Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rainbows amidst the rain!

What a wonderful, fun week we had in Orlando! I'll give a brief recap of our faves from the week. It was rainy everyday, we became best friends with our ponchos, and we also learned how to laugh and have fun despite pruned toes! ;)


After driving all night after the dance recitals, we made it to Orlando at 9:00 a.m. The kiddos look so rested...Rob and I? Not so much.




Recognize these cuties? Ohilda at deliveredfromheaven drove THREE hours to see us! We were SO blessed to spend the day with her and A.J., Kai, Anna Grace, and Amanda! We were going to have a pool day but instead we had a condo/playground in the rain day! The kiddos were fast friends and played so great together while Ohilda and I chatted away the day! It was heaven! What a blessing to meet sweet bloggy friends! THANK YOU OHILDA!!!!!!!! Your friendship is so precious to me! (Yes, I had to refrain from hiding A.J. in the bathroom when they left. That boy stole my heart--as did Kai and AG!)




Tuesday, our first park day. Animal Kingdom in the rain! Thank you Lord for ponchos! Clay was finally able to redeem himself on the Yeti roller coaster, Kylie didn't yak, we saw a baby elephant nursing it's momma...all in all a great, wet day!



Wednesday we went to Universal and as you can see from the above pic, this was Kimmie's fave! A dream come true...Dora! I was very impressed with Universal. There was plenty for the little ones to do. They only missed out on two rides because of their height, and push pops work miracles on little ones waiting in strollers. In the rain.



Thursday was our magical day in the Magic Kingdom! Kylie is an aspiring Ariel...she really could be Ariel. When she asked how to be Ariel, the Disney worker looked shocked and explained that there is only ONE Ariel. It amazes me how into the magic these people get. Shalita, I know you're loving that. It makes me laugh, really it does!

We had a break from the rain in the Magic Kingdom...it really must be a magical place! Actually, it began to pour just as the nightly parade was about to begin. We were leaving anyway before the parade...our last ride of the day was Thunder Mountain Railroad and it caused quite a thunderstorm in my belly. Not pretty.

I'm so thankful the Lord allowed us to enjoy a fabulous week together! The lines for the rides weren't long at all, the crowds were manageable; we'll take rain over wall to wall people anyday! The Lord kept us all healthy and happy...He provided above and beyond anything we could ask or imagine!

Like they say in Disney..."Celebrate Today!" That's a really great theme to have everyday of our life, isn't it?

18 comments:

living4him5 said...

LOVE, LOVE all the pics!!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

I love Disney, rain or shine...It's still a great time.

Can't wait to hear more!

Love ya!

Mama Hen said...

Okay, you have the BEST attitude ever! You are my new attitude hero!

Aunt Pearl said...

So glad you had a wonderful wet week - Orlando is nice, rain or shine! Love the pictures. Hope you can dig out of laundry long enough to enjoy a Memorial Day weekend! Love you all, Laura

amanda said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time. You haven't missed anything here except rain also. Tell Kylie go for the Ariel thing my cousin use to be Snow White @ Disney.

Amanda

Aimee said...

LOVE THE PICS!!! SO glad you are having so much fun!!!!

Memories are being made!!!

Aimee said...

LOVE THE PICS!!! SO glad you are having so much fun!!!!

Memories are being made!!!

Trace Car Driver said...

how fun... i'm so impressed with you posting the day after ya'll got back! i'm sure you are beyond exhausted!! :) looks and sounds like ya'll had a great trip- a friend of mine and her family went last week as well. she said the same thing about the rain and no lines for the rides!! sounds like you literally saw rainbows amidst the rain! glad ya'll made it home safe!!

Nicole said...

GREAT PICS! It looks like it was a great time! BRAVE momma! I will wait a couple more years before taking my troup there! Glad everything went well!
:-)
-Nicole

Tammy said...

Welcome Home! So glad you had a great time...in spite of the rain. I would pick rain over that heat any day!

BeachMomma said...

It looked like you had a wonderful time, even if it rained. Glad it was so much fun & I loved the pics.
Joscelyn

Buffi said...

OH Laine!! I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful time. It rained on us too while we were at Disney. But once you're wet...it really didn't matter! We love Universal the best too. Next time I think we'll take the kiddos there!! Glad to know they have things for the little ones. Last time we went...we didn't HAVE little ones! ;) How did Kimmie, Quan, and Candace like it!?!? Didn't it just bring tears to your eyes to watch the kids enjoy themselves? OH it does me!! I am THRILLED you guys got to take this special vacation. You guys deserve it!! Love ya!!
Buffi

Ohilda said...

LOVE the pictures!! Hope your drive home was a bit more restful than the drive there.

Hugs and talk to ya soon...

Ohilda

PS Tell Kylie we're praying for her!

Leighboe said...

Oooh,did y'all do the Shrek ride at Universal? That was one of my favorites! :) I just LOVE that place...and Islands of Adventure! :) Glad y'all had fun and the lines weren't too long.

Mom to my China Posse said...

Glad you guys are home safe and sound and that Disney was a huge sucess. We go in 73 days but whose counting. lol........

Dollar General said...

You didn't have to go all the way to Orlando to see a momma elephant nursing her baby...in about 7 weeks you can come over to my house...ha ha ha ha! Do you know I'm really cracking myself up with that!?!

I'm so happy y'all got to go and have fun and Kimmie met Dora...I hate that it rained - I wanted to know about the swimming pool/movie theater...Did that happen?

And you will be very proud of me...I took GREAT care of Shalita while you were away! BUT Don't ask me to do that again...(laughing again!!)

I love you Laine!

Keisha said...

Loving the Pictures! glad you all had a Great Time!

Amy said...

LAine,
Keith and I never imagined we could afford to take our kiddos to Disney and they believed it too, therefore never asked or begged to go. They knew it was just tooo expensive. But, this year, God has blessed us with an opportunity to go...his parents are taking our entire family to Orlando to stay in a big ol' house with game room and pool!! And we have an opportunity to go to Disney.!! The kids are just super excited...even at 14yrs old.So, will you send me any advice or tips to make a great trip even better and most economical for us??!! Thank you!!

Amy said...

July 18th! Any advice??? Thank you, thank you for your prayers! This has been a really, really hard time.