Tuesday, July 8, 2008

PLEASE PRAY

I know some of you reading this blog know Adrienne Watkins and are already praying for her. But some of you do not know this sweet precious amazing Christian girl that desperately needs our prayers! Adrienne is Kylie's(who went to China with us) brother's wife. Adrienne just turned 25 and has Crohn's (sp?) disease. She has been in and out of the hospital, and since school has been out for the summer(she is a 1st grade teacher) has undergone two surgeries and is still in the hospital. She has had complication after complication, yet her faith is incredible. Today she has had yet another setback, and I just plead with you right now to stop reading this and lift her up to our Father, the Great Physician.
Lord, we acknowledge you as Jehovah, our Savior, our Master. God we know you see Adrienne right now in that hospital room on the seventh floor. Father we know that everything that has happened to Adrienne does not come as a surprise to you. You have allowed it in your Sovereignty and your mercy. We thank you for Adrienne's passion for you, her love for you, her desire to make your Name known in that hospital. Father, we ask that you rain down tender mercies on Adrienne right now. God please in the name of your Son Jesus Christ we ask that you bring healing to every wound and infection in Adrienne's body. Lord, you are the only one who can do this. Remember her, Father. She is your child. Please dear God even now as we pray this, may her body be recovering and may she hear good news about her health. Please God show her a sign of your goodness. Please Lord let her have no more setbacks. Give those doctors YOUR wisdom to know the best treatment for Adrienne. We ask that her kidneys, her colon, intestines, bloodstream, every internal organ be working perfectly in the name of Jesus. Oh Lord we need you to intervene in a HUGE way. Please strengthen Josh, her husband. Fill him with your Spirit and your peace. Strengthen Adrienne's family and Josh's family to be encouragers, to stand in the gap for Adrienne. Lord we trust you. You only have Adrienne's best at your heart. We love you Lord. Thank you ahead of time for what you're going to do, and what you have already done that we can't even see. In Jesus' name...

13 comments:

MichelleQ said...

Laine,

that is what Jeff has--Crohn's disease. We are experts--he has one of the worst documented cases. By all means, let the Watkins family know (if you see them before we do) that we are praying for them and if any of them have any questions or need an ear or a shoulder, to call/email/come see me. We have more than been-there-done-that-have-the-tshirt!

Michelle

Rhonda Bryant said...

Oh Laine,
We are praying right now!!!! She is such a precious smiling example of God's love! Just an awesome gal and we think so much of her! We are keeping her in our prayers and close to our hearts!
Brandon, Rhonda, Bailee, and Brooklyn

Lisa said...

Lifting them up in prayer that God will heal her body.

Aaron and Erica said...

Laine,

I am praying now...

Love,

Erica

Walker said...

So sorry to hear. I was diagn. with Chrohn's Disease when McKenna was just 2mth old! After steriods & more steriods & many pills later.. I feel much better! I take med's every day and will for the rest of my life. But, God has SO Graciously blessed me with a milder case right now. I KNOW first hand how the disease can control your life! I will DEFINITLY be praying for her.
Love you,
Keisha
If there's anything I can do.. let me know!

Family4Liv said...

Praying for your dear sweet friend.

Cathy

Sherri said...

We're praying here in Huntsville.

Sherri

Steve & Jan said...

Laine,

I am so sorry. I will be praying very hard for her and her family. Please let us know how she is doing.

Jan

Desiree said...

I am also praying, as someone living with crohn's I have been there done that. It certainly isn't easy and for her to stay positive and upbeat, well she must be an amazing person. I am praying she heals quickly.

living4him5 said...

I'm lifting her in prayer now!

Blessings,
Amy

The Young's said...

We will DEFINITELY be praying. We have a friend that has that....and it is TERRIBLE!!! I pray for continual wisdom too on their part. Hey...a GREAT book to get is calle "A More Excellent Way...Spiritual Roots of Diseases, Pathways to Wholeness". It is an AMAZING BOOK...and it gives some specifics on what to pray for with specific diseases. Like for me... I have Hashimoto's...which is a thyroid disease...and it stems back to fear and anxiety. WOW....it just gave me some direction on how to pray. This book might help Kylie's sister in law too!! You can get the book on Amazon! Our pastor's wife recommended it to me. I have just devoured it!!! We're praying!! Thanks for the update!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Kristy said...

Praying right along with you......

wareaglefam said...

We are praying with you for healing!