Friday, September 12, 2008

Josiah's Website

Things continue to improve for little Josiah. The doctors and staff of Children's Hospital are amazed at the miracle. I am so thankful that we all (meaning me and all of you praying!) were able to witness this work of God. I cannot tell you how much each of your comments and prayers lift my heart in praise to God...you each are so special to my heart. I really mean that.
Janna and her husband Jason have a website HERE that we can check in on Josiah's progress. I think you will be abundantly blessed by the posts they write, all of them giving the glory to God and asking prayer for other families who have little ones in the PICU. The Carrier's journey is still ongoing, so please keep lifting Josiah up as the Spirit leads you. I love you all!

As we have looked up to our Heavenly Father in prayer and petition on behalf of little Josiah, things are indeed looking up in his little life! It is with awe, reverence, trembling hands that I type this: Josiah is progressing! Today they took his breathing tube out, he has been awake, the pressure on his brain is dropping! Folks, the doctors are astounded, but WE know that OUR GREAT AND MIGHTY GOD has performed a miracle! Oh if I could just hug each of you for interceding for this precious little boy...I know Janna would want to hug each of you too! Specific requests now are that there would be no complications (no pneumonia) and that the pressure on his brain would continue to lessen so they could take the drain out. There will be several more weeks in the hospital, and another surgery to reattach the portion of skull they removed yesterday...so please keep praying as the Lord reminds you. I cannot write more right now...only know how very much your prayers have been heard. SO MANY prayers....



Josiah came through surgery. The doctors removed a small piece of his skull to relieve the pressure on his brain. They expected his brain to balloon out because of the swelling but it did not do that...AND THAT IS A REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES LORD!!!!!!!!! For the first time, the doctors mentioned the word "HOPE" to Janna. Praise our God of Hope. Please continue to lift up little one year old Josiah over the next crucial 48 hours. We believe that God has incredible plans for Josiah and his twin brother. I won't go into details now, but these little boys already have quite a testimony. And they sure do have the most Jesus loving parents. Thank you sweet prayer warriors.

OH FRIENDS...I WRITE TO YOU WITH A HEAVY HEART FOR MY FRIEND JANNA CARRIER AND HER ONE YEAR OLD SON, JOSIAH.
TODAY A TV FELL ON TOP OF HIM AND HE WAS AIRLIFTED TO CHILDRENS HOSPITAL.
HE HAS BLEEDING ON HIS BRAIN AND IS IN SURGERY. WE NEED GOD TO PERFORM A MIRACLE. I BELIEVE GOD, LAST TIME I CHECKED, IS VERY MUCH STILL IN THE BUSINESS OF PERFORMING MIRACLES. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM TO PERFORM ONE IN THIS PRECIOUS LITTLE BOYS LIFE.
JOSIAH HAS A TWIN BROTHER, AND TWO OLDER BROTHERS.
I LOVE YOU ALL.

34 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh Laine.

I'm praying for a miracle. He is indeed still in the business of performing miracles. Just ask our friend Caitlin who you all prayed for.

Lifting this family up in prayer.

sherri

Nicole said...

Praying for Josiah and his family! I believe in the power of prayer and I am a prayer warrior!!!
:-)
-Nicole

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh Laine...we are praying and praying.

Love,
Monica

DeEtte said...

Oh, I'm going to pray right now!
DeEtte

mommyofmany said...

One of the meanings for the name Josiah is "Jehovah heals." May Josiah's name be part of his testimony of God's miraculous healing. God certainly has a purpose in caring for this little man.

Praying in Chelsea...

Walker said...

Oh, this is terrible! I've heard of this happening & it terrifies me.
I'm praying Lanie.

Sherri said...

I am so glad to see the update! I prayed all evening for little Josiah. I'm up praying now.

sherri

mommy24treasures said...

oh my goodness Laine I will say a prayer RIGHT now!
Love
C

Linda said...

I didn't see this post until Saturday morning, but I am praying that healing will continue and Josiah will be completely restored.

familyof8 said...

Praying now..for complete healing and wisdom for the doctors. Please keep us updated so we can pray for the details of the moment. Thanks for bringing this opportunity before us so we can lift it before the Father of all.

Blessings,
Christine

Mom to my China Posse said...

