Monday, September 8, 2008

*Surprise!* LOA!




These pics were taken before church Sun. a.m. and I just couldn't resist showing you! (This is why we're often late to church! ;)


WOW! We are praising the Lord for this answer to prayer and for His perfect timing! I am still not sure it has sunk in; I was shocked when I received the call (may have something to do with where I was....more on that in a minute!) Our agency received our Letter of Acceptance today--this is the official document that Rob and I have to sign and return to our agency who then returns it to China. Next stop....TA! (Travel Approval!) Come on Green Family LOA, too! PLEASE LORD! We are praying for you Connie and Jerry!

We were having a pretty manic Monday. We hit the books hard this morning, with extra work on memorizing scripture since we began Awana Sunday at church. We also have added homework with Community Bible Study. So we really have to manage our time even more diligently than ever. I also had to squeeze in some 'maintenance' phone calls to hospital billing and insurance...those are always fun when you're trying to talk to a PERSON and not a computer. That really builds my character.

Then Quan's speech teacher called and asked if we could come earlier for speech (at Children's Hospital...a mere 45 min. hike) Why not? It's Manic Monday. So in the car with ziploc baggies of ham, cheese, and chips, and we're off. We have the usual bickering over whose turn it is to come in the observation room with me to watch Quan. The older kiddos LOVE to do this, and the room is about as big as my pinky finger so everyone doesn't fit. Kimmie always has to sit with me, and there's about a fingernail's worth of room for one big kid. So today Clay wins the toss. Kimmie, Clay and I are observing Quan trying his best to say his "c" and "g" sounds. We're behind this two way mirror and it's all I can do not to bust through the mirror and tell Quan to use his manners and stop wiggling! (This, too, builds my character each week.)

When all of a sudden there is the faintest knock on the teeny tiny room door. I open it to find sweet Angela, the front desk secretary, telling me there is a call from my husband. In a matter of a quarter of a second I remember that my cell phone is dead, and I had told Rob if he needed me, he knew where I would be. I also think to myself..."Something is very wrong. Something has happened. This is not good." Now all of those thoughts take literally a quarter of a second, and I then act upon those thoughts and FLY out of the observation room, leaving Clay and Kimmie open-mouthed and wondering what was going on. I say to Angela, "Something is wrong. Something has happened!" and I completely panic. My ears were burning as I ran to the front desk. Briefly I see out of the corner of my eye my 3 older kiddos staring at me like a deer in headlights, obviously not having a clue what I was doing out there without their 3 other siblings. I grab the phone..

Me: "Hello?"
Rob: "Hey!"
"Hey, what's going on? What's wrong? What's happened?"
"You said if I needed you to call you, and I just thought you would like to know we received something today..."
At this point I leave my body and really can't remember much else of the conversation except he did say something about "3 little letters I would like to hear" or something like that and then he said something about being so excited to get the good news first "'cause I never get to know these things before you..." blah blah blah.
Now I'm the one looking like a deer in headlights.
And I tell Rob thank you for calling, I'm in the middle of speech, I'm in shock, I must go.

I turn to go back to the observation room and apparently Katie Lyn can't take it and stops me right before I go in the door, with this look like, "Hey mom, remember me? I'm your daughter? Wanna tell us what's going on?" She asks me who was on the phone, and in my shocked stupor I said "That was Dad, we got our LOA, I'm in the middle of speech, I must go."

I make it back to the observation room to find the door closed. I open it and Clay says "Kimmie was trying to escape so I had to close the door...what did Dad say?" This somehow helps me to snap back into reality and I slowly become aware of all that just took place. I gathered Clay in my arms and squeezed him so tight and told him the good news. (I didn't tell Kimmie because then she would have thought we were getting her Hao Hao TODAY!) But I sure don't remember much else of Quan's speech class, and the importance of his wiggling and manners quickly dissipated! ;) Later Clay told me I said to him "I can't believe we got our LOA" about 15 times.

Now here is the really neat part of God's timing. From the time we submitted our LOI to adopt Candace, we waited exactly 77 days to receive the PA (Pre-Approval).
And from the time of our Log In Date of June 23rd, we've waited exactly 77 days for this LOA.
I just think that is the coolest thing ever.

