Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nothing to Complain About!

Do you ever have nothing to post about, yet so much to post about? I've got all these thoughts and events running around in my brain that I want to sort out...but I guess the main theme of the week is the title above: I have NOTHING to complain about. Now, that doesn't mean I HAVENT complained this week. Actually I have. It's been a less than stellar week around here. But the Lord has put my week into perspective and I have come to Him repentant for bad attitudes and ungratefulness. I'm so thankful for His love and mercy. I want to live a life of thankfulness!

I'm so thankful I was able to be at Aimee and Carlton's homecoming at the airport and meet their sweet Lily and Hannah Grace and Noah. I was also able to meet Erica and sweet Clara You You who we are praying for her heart surgery next Wednesday. Connie and her "best friend" and Lily and Lia Faith were there too! What a treasured afternoon! We are praying for Lia Faith and her upcoming surgery as well.
Aimee, Lily, and Clara You You-Proud big sis Hannah Grace in the back!
Lia Faith, Connie's Mom-I love how she introduced her as her best friend!- Lily and Connie

I'm so thankful Candace has learned how to swing herself...the whole pump your legs thing. I forgot what an accomplishment that is!


I'm so thankful for the millions of first cousins my children have...okay it's not really millions but it's close! We had a fun family game night with everyone playing Guesstures. Rob, could you please act out the word "mid-wife" again? Please? ;)
Hannah with Quan, Kimmie, and Candace

I'm so thankful that after the most horrible hail storm, (in which I did sob like a baby-I cannot lie) that God gave me this view from my front porch. I'm not sure I've ever been that close to a rainbow. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness amidst the storms of life.


I'm so thankful for Kimmie's sweet friend Maggie. They both share a determined spirit as now Maggie has to overcome a broken leg--she is such a trooper! It doesn't slow her down one bit! She and Kimmie are truly kindred spirits!
Kimmie and Maggie--Big Lovin'!

Kimmie, Maggie with cute purple cast, Jacey Grace, and Brooklyn-sweet friends!

I'm so thankful to be able to watch Quan, Candace, and Kimmie go bowling for the first time. (Jacey Grace, it was a GREAT party!) I'm so thankful to see Kimmie's attitude "Of course I can bowl all by myself" and doesn't even think twice about it!
Nothing is impossible with God!

Look at that stance! Yeah, he knows he's something else!

I knocked down TWO, Momma!

I'm so thankful that I can fill up a picnic bench with just my children...thank you Lord!

I'm so thankful we were able to go watch Rick and Bubba's radio show, live and in person! What a great field trip! Rick got a big hug from Quan. Rick just squeezed and squeezed Quan. Rick lost his young son last year in a tragic drowning accident. God has d0ne amazing things through Bronner's death...you can listen to Rick speaking at his son's funeral HERE...it is very life changing and challenging. Some of you may not have ever heard of Rick and Bubba. They are two Jesus loving radio personalities who are on a secular radio station (here in Alabama and they are syndicated all over the place)...and while they can be so funny about day to day life, they are also very serious about their faith.
Sweet big hugs from a little guy to a big guy!

The Mardi Gras family with Rick and Bubba. It was Mardi Gras day, and since we are native Mobilians we HAD to celebrate!

I'm so thankful for chaotic days, silly kids...I'm so thankful for the life God has given me!
Living life to the fullest...in light of eternity...

18 comments:

Linda said...

I love it! This is one of your best posts ever, and it reminds all of us to be thankful for the common everyday things - they are the best! The pictures are just great.

I did hear about the drowning. K-LOVE mentioned something about it, and Sean Hannity also mentioned this particular DJ on one of his radio programs. I'm sure Quan's hug really DID mean a lot to him.

I hope the hail didn't do too much damage. After last spring's storm in my town, I know what you might be facing.

Hope you have a GREAT week!

Steve and Jan said...

Hey Laine!

Loved your post! Thank you for the much needed reminder to be thankful for those things we take for granted.

Hail storm?! Hope our house is okay. I had not heard anything about that. If you get a minute, write and let me know when it was and if everyone's house seems to be okay.

Take care. Tell everyone hello for me :-)

Love,
Jan

The Morrison's said...

Hey Ferrill's!!

Love your thankful Saturday post (even though everyday is a thankful day with the Lord). Ya'll have had a busy week.
See you tomoorow :)

Mama Hen said...

Wow! Looks like ya'll have had a busy week! You do have so much to be thankful for - we all do!

Dollar General said...

That all looked so fun!

The day after y'all were at the Rick and Bubba show I heard Rick refer to your family as "beautiful"! Y'all are beautiful...inside and out!

And I'm thankful for you Lainie!!

Love ya,
Page

Aimee said...

Laine!!!!

I love your post! We all need a reminder of all the things we sometimes take for granted. The simple things in life...are the most precious.

Got any snow over there???

You sound just like me when there is a storm. I am the biggest baby in the whole house!

Cindy Jones said...

I love this post especially all of the pictures.I looks like you had a lot of fun.

Robin said...

So much to be thankful for and so glad to catch back up with you guys!!!

We've had a lot of sickness around here but thankfully brighter days are ahead!!

Blessings,
Robin

Mike and Barb said...

Yes, thankfulness sometimes seems to disappear into peanut butter and piles of laundry, doesn't it *sigh*, I SO hear ya!
But all these smiling faces are too cute. Poor Quan, getting choked by his siter *LOL*. I bet that happens only for the goofy pics!
Love you,
Barb

Buffi said...

You just have an amazing family!!!! I LOVE IT!!! What a great post!! I love Kimmie's Can DO attitude. Guess I should look at Sadie's attitude as a "can do" one instead of a "rebellious...I'm going to do it MY WAY" attitude. ;~D What a beautiful rainbow!!! A special reminder of God's promises!!! Miss yall!! HEY...are we going to get together for a two year reunion?!? I hope we do! It will not be much longer. Can you believe that?!?! Better go. Hope you guys have a great week!!
Love you,
Buffi

connie said...

Amazing thoughts, amazing post, amazing family! We were wondering how you all fared through the storm. Praise God!

Shalita said...

Great post and awesome pictures!!! I am thankful for special friends that are truly family!!!

Love you guys so much!!!

southern cheesehead said...

Awww...great pics and thankful post!!! Missed you last night...I'm believing God!
Love you!

Family4Liv said...

Hey Laine I too loved your post. Im so glad that GOd put your wonderful family in my path. Your such an encouragement for my life and eternal way of thinking!

GOd BLess You!

Green, Party of Five said...

Hey Girl!
I loved seeing you and your beautiful babies at the airport. Oh how I wished we could have stayed longer. Ms. Lily just wasnt feeling the best that day.
My "best friend" thought your kids were great too!
I wanted to let you know that Lia's surgery will be April 2 at Childrens Hospital.
love you
Connie

Tammy said...

I'm glad you were able to be thankful in spite of rough week. I can definitely relate (I didn't name my blog "enjoying our journey" because it always peachy, that's for sure).

The photos are great! Jim and I went the Mobile Madi Gras for the first time. It was wonderful!

Blessings!

Ohilda said...

And I'm so thankful that I get to peek into the Ferrill life that always makes me smile BIG! :)

You're amazing!

Love you,

Ohilda

Trace Car Driver said...

awesome!! you are right, even when we do complain (which i've done my share of lately...) most of the time we have nothing to complain about! god is so good and i am glad he loves us and takes care of us! love the bowling pics, rainbow, and of course rick and bubba!!