Praying here in Missouri as well and I am a testimony how God hears prayers and gives us miracles. Our son age 16 was in a wreck in March and the prayers brought him thru.Keep us updated and we will keep praying.Kathy

Aimee said...

God CAN perform miracles.

I am praying for complete healing.

AnnaB said...

Laine,

We are praying in Idaho!!!! The power of prayer is so real...please tell your friend of our love and concern for her precious boy.

Fondly,
Anna

Steve and Jan said...

Laine,

I am so relieved to see your update. I have been praying for them and will continue to do so.

Please keep us updated.

Jan

Dollar General said...

Hey, I've got an update. Last night he recognized Janna's voice and opened his eyes and this afternoon I got a call and they had removed his breathing tube. Janna said it was continued progress! I just can't thank the Lord enough for His mercy and healing! Let's keep praying together - God is working!

MichelleQ said...

Shalita called me about this yesterday and I was just about to call her for an update! Thanks so much for posting that--it is wonderful news! I will continue to pray for Janna and the baby.

Rhonda Bryant said...

Laine,

My mom told me tonight that her friend, who also goes to church with Jason and Janna was at the Southern Gospel Convention for the weekend. Mom called her to give her an update on Josiah and she shared that the Hopper's read the prayer request at the convention where there were thousands of people!!!!!!!!!! Lot's of prayers were lifted up for Josiah!!! My mom has had Josiah in the nursery since he was born, he is precious and loved by so many!!!I believe we are going to see a MIRACLE!!!!

Love,
Rhonda

wareaglefam said...

Praise God for Josiah's progress! We'll be praying for his continued healing, and for his family as well!

mommy24treasures said...

Laine if there is anything I can do for this family during the next few weeks please let me know. I will continue to pray as well.
Love
C

MichelleQ said...

Praise the Lord! Thanks for the update and by all means, let us locals know what we can do to help this family. The next few weeks are sure to be rough no matter what but we are all one body--when one part gets hurt, the other parts rub it!

Trace Car Driver said...

in case you haven't heard... they set up a caringbridge website for josiah. here is the address:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/josiahcarrier

God is so good and has heard our prayers!

Sherri said...

I am continuing to lift this little guy up in prayer. God wakes me up at all hours of the night to pray for people....so he's on my heart and will be continually lifted up.

I'm praying for complete and total healing.

sherri

living4him5 said...

Praying for a miracle!

Hugs,
Amy

Robin said...

Laine,

I just read your post and update. Praise God that he is doing better, I will be praying for him and his family. I can not imagine their pain right now.

Blessings,
Robin

CK said...

We will add our prayers for continued miracles and complete healing in this precious little boy.

Cheri

Mom To Six said...

Laine,

Prayers continue for this little one. Please keep us posted as to how he's doing.

Hugs and waiting to hear on that TA news!

Much love,

Ohilda

Journey to Lilly! said...

Praise the Lord, Yes, God is still in the miracle business. Laine, I think about a tv falling on little Josiah & it makes me realize how very fragile live is. That could have happened to anybody's baby. I will continue to pray for healing...complete healing. God is so good. Years ago I made a button (pin) for our church....it said PUSH & under that ..pray, until, something, happens. Prayer really does change things! Thank you for keeping us posted.
lv & blessings to you!!
Kim

Kristy said...

Praying......

The Princess's Mommy said...

Still praying...please keep us posted!

Love,
Monica

Steve and Jan said...

Laine,

I'm so glad to know little Josiah is improving. I think about them and pray for them many times each day.

Thank you for the update.

Jan

Barbie said...

Oh my goodness Laine. I just saw this post and wanted to say I will be praying. I haven't looked at his website but will go do that now.

Leighboe said...

It truly does seem God is performing a miracle in their lives! Their story has blessed me, Laine, and I thank you for posting it. I'll be keeping them in my prayers!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Laine,

Keeping up with Josiah's progress and praying here in Texas. Celebrating with joy the latest update that Josiah spoke!!!

"Ball!" Glory to God!

Please Lord continue to work Your miracles on behalf of this sweet little man. Amen!

Blessings~

Tina

Walker said...

Prayin today! I went to the site.. he is such a CUTE-T!
Love,
Keisha