Another cool God moment is that Rob's devotion this morning was on Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch (the same verses about Candace, queen of Ethiopia). That story has special meaning for us as some may recall...and it was just like God was saying "Perfect. Perfect timing, perfect child for your family, perfect God to take care of the details, perfect love to see you through..."

Oh how I love Him.

We still do not know who will travel...we are really seeking God's will about that. And of course our travel times depend on when we get that TA and a consulate appointment. Maybe November?

Anyway, back to the Manic Monday: I won't fill you in on all the details of the rest of our afternoon but picture one crying 7 year old because it stormed and she didn't get to go to riding lessons and one 38 year old woman pretending to be the horse so she could still "ride"---yeah, my knees will be paying for that tomorrow, especially when I had to "canter". We had extra time because of the rain, so we ended our Manic Monday by going to eat Mexican.

I guess we make quite a spectacle with all our kiddos in tow. The waitress at the restaurant tonight summed up the day perfectly by asking us if we belonged to the Big Oak Ranch. (You locals know what that is...) Since the Ranch is near our town, she probably thought anybody with all these children must be part of the Ranch! We just laughed and laughed and Rob said we belong to the Ferrill ranch! We love John Croyle and his vision for children and teens who need a safe haven...and hey, if people wanna think we're a part of the Ranch, we'd feel honored! ;)
Little does our waitress know, as of today we're officially adding one more to the ranch....and SOON! We are so humbled that God would allow us to raise yet another child for His glory!

58 comments:

Rhonda Bryant said...

WOW!!!!! I get to be the first to comment and say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! How AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Laine, we were just talking about this on Sunday! We sure do serve an AWESOME God!!!! I am soooooooo excited for you all! We sure did enjoy having Kimmie and Quan in Awana! Brooklyn and Jacey Grace enjoyed having them in there too!
I am cracking up about the Big Oak Ranch. How funny!!
See ya at dance this afternoon!
Love,
Rhonda

Trace Car Driver said...

HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD FOR THE LOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are so excited for ya'll. thanks for sharing the great news, and the story of manic monday... all the details are just PERFECT! GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME :)

mommyofmany said...

We're SO-O-O-O excited for all of you! We'll be praying for the myriad of decisions that still need to be made... and praying for Miss Candace... and for the transition... and.... Blessings to you all...

Robyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh my word Laine that is FABULOUS!!! God is so good!!! Laine on Sunday my Mom was just talking about she thought you had gotten your letter and I told her I hadn't heard yet. That is truly AWESOME!!! It won't be long now before we can love all over precious Candie Le!! I cannot wait!! Maggie cannot wait to dance with Kimmie tonight!! Shalita will get a treat for sure!!
I am so happy for you guys!!
See you at dance this afternoon!
Love you!!
Robyn :)

Green, Party of Five said...

You are so sweet to think of us during this time. We are so excited about your LOA! I just know our LOA is coming soon. God wants us to be together!

Love you!!
Connie

Nicole said...

YEAH!!!! WE GOT TA YESTERDAY so it was a celebration time for everyone!!! YEAH for LOAs and TAs! FUNNY thing is... I was just about to email you!!! CONGRATS!!!
:-)
-Nicole
waiting for CA for sweet LOGAN!!!

Michele said...

Yea!!!!!!! I'm so excited...I was just praying about this yesterday when I read the gas grill post. LOL

I'm so glad that she will be here by Christmas holidays because I know that will be so special to get to teach her about why that holiday means so much to us as Christians!

And how neat for Rob to get to have that special phone call - that was so sweet of the Lord.

Now go charge up your cell phone! LOL

Hannah said...

7 is the number of completion! It is the day God rested! We are so glad for your family! We will continue to pray for ya'll! We love ya!!

Journey to Lilly! said...

awww Laine! I am somewhere between tears & rolling laughter. We are so very happy for you guys! God is so good! I wish you all were near so I could hug you, & scream with delight!! I can't wait to tell my kids. Makenzie has so many questions for you guys. Everytime she looks at your blog she wants details about when this precious girl will be coming home. We love you all!!
Blessings abundantly,
Kim

Jane Morgan said...

