Thursday, July 2, 2009

Child Sponsorship

Did you know that you can help a child receive the medical care and food and clothing he/she needs just for 35.00 a month? WOW! That is a small price to pay for a child who has no forever mommy and daddy to buy him diapers, formula, baby bath, baby lotion...things we take for granted that we just go to Walmart and pick up "real quick". Or for an older child who needs a doctor visit, a school book or uniform...not to mention nutritious food.
Maybe you know someone who has a birthday coming up and you're wondering what in the world to give. I come across that dilemma all the time. Especially for those loved ones who seem to have everything they need. Why not give a child sponsorship to that loved one? I bet they will be so blessed knowing that a child is being given love and care on their behalf.
Where do you begin? I'm so glad you asked! Two of my favorites are

New Day Foster Home---very close to my heart ;)

Philip Hayden Foundation

There are so many others, so do some research if you feel called, and I know if this is something your family chooses to do, you will be very blessed indeed! We get periodic updates on our kiddos and it is so neat to see their progress.

I also would like to say thank you to so many of you who I know already sponsor children...it is possible to change the world "one little heartbeat at a time!"

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I totally agree. The children we sponsor we are able to see when we go to Nicaragua for mission trips. Hubby gets to see them 3-5 times a year, and several of our children have met them and spent the week with them at their orphanage. It is also a blessing to see the resources being used properly.

Keisha said...

You are SO right Lanie!
I love your heart for these children!!! You are their Voice!!
I love you girl!
Happy 4th!

Mike and Barb said...

Thanks for reminding me to renew my sponsorship I have for one of Nina's Loudi brothers!
Love, Barb

MichelleQ said...

This is something we've been wanting to do for a LONG time. We just keep changing our minds about the "where". My heart says India/Middle East. Of course, Brooke says Africa!