Thursday, March 12, 2009

TEARS OF JOY


Today I have seen an answer to prayer that I have prayed for EVERYDAY since our first adoption clinic visit in November with Candace. EVERYDAY I have written Candace's name in my prayer journal. After the word salvation, I write one word. Four letters. GROW.
Each month she goes to some sort of a doctor visit. Maybe it's her ENT. Maybe it's our general pediatrician. Maybe it's the endocrinologist. Each time, I watch her get measured with intensity. Waiting, waiting, waiting for even just a hair's worth of growth. Just a smidgeon. I'd be thrilled with a centimeter. Each time, it's the same as before.

Today Candace had a growth hormone study at the endo. office. A four hour visit with her on an IV getting different medicines and getting lots of blood samples. It will show us whether she needs growth hormone shots, or if she's just going to be a tiny mite. I didn't pay too much attention this time when they measured her height.
In the middle of the appointment, the doctor came in and said they needed to re-measure her height. It showed she had grown a centimeter since Feb. 20th. Her exact words..."There is no way that can happen."
Um...I think I know of THE WAY. He's called The WAY, The TRUTH, and The LIFE. And I couldn't contain myself. "Ain't no rocks gonna cry in my place, as long as I'm alive I'll glorify His Holy Name!" (I love that song!)
I said to her, "There IS a way! We've been praying for her to grow. I think the Lord has made her grow!"
All I got was a simple, "Could be, but let's re-measure her anyway."
Insert holy giggle here....They measured her THREE times. ONE CENTIMETER GROWTH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Jesus. My baby is growing. Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!
We will know the results from the study soon, but right now I just know that she has GROWN! God hears my cries.

One other praise...You You got to go home from the hospital!

Please pray for my sweet bloggy friend Ohilda. Her little son from China, Kai, is having difficulty breathing and is in the hospital. It's a hard time for Ohilda and her family. Please pray for them RIGHT NOW....
God hears our cries!!!!!

14 comments:

Journey to Lilly! said...

Hey Laine! I am catching up in bloggy world. Praise God for Candance's growth! God is so good!! You all look so happy. Glad to see your filled with so many fun days. I hope you got Rob singing to you on video??
lv u,
Kim

DeEtte said...

Oh - that post made me cry!! God does hear our every cry!
Thanks for your prayers for Sadie too - she's doing well. A little uncomfortable and in a little pain when her meds start to wear off, but overall doing great. She's been watching Elmo and fussing at the Cookie Monster on TV for eating too many cookies! So her humor is intact!

momtojcgb said...

Oh Laine, I'm so happy that she has grown!! And glad she is feeling better after the weekend! God answers prayers!!!
By the way...who is that handsome man in the navy polo in the picture with Rob singing? I mean, I can only see part of him, but from the looks of a shirt like that, he's GOT to be good-lookin'!!

Love ya!
Kelley

Cindy Jones said...

Praise the Lord for Candace's growth!!! I am crying tears of joy.... I love all the snow pictures and it looks like you had a lot of fun on the retreat. Maybe next year we will be able to join you.

Love ya,
Cindy

living4him5 said...

Laine,
I couldn't get through your post without tears of pure JOY!!!

Your prayers were heard and answered!! PRAISE JESUS!!

Grow Candace, GROW!!!

Love ya!
Amy

Mom to my China Posse said...

Singing His praises! Yes we all know its possible thru prayer but sometimes Doctors just don't get it. lol........... Have a great weekend!

Waitingfaithfully said...

There is a WAY, and HE made it happen! We praise you Lord for one centimeter!! It may only be a centimeter in the worlds eyes, but in our eyes (and especially Candace's sweet mama's eyes) it is waaaaaay more than that! YES! Do it again Lord, can we have two? Or three? You can make that doctor scratch her head anytime! :)

Rejoicing with you Laine!! He is ABLE!!

Blessings~

Tina

Loved the snowman pictures!!!

G and C said...

Oh Laine!
One whole centimeter!! I know that did your mommy heart bunches of good! Praising Him for His blessings!
Love,
Cheri

Buffi said...

Praise God!!! He is SO GOOD!!!

Dollar General said...

WHOO HOO HOO!!! That is so exciting and I can hear your voice saying, "I know the WAY..." I love it!! I rejoice with you!! REJOICE REJOICE REJOICE!! WHOO HOO!!

Ohilda said...

Laine,

I'm now catching up!!! WOOOHOOO!!! A centimeter is a mountain to us, but a smidgen to God. I am so happy!!!

I can't wait to see what the "G" thing is...ummm...grocery shopping? Gardening? Ummm...Glitter Art? heh!

Thank you so much for the prayers for our little man.

I love you!

O.

Green, Party of Five said...

God is so GOOD! What wonderful news. Candance you are just too precious little or big. We love you and just dont get to see you enough.
Blessings to all of you!
Connie

P.S. Who is taking her girls (and Austin and Jerry) to the BEACH!!!

Stefanie said...

WOOOHOOOO!!
So sorry I've been out of the 'loop' with you, my friend! But I am celebrating nonetheless with this most blessed news!!
YES, He IS THE WAY!! The ONLY Way :) :)
Jumping for you for you and your sweet girl!!!

Janet said...

Laine that is soooo awesome! Praise God for his answered prayers!!!!