Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Part Two: Journal Journey

There's nothing like sweet comments to motivate me to go ahead and get this God story ordered and written! Thank you sweetums!

January 27
We still haven't heard. I know you are working, Lord. I trust you. Please give me the words to say in response to whatever their decision may be. Joshua 23:3b: Lord fight for us according to your will--if you are for us, who can be against us? Be big God. In
Joshua 23 I am told to be strong (v.6), do not turn aside to the right or left (v.6), hold fast (v.8), be very careful to love you (vs.11). Oh Lord help me do all these things for your name's sake!

January 29
Help me overcome my unbelief! Lord I confess that I am anxiously waiting yet at the same time dreading the call. At least I know that ultimately, the answer is from you. And if you are for me, who can be against me, right? And if the answer is no, give me the grace to accept it Lord. Thank you!
Hosea 6:3 "Let us acknowledge the Lord, let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."

January 30
God, if another child is not your will, close the doors & take the desire away. Show us your will, how you want us to help orphans. I would love another baby boy, but I want more your will. However you decide, however you provide, just give us wisdom. Quiet my noisy heart and speak to me.

February 2
We still don't know anything. Father, you know we would love to add another little one to your fold. So we trust you to work out the details. Please remember us Lord--we're imperfect, needy, dumb at times--but we're your children. Please remember us.
Judges 5:31 "But may they who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength"
Oswald Chambers: "God makes us as broken bread and poured out wine to please Himself...Beware of competing calls once the call of God grips you."
Judges 6:14 "Go in the strength you have...Am I not sending you?"

February 6
Yesterday I emailed Penelope (name changed) and told her about being interested in Kevin. Turns out she knew more details about him and had been trying to find him a family! I know this is you! Lord, his heart condition is pretty severe. I have never heard of organs being on the flip side of the body where they normally are. Oh God. I don't know your plan--but I know you have one! God, just open doors, close doors, direct our steps. We are yours.

February 12
Lord this morning I'm supposed to call and get the verdict. How comforting that you already know it. So please give me the words and the grace for this call Lord. Thank you!

February 13
Thank you for a great conversation! It was very encouraging--they want us to wait until we do our six mos. post placement with Candace and then will review again. That's only two more months and God if you're okay with that then I am too. But Kevin? Oh Lord how sick is he? You see him. Lord help him. Oh God I don't know how but please just work out the details of the doctors and papers--if he is ours please save him for us and move on our behalf. Whoever you have for us Lord, direct us. I am really at peace about it--but I want to make sure we're taking the right steps at the right time.

(At this point we were told Kevin had several families interested in him and we were at peace knowing that he would have a family. In part three I will continue with the twists and turns of this road called adoption! I'm glad yall are along for the ride!)

11 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh I love this! Love Love Love this! I can't wait for Part 3! I've never even thought of keeping a journal of my prayer time. I guess I'm going to need a really BIG book....seems like I'm praying All.The.Time! :)

Love you,
Monica

Ashley said...

You should write a book! I love reading your journey to Kevin and seeing God work through the situation. I can't wait for the next part.

connie said...

I love a good "God story!" You already have a book, my friend - just get those journals published!
Love you!!!

Tina said...

I love your journal idea..I love how God speaks to us through his word! He is so sovereign!
Can't wait for part 3!!

Lv ya!

Journey to Lilly! said...

oh Laine, what a great idea! You have inspired me to keep a journal of the events leading to the starting of the orphanage...We have decided to name it "Camp Lilly" with the words...."....a place where he's the Lilly of a childs valley..." or something like that...underneath it. If you have any ideas..please let me know.

You guys are totally amazing! I love you & am so thankful our lives have crossed paths!

living4him5 said...

I LOVE reading how the Lord handed you sweet Kevin. SO many of the scriptures are the same I read as I WAITED and WAITED to hear about our Madelyn. YOU were right there with me, praying and lifting me up. I will never forget that Sunday evening when I opened your email and there she was looking back at me. I love ya so much and will be forever grateful for everything you did for me!!!

Now...FINISH the story, I'm on pins and needles here!! LOL!

Hugs and love.

Stefanie said...

Oooooh, how I have MISSED you... and checking in on you and all your precious babies!!
And what a blessing to me to read how He has been leading your family where HE wants you to be, you inspire me :)
Can't wait to read more about how He is at work in the Ferrill house!!

CK said...

Reading your story is just what I needed tonight! Thank you for encouraging me yet again! Can't wait to read the rest!

Desiree' said...

Can't wait to hear the next part. We too have had many twists and turns in our current adoption journey. As long as you are doing God's will everything will be ok.

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Green, Party of Five said...

Ok...Im ready for Part 3. I just love hearing about God's plans.
Love you my friend! Cant wait for Part 3 tomorrow (hint hint).

Blessings!
Connie

The Byrd's Nest said...

I agree with Monica....how very special to share your prayer journal and private conversations with our Father. He has shown you His amazing love and you are His faithful daughter!