Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Okay, it really wasn't a galaxy far away. It was my recliner where I have my quiet time in the mornings. I love sitting with my cup of coffee before the kiddos wake up (unless I oversleep) and spending time with Jesus. It is my FAVORITE part of my day!

Journal excerpts:

Thanksgiving Day 2008
Father, last night Rob in looking at the Santa picture said "See, there's room for 2 more!" Then Carlie looking at a pic of us on the computer said, "Somebody's missing. Don't you want to adopt again?" Me:"Honey, I don't think God's told us that yet" Carlie:"Ya scared?"
Then at devotion Rob looked at the stockings and said "We could fit more up there!" Lord--it must be a whim. God, if you choose to bring more children into our family, I will praise you. Thank you! But it has to be YOUR idea. YOUR will.


December 9, 2008
Lord, do you want us to adopt again?

January 7, 2009
Lord, do you want us to adopt again? Tell us how to continue to help those millions of orphans who are left behind.

January 15, 2009
Lord, please let your will be clear about adopting again.

January 16, 2009
My idle mind is running amuck thinking about adopting again and "Kevin". And what am I thinking adding another child? God, thank you for the 7 children you've blessed me with--I make so many mistakes and fail you so many times.

January 17, 2009
Oswald Chambers: "When I receive His nature and hear his call, His divine voice resounds throughout His nature and mine and the two become one in service...service is the overflow which pours from a life filled with love and devotion."


January 19, 2009
Oswald Chambers: "When God gives you a vision and darkness follows, wait. God will bring the vision He has given you to reality in your life if you will wait on his timing. Never try to help God fulfill His word."

January 23
Lord, yesterday Rob approved an email to send asking about Kevin. Guide us please.

January 24
I really don't expect they'll let us look at Kevin's file--I really am not sure why we inquired. So God if Kevin is ours--then show us--show them--open the doors. If not, close those doors shut! Thank you!

January 25
Joshua 21:45 "Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; everyone was fulfilled." God when you do things, you come through just as you had sworn. Your faithfulness stretches to the skies.
Oswald Chambers: "We plan and figure and predict that this or that will happen, but we forget to make room for God to come in as He chooses...expect Him to come, but not in a certain way. Keep your life so constantly in touch with God that His surprising power can break through at any point. Live in a constant state of expectancy, and leave room for God to come in as He decides." Yes, Lord-yes Lord! It is not my way but yours. Maybe they will say yes, maybe they will say no, either way it is you. You are sovereign. If you want Kevin in our family, he will be. If not, you'll show us what you want us to do. So Lord as we wait on what they will say, I don' t wait anxiously. Honestly, I'll be surprised if they say yes, but I know you are in control. I love you Father!



I'll pick back up on the next part of the story later...I don't want to be putting anybody to sleep! I am so thankful the Lord prompts me to write to Him. I love looking back at what was going on in my life. I found a journal from 2002 where I was praying about my need to always match my children's outfits. ;) Boy He solved that problem! I guess He figured He'd give me a gaggle of children so that I'd be too busy to worry over matching outfits! ;) (Okay, okay...I do still love to match their shirts. But I don't feel like it has to be everyday. See? Progress! ;)

Next time I'll continue on with the journey to Kevin...did they say yes? The answer is not what you think......




10 comments:

smallseven said...

Laine, I can't wait to hear the rest! YOu had me on the edge of my seat! It encouraged me so much! I know GOd's got things in store for our family as well, but it's SO hard to wait on God's timing. THanks for the encouragement!

Aaron and Erica said...

Keep going please... :) I love it!

Keri Mason said...

Please hurry with the rest...I LOVE it! Can I just say Kevin looks like a Ferrill? I'm serious...it's the eyes...he looks like Candace to me. Is that weird?

The Byrd's Nest said...

Well you're not putting me to sleep....I am ready for the rest! Actually, I am ready for sweet Kevin to come home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love hearing how God prepared your heart for this sweet child.

familyof8 said...

Okay your journaling is convicting me to pull out the old journals and get working on some new ones. We need to see the Hand of God up close to really feel sense His presence. Thank you for being faithful!!

Love,
Christine

Karin said...

More, more....I want to hear the rest! :) Your story sounds so much like ours--except it was me saying we had room for more, and my hubby thinking, 'really?' :)

Kevin has the sweetest face!! I can't wait until he's in your arms!

ethel said...

It's just not nice to keep people in suspense. When are you going to give us the "rest of the story". Believe me, I never get bored or sleepy reading what you have to say. As a matter of fact, while reading this latest update, I kept saying to myself, why doesn't Laine sit down and write a book. So many people would benefit from what you have to say. And you are so right, God is in complete control. We love you. Ethel

KCCCKQC's DAD said...

Keep it up Ethel! I keep telling her that also...

Aaron and Erica said...

Oohhh...I love it when Rob gets on the blog and starts commenting :) A book? What a fabulous idea!

mommyofmany said...

It's always exciting to see God at work. Looking forward to the rest of the story...