CONGRATS! Well it looks like we are both getting new family additions in November! We will both have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! I am extremely happy for you guys! The Christmas holidays will have a new look for both of us! As exciting as it is, it is also overwhelming! I guess I will just have stop and claim Psalm 46:10 (my verse that always comes through for me). If things become overwhelming for you, I give you permission to claim my verse also (LOL).
Love you all,
Jane

The Princess's Mommy said...

You are cracking me up with the Big Oak Ranch part!! Too funny!!! Congrats on the LOA!! WHOO-HOO!! Come on Green's!!!!

Love ya,
Monica

Zoe Glass said...

Hi Rob and Laine and kids,
I know you are all on cloud 9 and close to Jesus! We are so happy for you and will pray God will rush the process and soon you will be going to China again,this time for your Candace. God bless you all as you reach out to love a child so far away, soon to be your child in your home. We love you all.
Zoe and Trav

Kylie said...

AMAZING!!! This is so exciting! I'm just speechless. Isn't He good?! I was thinking of y'all this morning in class and I prayed to God, "Can You please give them some good news SOON!?". Little did I know!

I miss yall and I'm still praying!

Linda said...

I am so excited for you! Even though you have been waiting and waiting, it really does take you by surprise, doesn't it?!

I'll start bugging you early to promise us that you'll blog regularly when you're in China. We are all sitting in your cheering stands. YEAH!!!

Amie@HeartSmiles said...

Laine-

I am bawling my head of and laughing my rear end off. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!! For all of it. FOr the LOA, for the 77 days, for the verse, even for the crazy speech appointment!!!! PRAISE GOD!

I LOVE that your dear husband called you out of your appointment to give you the news. Even if he knew it might scare you .. he KNEW this was WORTH it!!!!!!!! Love that man!!

HAPPY HAPPY DAY dear friend! I COULD NOT be happier, and I mean that!

COME ON TA!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Candace!!!
GO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could end up traveling together. :)

HAPPY DAY!!

:)
Amie

Aaron and Erica said...

LAINE! LAINE! LAINE! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!

You are so close now I can hardly stand it!

Thank you Lord for this good surprise gift for the Ferrill's today!

Love,

Erica

Rebekah said...

Praise the Lord! What a wonderful testimony! Thank you for sharing! God is so good!

MichelleQ said...

Congrats!!! Brooke is standing here reading this with me and I'm having to explain LOA and all that to her, best I can! We are both excited for you guys and can't wait either! God is awesome, alright!

Tammy said...

HOORAY! HOORAY! Congratulations on your LOA! What an awesome testimony!

Blessings,
Tammy

Kimi said...

Woo Hoo....I'm doing a little dance here in Texas in celebration of your LOA....I am so happy for you!!!

Praise God!!! He is so good!!!

Love and BIG ((HUGS)),
Kim :-D

Joe Jos Dav n Dan Morrison said...

YEA!!! That is awesome news. Candie "Leaf" will be here real soon. Congrats!!

Sherri said...

Yay!

I'm so happy for you!

Your whole family will be together for Christmas! Thanksgiving even probably!!!!!!

I'll be praying for you guys as you decide who all goes or stays.

sherri

Sherri said...

BTW--how long is TA taking these days?

sherri

wareaglefam said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! When I told Parker that you guys were going to have another child in your family, he asked me if you had a baby in your tummy! I said that no...Mrs. Laine goes to China to get her new babies. He was so thrilled, and so are the rest of us!

Love you!

Aunt Pearl said...

WOOHOO! We are all so excited, and can't wait to meet our newest Rancher! Let's see, 77 days....that would be Thanksgiving week! WOW! Hopefully, you won't have to wait more than 7 weeks. Amazing - 7th child, 77 days, that's God's number, fer sher! Love you guys - keep us posted!

Desiree said...

Amazing!! What wonderful news!! I can't wait to see Candace in your arms forever. If it makes you feel better, I actually argued with our SW when the call came and said no way over and over again!!

Greg & Cheri said...

Woo-Hoo!! I just love the story of your day, sounds somehow so very similar to some of ours...
How incredible to have read those verses just this morning and for the repeat of the 77. I am so excited for you!

jhand said...

