Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where do I begin?

I am SO sorry I have kept you all hanging! Joe and Jennifer just got our site up and running earlier on Thursday, and I've wanted to post about a million times but somehow got distracted! It was Rob's birthday yesterday, and he has been out of town all week. He flew home on his birthday and we immediately took him to birthday dinner and got caught up on hugs and kisses....so there ya go! Before he went to bed I said, "DONT send out an email with our new site, yet! I have to let my bloggy friends know FIRST!" ;) Didn't want yall finding out from any other source that our travel site is ready, now we can't be havin' that! ;)

Wow! Since our last post, we have received so many encouraging verses and comments! How do I convey my thanks? I will tell you that every one of the verses you have posted in the comments or sent privately in an email, will be tucked away with us safe and sound during our trip. They will not be packed in checked baggage baby! Those nuggets of wisdom and gold will be with ME in MY carry on! I cherish each one because I know that 1) you put so much thought and prayer into it and 2) it is straight from Jesus. So thank you sweet friends and family! You had me in TEARS from reading all your sweet sweet comments and emails...thank you God for bringing me a circle of prayer warriors and friends who are so true and REAL. I love you so much!

AND, thank you for your prayers! We have felt them this week! I know God is moving...here AND in LePing, China!

So here are some FYI that is not on our travel site:
*We will leave Saturday (um, that's TOMORROW) and go down south to a family reunion. I cannot wait! My mom and ALL my sisters and nieces and nephews will be there, not to mention countless cousins, aunts, and uncles...we will leave our four older kiddos (sniff, sniff) at the reunion to be loved on by their cousins and aunts and grandparents, and then we will head up to Atlanta with Kimmie and Quan. My parents, and my sister and niece will take Katie Lyn, Colby, Clay and Carlie to the beach for the first week we're gone! I'm so excited for them!
*We leave Atlanta EARLY Sun. morning, arrive in Beijing Mon. afternoon (China time-which is 13 hrs. ahead of us) and then fly to Nanchang, Jiangxi Mon. night. (We just found out yesterday our connecting flight to Nanchang was cancelled and we couldn't get another flight until 9 something...so we will not get there until after midnight.) And then we meet Candace sometime on Tuesday! Whew! I cannot wait to lay eyes on this sweet angel! Breathe. Deep.
*The second week of our trip is when our kiddos will flit here and there like the little social butterflies that they are! The Clarks, the Longs, the Fargarsons, Rob's parents, they will all share the load of getting the kiddos to their various activities as well as just keeping the fun rolling to make the time go quicker! So a special THANK YOU to ALL who will be keeping our children...my sister Lyn will have them for awhile and she has 9 year old Claire, so she will be going from one child to FIVE children! She will take them all to our church fall festival. Lyn, do you realize this involves costumes? Katie Lyn has her Shirley Temple costume all planned out, and she said, "Aunt Lyn can just curl my hair." Don't worry Lyn. I told her, "Honey, Aunt Lyn will just say 'Let's just go buy you a wig!'" ;) Paula F. will have the kiddos for 2 nights, and she will be going from her 3 children to SEVEN! Whew! Piece o' cake, right Paula?
*We arrive back in Atlanta the night of Oct. 31, and we probably will spend the night there. It really depends on how we're feelin'. I know I will be SO anxious to be reunited with our four older kiddos!
*So now I'm feelin' like I'm rambling. And wouldn't you much rather look at pictures? Me too. Sorry I'm not posting any...but I really have a ton. We've gone to the Frito Lay factory for a field trip, Moundville for a field trip, last weekend between 3 of our kiddos we played 11 soccer games in the tournament (GO Springville U-12 girls...2nd place!), we've celebrated Clay's birthday and now Rob's birthday, and oh yeah...we've finished our first 9 weeks of school just in time for a two week break! ;) And we've been packing and preparing for our trip. Which begins tomorrow!

10 comments:

shalita said...

WOW! This is for real!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to meet our little Candace! I cannot wait for you all to get home, and you have not even left yet! Many prayers and tons of love are going before you, lifting you while you are in China and then following you home! God is so GREAT and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for the Ferrill Family of Nine!

Rebekah said...

Laine, I need a Mountain Dew just reading about your itinerary! LOL! Seriously, though, I can't wait to hear the testimonies of God's goodness. We are praying for you!

Keisha said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!
Man, I can't wait to see her with yall!!!

Have a safe trip, know that you & Rob & K &Q are in our prayers!!!!!
I love ya, girl.... Go get your GIRL!!!
Praising Him,
Keisha

Trace Car Driver said...

i have been watching every day for more news about your trip. YAY YAY YAY! it is almost here. praying that you will have god's peace surrounding all ya'll do the next 2 weeks... can not WAIT to keep up with the blog while you are gone. will def. be praying for you. god is soooo good and i know he will be glorified completely in all that is said and done while bringing candace home! love ya!

Rhonda Bryant said...

Laine,

We are praying for you all, and we are soooooooo excited!! I talked to our kids in Sunday School this past Sunday about Candace, and I will continue to talk to them while you all are gone! They all remembered what you had taught them. To gently tap Candace, point to their eyes and then point to what they wanted her to see. They all did it and did a great job!

I would love to help with your kids while ya'll are gone, if anybody needs us please call, Long's and Clark's. We would love to help!!!

We are praying and we love you!!!!!
Brandon, Rhonda, Bailee, and Brooklyn

living4him5 said...

I am so excited for you all!!! May the Lord bless you with safe travels and good times.

I wish I could jump on that plane with you and bring another precious baby home.

With you in Spirit...Hugs and love,
Amy

Lisa said...

I can't wait to follow along. I will be praying for all of ya'll!
God speed back to China!
Wahoo!
Love,
Lisa

Steve and Jan said...

We are praying for you all at our house too!

I am so thrilled that I might get to see your new beautiful daughter before we leave for Texas!

Love,
Jan

Leighboe said...

First of all, Happy Birthday Clay and Rob! Hope y'all had great ones!
I still can't believe we'll see y'all at the reunion but I sure am excited!
I've been praying for y'all and especially Candace! Bless her heart...coming home on Halloween?! What will she think of all the kids running around in costume?! "Oh,goodness,there sure are some ugly kids over here!" LOL

Greg and Steph said...

We love you, guys!!!!
Praying for safety and AMAZING bonding!!!

Much love and many prayers!
Steph and HG