fun right? Me, my six kiddos plus about 25 others...who could resist? I'm in charge of the tie-dying, Buffi! ;) And Page, I'm praying our camp experience is as much fun as yours!!!!!
We'll be at Camp Toknowhim...which is not pronounced like an Indian name. Don't embarrass yourself, it's Camp To-Know-Him. The dashes are helpful in pronunciation and I wish they had been there when I first pronounced that name in public.
Oh, and we'll be celebrating our one year Gotcha Day anniversary next Wednesday with all the sweet children from church who helped pray Kimmie and Quan home! We'll celebrate with Rob when we get home, and he's okay with that. In fact, I found it really odd how EXCITED he was that we were going to camp. I mean he really ENCOURAGED me to go! He is SO sweet, isn't he? I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact he'll have a few nights of peace and quiet, huh? :) Really, you know he's gonna miss the heck out of us! I have a feeling I'll REALLY be missing him!!!!!!!!!!!
Rob will be posting something special on our Gotcha Day anniversary, Wed. July 23rd.
Love you all!

14 comments:

jhand said...

Have a great time!! I am sure that the lack of sleep, chaos, and junk food belly aches, will make for some wonderful family memories. Happy Gotcha anniversary and praying Candace's Gotcha Day is not too far off!

Love,

Julie

Sherri said...

Have a great time. There's nothing like summer camp.

Make those memories!

And Rob, enjoy the peace. Phil volunteered to take Hannah to her swim meet in Nashville all by himself.....I wonder why?

Sherri

Sherri said...

Laine,

I just clicked on that picture of your family to enlarge it, and I can't believe how much older your oldest 2 kids are looking!

Sherri

DeEtte said...

oh - I love camp! I was a camp counselor in college and just after during summers too. ah - fond memories! I can't wait until Hannah and Sadie are old enough for camp experiences. After visiting this summer, Hannah's already been talking about going...
Have you told K and Q that they're co-chaperones?? I'm not sure about boys, but if Kimmie is anything like my girls, she'll really fit well into the "in charge" roll! That's Hannah's DREAM. ha! Have fun!! And Happy Gotcha Day! I can't believe it's only been a year, and yet it seems like it's been longer than a year too. By the way, we went to the orthopedic doctor (the new one) this week. interesting. Much better bedside manner and he took the time to answer my questions and explain things better. But he reccomended the exact same thing, but I also happen to know (mainly because he showed me) that in giving his treatment reccomendations, he got them from googling "radial aplasia treatment". umm..thanks. I can google. I wanted his EXPERIENCE and OPINIONS..not a regurgitation from the internet. Anyway, I'm thinking about all he said for now..but at least he was easier to talk to!

The Young's said...

Laine...Sophie is going to Camp to Know Him this week too!!! Where is yours?!?!?! I wonder if it's the same one...is this just one that your church is doing?!?! Would that be cool if you guys were going to the same one?!?! Either way...I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!!! Miss you and love you guys!
Happy GOTCHA DAY Anniversary!! Too bad we couldn't be together again this year!! Can't wait to see the tie dyed shirts!!! Have fun!
Love ya,
Buffi

Green, Party of Five said...

Laine
You rock! Im not the camp type at all but I did go to camp with the youth at church one summer. I didnt do so well....a wasp decided that he was all about me and showed me by making his marks all over me and then a squirrel got in the room with us. I do so much better when there are hotel rooms are involved. haha
I know you are going to have an awesome time with your babies. Happy Gotcha Day for those precious babies. We will be celebrating our Gotcha Day with Ms. Lily the same day. Two awesome years with our angel.
Im praying that Candance and Lia will celebrate the same Gotcha Day. You need to leave me your cell phone number....incase I do hear something.
Love you
Connie

Sonya said...

WOW! You are a brave soul! Guess I am a "priss pot" cause I would not enjoy camping in a tent or a 300K RV either. Should I admit that??? Maybe I should keep that to myself!
Hey I WILL be praying for you! You are a super woman and I know you will love every second of it!
Can't wait for the update and pics!

Sonya

Barbie said...

I hope you have an awesome time making many memories with your kids!! I was a camp counselor for our junior high and senior high camps the summer before we adopted Hannah. I had a blast!! After two weeks I did miss home though.

Can't wait to hear all your stories. :-)

living4him5 said...

Have a wonderful time!! Sounds like so much fun!!

I'll be praying for you girlfriend!

Blessings,
Amy

PS...Happy one year GOTCHA!

MichelleQ said...

Brooke is excited, too! We are big campers. I think everyone will have an awesome time!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Laine and gang,

Have fun at camp!!! I'm sure the kids will love their chaperone, and her co-chaperones! What's not to love?

Happy Gotcha Anniversary!

Can't wait to see pictures of all of the latest Ferrill happenings!

Blessings~

Tina

Amie said...

That picture is adorable!!

Have fun at camp!!!!! You will be missed!

:)
Amie

Amy said...

I hope you all have a GREAT time!
When the kids and I were in B'ham, my hubby was in serious withdrawal. I could't believe he wasn't enjoying the peace and quiet.

Journey to Lilly! said...

Hope you have a great time!! I can't figure it out....but Tony is wondering if Me & the kids can come?? heheheh Rob, we will be praying for you during this lonely time :)
lv ya,
Kim