Yea, Yea, LOA! Yea, Yea, LOA!

That is my cheer for all the Ferrills!! I pray that God makes it very clear for you about who will travel this time. I wish we were joining you on your journey again, but we are still in prayer and waiting on God's direction and timing about another possible addition to our family. I will be praying hard for God to prepare Candace's heart and soul for her transition into your family.
Yea God! Bring on the TA!

Love,
Julie

Aimee said...

YIKES, I about fell out of my chair when I read this. Hallalujah, I just knew it was coming this week.

COME ON TA!!!!!

DeEtte said...

I'm with Kim! Parts of your post had me almost teary, and parts had me laugh out loud (well, whisper out loud since my girls are asleep! ha!) I'm SO excited you got the LOA!!!
I laughed at your description of Quan in speech...oh, how many times I've made myself leave the observation booth at Hannah's speech therapy to prevent myself from busting in on her to correct some wiggling and manners!!

I love that Rob called you too. But, maybe you should teach him the "teacher" way to call someone if it's good news. "I need to speak with Mrs. so and so..I'm her child's teacher, but everything is fine and there's no emergency".
ha!

Thanks for making my evening! I figure no one else's post can top that tonight, so I'm going to bed!

Praying for that TA!!!
love, DeEtte

DeEtte said...

I'm with Kim! Parts of your post had me almost teary, and parts had me laugh out loud (well, whisper out loud since my girls are asleep! ha!) I'm SO excited you got the LOA!!!
I laughed at your description of Quan in speech...oh, how many times I've made myself leave the observation booth at Hannah's speech therapy to prevent myself from busting in on her to correct some wiggling and manners!!

I love that Rob called you too. But, maybe you should teach him the "teacher" way to call someone if it's good news. "I need to speak with Mrs. so and so..I'm her child's teacher, but everything is fine and there's no emergency".
ha!

Thanks for making my evening! I figure no one else's post can top that tonight, so I'm going to bed!

Praying for that TA!!!
love, DeEtte

The Woodalls said...

I am in tears! Congratulations, Ferrills!!!! Come on, TA & CA!!

Emily

living4him5 said...

Praise God! I am so happy for all of you! We traveled in November for Linzhi! The weather was perfect too. I am praying for a speedy TA and direction on who is going to travel. I wish I could go with you!! I've been walking down memory lane lately as one year again at this time we were preparing for our angel. BTW... I got chills when I read your post about the number 77...TWICE! So cool!

Hugs and love,
Amy

familyof8 said...

Laine...I am praising our good and perfect Father for this gift. Your post was awesome...laughter and tears!
We are all so excited for you and your wonderful family.
Keep us posted and let me know if I can help in anyway.
Blessings,
Christine

Steve and Jan said...

Oh! I'm so behind on reading my friends' blogs!

CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news!

Maybe we haven't sold our house yet because God knows I want so much to see Candace come home to our neighborhood!! :-)

Let me know if you need anything.

This just made my day!!

Love,
Jan

P.S. Rob is just the sweetest!!

The Young's said...

I am THRILLED for you guys Laine!!! this is so exciting!!! I hope your TA comes soon. Wow...this time we will watch you from this side of the computer. MAN...we'll miss being n China with you!

Your manic Monday really does sound manic!! I have NO CLUE how you do it. I feel so unproductive with my days. You just amaze me!!!

We miss you guys too!!! Have a wonderful week with this new information!!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Mike and Barb said...

Yeah, Yeah, and PTL!!!!
I've been wondering and stalking your blog to make sure I don't miss the magic three letter news!!
I'm so happy for you.
Wow, my head is spinning reading about your day! Thank God they're not ALL like that, right???
Love, Barb

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh man, I've been checking and checking and now I missed it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, what a Monday!!!

LOA!
LOA!
LOA!

I'll ice that Diet Coke, let's celebrate!

Praying for God to work out the rest of the details, knowing He will!

Blessings~ I am so happy for the Ferrill Bunch! Wooooooohooooooooo from Texas!

Tina

Mama Hen said...

How wonderful Laine! What a great story to tell her one day. Our God is truly Great.

