Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When Momma's Sick....

-laundry piles up...

-dishes make a happy home in the sink...

-children stay happily dirty...

-toys find a resting place in the middle of the floor...

-school work goes undone...

-daddy stays home...

-kids watch lots of T.V...

-eggs and biscuits get eaten for lunch...

-McDonald's feeds everyone for dinner...

-lots of daddy tickles and hugs happen all day....

-hand- made get well cards appear all over momma's room...

-two toddlers peep their heads over sick momma's bed to ask "you feew betta now?"

-and when sick momma gets "betta now", she realizes how very blessed she can be, even in the yuckiest of bugs!

Thank the Lord I am on the road to recovery from the yuckiest of throat viruses, I never knew my uvula could grow to such lengths. (That thing that hangs down in the back of your mouth? Yeah, it has a name! Now I know!)I pray no one else in my home gets this nasty bug!
I am so thankful for Mr. Mom/Rob who sacrificed days at work to take care of our kiddos, I love you Rob!

14 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh my! Throat bugs are the worst. I had a bad one a few weeks back and I just laid in bed for 2 days.
So glad you are getting better. Praise the Lord!

Tina said...

Oh NO! I am glad you are on the road to recovery! When I am sick I never know what I would do w/ out Bert. Hopefully they didnt let your house get messy! I will pray no one else in your home gets sick!

living4him5 said...

Oh Laine! I'm so sorry you were so ill. I will pray no one else gets the yucky bug. Get as much rest as possible.

God did bless you with a sweet hubby, that's for sure!

Take care my friend,
Amy

Aaron and Erica said...

I'm so sorry you were sick! But I'm glad you are "feewing bettuw" now :)

Hope to talk to you soon...

Erica

Mama Hen said...

Laine, I'm so sorry. But glad you are on the road to recovery.

Amy said...

Way to go Daddy! Not everyone can take on the job of Mr. Mom. I am sorry to hear you were sick, it is no fun for anyone in the family when momma is sick. Hope it doesn't take too long to catch up :)

Walker said...

Poor thing!

Great Job Dad!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Amie said...

Oh I am so sorry you have been down. Wish I were there to step in and help.. though with mr.mom around and the most thoughtful kiddos, sounds like you are doing fine!

btw- can you catch this thing through a blog? Cause all the sudden my throats a little tight! ;)

hugs and prayers!

:)
Amie

Trace Car Driver said...

ugh, being sick is no fun AT ALL!!! and no matter how bad we feel it is so hard to let the laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc just pile up... b/c we know we will be the one catching up on everything when we get better :) but you are right, thank god for good daddies/hubbies! glad you are feeling better and i hope noone else gets it!!

Nicole said...

GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!!

Hugs,
-Nicole
hoping for YOUR LOA to come soon!

Sherri said...

You're just getting your sickness out of the way now because your LOA is coming, and then it's time to get ready to GO TO CHINA!

I pray that virus leaves your house before visiting anyone else!

Sherri

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh No! I'm so sorry you have been sick! Glad you are feeling better!

Love,
Monica

The Young's said...

OH...I hope you feel better soon!!! your house when you're sick sounds like my house when we're well....at least the part about kids watching tv...eating leftover breakfast for lunch and eating out a bit. I REALLY need to get a grip on things!! :) Have a wonderful weekend! Get well soon!
Love ya,
Buffi

Kristin said...

Aww! Sorry to hear you were down with the nasty bug! I had something that sounds pretty similar, and I was down for over a week. Can we say yuck?! I'm glad y'all are feeling back to normal and will pray that nobody else gets it!

<3 Kristin :-)