Monday, August 3, 2009

Trying to do better!

Hey sweet friends! We haven't fallen off the face of the earth; we've just fallen down on the job of keeping the blog updated! I've been checking in on all of you and sometimes I've commented, sometimes not...but please know I am keeping up with you, my sweet friends...even if I don't leave a comment! I am going to try to do better with updates, etc. I will try to post at least a tid-bit a day of life to catch up on our family fun...so here is today's tid-bit:




I could post about our travel group reunion and how much fun we had visiting with the Youngs, Pintaros and the Downings (we missed you Masons and Hands!).

I could post about our week at camp and how way TOO much fun we had with camp pranks and such.
I could post many details of our next adoption.

But today I would like to post about Cindy, the mom of 10 children who we fasted for last week. She is with our Savior in Heaven now.

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord...

In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name




11 comments:

Desiree' said...

Amen Sister!!

Linda said...

This song means a lot to me. We heard it shortly before Ben's death, and to this day, my husband cannot sing it in church without tearing up. The words have a lot of meaning, don't they? Cindy's family will be in my prayers - they have a rough road ahead, and her poor husband must shoulder so much responsiblity.

Dollar General said...

I love that song! It's on a kids CD we have and I just found it and we've been listening to it in the car and when it came on it brings tears to my eyes! May I always be able to say BLESSED BE HIS NAME...even when it hurts really really bad!

Aaron and Erica said...

I've been following this family's blog for a little while now and my heart just aches for them now as they mourn the loss of their mom and wife. Thank you for the reminder to praise and bless His Name even when it hurts.

I miss you Laine :(

The Byrd's Nest said...

oh no...I didn't realize she had gone to be our Father. I feel so disconnected....I was just praying for a miracle not 20 minutes ago in my quiet time. Sigh. I know the Lord will equip her husband and her family and friends around her.

Green, Party of Five said...

What an awesome lady she was. Their family will be in our prayers. The love she had for our Jesus was amazing!

Miss you Laine......love to hear details on what stages we are at and what prayer request you need.

Love you!

Green, Party of Five said...

What an awesome lady she was. Their family will be in our prayers. The love she had for our Jesus was amazing!

Miss you Laine......love to hear details on what stages we are at and what prayer request you need.

Love you!

Buffi said...

awe...I'm so sorry Laine. Remember Stephanie I asked you to pray for? She also passed away this last week. At 31 years of age...wow. Thank you for praying for her though.

We had a great time with you guys. Thanks for letting us hang out. BTW....could you email me the chicken crossaint recipe you were telling me about? I have been wanting to make it but couldn't remember anything but chicken and cream cheese.

Better go. Love and miss you guys!!! Have a great week.
Buffi
p.s. Tell Katie Lynn I've contacted the American Red Cross and they are coming to our church to do a Babysitter's bootcamp! :) I was inspired!!!

Journey to Lilly! said...

I love this song too. My heart aches for this precious family. Lv u guys & had a great time with you at the reunion :)

Ohilda said...

Oh my!! I've had this song on my blog for days now and every time the darkness closes in, I stop myself and say, "Blessed Be His Glorious Name!" I feel so much better afterwards.

smallseven said...

I'll be praying for this precious family! God's got a plan!