Saturday, July 18, 2009

But before I spill the details...

I couldn't go another day without sharing a few firsts we've experienced in the last few weeks!


First time that my best friend turned 40!



First time "Flo" ever did went to one a 'dem pardeez....




First time the birthday girl sang a solo in church, in front of 96 people, no less!
(Let's hope it's the last!)




First time Miss Holly realized Kimmie talks a LOT.






First time we went to a local splash pad--definitely won't be the last time!
Check out Kimmie's leg popped like she is taking dance pictures for recital! Mercy!



First time in six years that our boys did NOT sign up for fall soccer. The golf bug has hit them hard. Also the flag football bug.




First time for Candie to attend a REAL dance class! Mrs. Shalita and Miss Casey both said "She never stopped smiling!"




First time for Katie Lyn to sew a bathrobe, no pattern, no copying, just straight from her heart, to her mind, to her hands, to Candie! (She felt sorry for Candie because everyone had a bathrobe but her...) I think she did an amazing job...even down to the pink bows and lace!


I don't have a picture of this (b/c I don't want to post a picture without the consent of all involved!) but we experienced the first time of watching Kylie's Mom & Dad, Ann & Tom, make tilapia in our very own kitchen. It was the most gourmet, delicious thing we've ever put in our mouths! (Thank you SO MUCH, Tom & Ann...for making the evening go so smooth and for feeding us and serving us...we are eternally grateful!) And ANOTHER first...we had five of the most precious ladies in our home to share in the tilapia, but most important to share our hearts in the spirit of adoption! You know who you are...and you blessed us beyond measure!

14 comments:

Shalita said...

WOW! Such great and fun firsts! Let me just assure you though, this 40 year old will sing in church again and it WILL be LOUD and PROUD! As Ella Kate would say: "HALLELUJAH!"
I LOVE YOU!!!

Joscelyn said...

Maybe Shalita needs to join the choir (come on Shalita we have SO much fun!)
What a fun post of first. You all are always on the move & I love reading them.
Have a great week :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a nice person you are to ask people's permission before plopping a picture on your blog.....I must not exhibit that much Southern hospitality!! LOL

These are wonderful pictures and wonderful memories aren't they? I DO love how she popped that knee out;)

And that smile on little Candie's face is just priceless. I also realized I must be that little Kimmie in person....would could talk each other's ears off!!!!

Desiree' said...

Sweet!!
I can not believe how much Candie has changed!! What a doll. The bathrobe is adorable.

Trace Car Driver said...

lovin flo :) great pics... and i can't wait to hear more details! YAY. so happy for you laine and the ferrill soon to be party of 10 (or maybe more? please tell!!) WOW!!

Mama Hen said...

Can't wait to hear the details. And I want Flo to come to one of my parties!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I love catching up on all you have been up to:) What fun you all have.:):)
What sweet children you have... So darling. Each little special thing about them that you share, and their smiles show their beautiful hearts. I would listen to Kimmie all day;)
Happy birthday Shalita!:)

and thank you for praying for the Byrd's! I love them so much and am so excited about their upcoming journey. That little Lottie and Emma are just the absolute sweetest! You would LOVE them:)

ethel said...

Glad I could be there for at leawst a couple of those 1sts. Let's see, the BIG 40, Flo's debut and that solo, It might have been better tho if it had be so low we couldn't hear. Shalita, I am sure Gary can find it in his budget to pay you to STAY OUT of the choir, they pay me. Katie Lyn,I am so proud of you. What a great job you did on that bathrobe and so thoughtful too. You are THE BEST BIGGEST SISTER EVER!!!!!!!!! Candie does have a beautiful smile!!!! And I think Kimmie is going to be quite the DIVA!!! Love you all. See you soon. Ethel

Linda said...

I think I'm jealous of you, Laine! Do southern women really have more fun, or do YOU just have more fun than the average gal?! Everything you do looks SOOO fun, and your kids are always smiling! We're in the process of replacing the back fence - now doesn't that sound like killer fun?!!!

living4him5 said...

I love all the pictures! I can't wait to see baby #8!!!

love ya!

Buffi said...

hey....looks like a bunch of great firsts!!!

Have you heard from anyone about this weekend?

We are trying to work out details. We still may go somewhere. We've been trying to book a place at the beach and then come up on Saturday. It's not looking so great though. I hate to tell you we're coming before I know for sure.

Anyway...let me know if you have heard from anyone else. also...if we do come...where in the WORLD do we stay when we visit Trussville?!? I've looked but not found too much. Your tips here would be greatly appreciated!

Love ya! Maybe it will work out!! I'll talk to you soon. Can't wait to get the details on your new adoption!
Love ya,
Buffi
p.s. sorry I'm having to comment on your blog. I don't have your email on this computer.

Tanya H. said...

I love all the firsts! I love all the pictures and always seeing each of your children's personalities coming through in each one. Oh, and all those beautiful smiles! Kimmie's knee pop is priceless! That's a true dancer! :)

smallseven said...

I love how Shalita celebrated the big 40 with a sweet potato baby in her arms!

Keisha said...

WOW!! I love all the first!!!

Katie Lyn.. her precious heart and sweet spirit.. so sweet!! Made me cry!!!