And I love reading about you being the horse (the things we moms do), and the Big Oak Ranch. Too funny!!!

dnielsen5208 said...

How awesome is his perfect timing!
Congratulation Rob and Laine. I'm so happy for you both and will be praying for your TA.
Donna

Walker said...

OH YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Praising God with you!

I can almost hear Rob.. bragging about "knowing" first! That sounds just like what my hubby would say! LOL!

um.. looks like I will be getting another "cool" Christmas card from the Ferrills this year!!!!!!!

Cindy Jones said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you.. We loved having Kimmie and Quan in Cubbies Sunday night. They are such a joy to be with. See you Sunday....

Ashley said...

Laine, I am sooo excited for you! Congratulations!!! I will continue to pray for all the pieces to fall into place.

ethel said...

What exciting news. Can't wait for the TA. If I can't go to China without you, then I guess I will just have to send my luggage again,let me know how many pieces you need this time. What can we do to help you get there. You know if you need anything, just let us know. YEAH, ROB, glad you got the news first, how awesome. Laine, I would love to have seen you playing horsey!!!! Would love to have that on video, Ethel

ethel said...

What exciting news. Can't wait for the TA. If I can't go to China without you, then I guess I will just have to send my luggage again,let me know how many pieces you need this time. What can we do to help you get there. You know if you need anything, just let us know. YEAH, ROB, glad you got the news first, how awesome. Laine, I would love to have seen you playing horsey!!!! Would love to have that on video, Ethel

Sonya said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I am soooooo EXCITED for you!!!
This is SUCH a cool God thing!!!
I just love you guys! Can't wait Can't wait to follow you to China again SOON!!!!

Karen said...

Thanks for the invite. So glad your LOA arrived. I praying mine shows up soon so we can still meet for coffee in GZ:-)

Kristy said...

Rejoicing with you, my friend.
(I'll be emailing you soon....)
Blessings ~

mommy24treasures said...

wonderful Laine! A zoo trip is in order soon to celebrate;)
Love the pics :)
Oh My hubby laughed and laughed when I told he and Ryan about the Oak Ranch question. We had just gone out to dinner and Ryan felt we were the biggest family and I was telling hi the Ferrill's go out to dinner and their family is bigger:)

Tina said...

Hooray hooray hooray! What awesome news. I know you are so excited. Your manic monday is so funny! I too remember that little speech observation room from when we took Micah.
You are such a super mom! Praying for a speedy TA and that God will give you guidance and a clear answer on who should travel!
Lv ya
Tina

Barbie said...

Congratulations Laine!!! What a beautiful hectic day. :-)

Leighboe said...

Oh, Laine, that's so incredible!!! I'm so excited for y'all! (sorry this happened 2 days ago and I'm just seeing it) Laura thinks you should take Mabry with you to China, and since it was her idea I'm pretty sure she's willing to pay for it! :) Isn't she just the best sistah evah!
WOW.....it'll be here before ya know it!

Mama Hen said...

Laine,
Thank you for always commenting on my blog. It is like a little present each time I check. You are so encouraging too!

Stefanie said...

Oh my GOSH!!! Where have I been, I just checked in and am in AWE of His goodness!!!! 77 days!?!? I am SO thrilled for you guys... much to do before travel, I am sure! I'll be praying for you guys and the big decision ahead about who will go and who will stay.
Wow! God is AWESOME :)

AnnaB said...

Laine,

This is just so wonderful! I am so glad to be here. To share in your love of God and family, to share in your faith. And to share in your journey to Candance!!! I am just so happy for you.

(and any mama who pretends to be the horse for a heartbroken child has my unfailing admiration!!)

Tina said...

I'm typing through my tears! I am so excited for you! Our God reigns! He is so amazing! Thank you so much for keeping us updated through this blog! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all so much!
Tina Sumpter

Mom To Six said...

Ooohhh....I'm just now catching up. PRAISE GOD your sweet girl is coming home!

I am so happy for all of you.

Hugs,

Ohilda

PS Those kids of yours are so sweet they are almost "edible"! :)
Love the pictures.

Suzy said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. God is just so GOOD.