Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I changed my name today

Today I decided my name is not Candace anymore. I was looking through a picture album Mama put together for my Foster Mama in China. As I pointed to all my family, I named each brother and sister. When I got to the picture of myself, I decided that my name is not Candace, and I called myself....




Candie


Mama heard me and she asked me what my name is. I said "Candie". She asked me again and again. She even said "Are you Candace?" I looked at her like "duh" and said "NO! Candie!"
For some reason Mama is making this big deal out of it and when Daddy got home she made me tell him my new name. I mean, what's the big deal? I'm Candie! And heaven knows I'm sweet as candy anyway, might as well be called that, huh? ;) It's taken 8 months, but I'm comfortable with a nickname now. Who knows, I may change it to something else totally different tomorrow. Now that I see how much Mama likes it that I changed my name, I might make it a habit! (Lord help us all....please no!)

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Laine, QUICK nickname story! Kiah's name is Kiah Faith Mackenzie. When she came home in Oct 2005, Jake thought her name was Kiah FACE Mackenzie. I corrected him gently and told him her full name again. He nodded his head and walked away. The next day he starts calling her Kiah FAKE Mackenzie. GOODNESS! For some reason.. that STUCK! Her nickname is.... FAKEY!!! OH MY!!! I called her that all the time INCLUDING today when I picked her up from school. So, you got it good with "Candie"! ;-)
HUGS,
-Nicole

living4him5 said...

Oh precious!! Oh my goodness...She is just too cute!!!

Buffi said...

I think it's CUTE!!!! LOVE that picture of Candi!!! :)

Buffi said...

Laine...by the way...Mark just found out yesterday that his company may be sending him on a business trip to Washington DC the week we were supposed to be having our 2 year reunion. UGH. If he has to go though...we're just going to take a family vacation to DC with him. I will let you know as soon as we find out. I definitely want us all to be able to get together sometime!!! I'll keep you posted!

Keisha said...

LOL!! I love it!

Desiree' said...

too cute!! Kind of fits her ya know..

Trace Car Driver said...

i remember when ya'll were trying to decide on her name... and it seems like "candie" was a front runner... candie lou maybe? :) she must agree. love it.

Sherri said...

Very cute! And yes, I also remember Candie being one of the possible names.

Funny how things have a way of working out, isn't it?

Aunt Pearl said...

Of course, she wants to be Candie! She's with KimmIE, KatIE, CarlIE, ColbY, KylIE. Next, we'll have to add ClayEY, and QuanEY. Too sweet!

The St. John family said...

Candie... perfect name for such a sweet little girl!!! Love the picture!

Amy said...

I LOVE that pic of her! She is so beautiful.