Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nashville, in no certain order!
















Kylie and I took the kiddos to Nashville for a night while Rob was out of town. Sweet friends, the Oatsvalls, were blessed to have the Christian band Point of Grace perform a benefit concert to raise money for their adoption of their two children from Uganda, Abigail and Joseph! If you remember, Gwen is my sweet friend who makes all the awesome adoption t-shirts and sells the Ugandan magazine bead necklaces--I have a linkie-doodle on my sidebar!
The concert was amazing; we felt the sweet presence of the Lord the minute we walked into the church!
It was so fun to meet up with adoption buddies...Amie, Stefanie, Erica, Gwen...and so many new friends we met, too! It was so neat to meet "Katie", age 20, mom to 13 girls in Uganda. We have been following her journey here and praying for her and it was awesome to meet her in person! To have so many people in the same place with the same heart for orphans was a slice of Heaven! Not to mention, to be around so many adopted children from all nations...now THAT really was a slice of Heaven!
The next day we leisurely played around Nashville, visiting Gigi's Cupcakes...another slice of Heaven! And also letting the big boys see where the Titans play...all in all, it was a very fun and relaxing-albeit-short, getaway! And isn't it true...everything IS better with icing on it! (The sign in the bathroom at Gigi's)

7 comments:

Desiree' said...

Ooooh sounds like so much fun!! And you are brave taking all the kids by yourself, although I porbably would have done the same ; )

Mike and Barb said...

What a fun-packed day!!
I cracked up over your blog comment, and all I can say, my dear friend: Look at all the cool people YOU got to meet :-)))
I jut had to check out Katie's website - what an incredible ministry! Thanks for pointing me that way!!!
Love, Barb

The Byrd's Nest said...

I thought I recognized Gwen and Amie! What a very special day with very special people. And the desserts you ate look very yummy!

Steve and Jan said...

Oh! What fun! You guys are always doing such fun and exciting things...Makes me feel like we are living under a big rock...missing out on lots of fun stuff. I think we need to "crawl out" more often :-)

Love you guys!!

Jan

Keisha said...

Sounds like fun! I bet those cupcakes were YUMMY!!!
Glad you had a Great Trip!

Buffi said...

wow...looks like you guys had a great time!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Hey...have you heard from anyone regarding the 24th and 25th? Let me know. We are still up in the air...but we wanted to hear from you guys too.

hope you have a great day.
Love & miss you!!
Buffi

Leighboe said...

Oh my gosh, you got to meet Katie?! Isn't she the most remarkable girl?! I wish I'd known she was in Nashville; I have a really good friend there who follows her blog closely and would've LOVED to meet her!