Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Secrets...




...of a one hundred year old man.

His secret to living so long?
"Contentment" That's what his daughter in law said about him. She said she had NEVER seen him angry. NOT ONCE.

She also told me he said "...always go to bed at the same time every night, get the same number of hours of sleep every night, eat your meals at the same time every day, and eat lots of MEAT." She said he always ate LOTS of protein.

Then she told me he always said to balance work, play, and worship.

I don't know about yall, but right about now I'm thinking I may not make it to forty. As a matter of fact, as soon as we got in the car to head home (we met this fine gentleman at the pumpkin patch), Colby said the words every mother loathes to hear...

"I think I stepped in dog poop."

It was at that moment I looked at Katie Lyn and declared I would definitely not make it to 100.

Oh well. We had a cotton pickin' good time anyway!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

Just LOOK at that beautiful family :) Love hearing all the secrets of staying healthy in your old age, I'm good on the 'meat' part of it, but not much else ;)

Tina said...

Is the Pumpkin Patch that you saw my friend Misty at? She told me all about it!! lol. Glad you all had fun!!! I wish we would have been there just to hang out with you all!

Desiree' said...

Great family pic!! BTW, there are days when I don't think I will make it to 40 either but you know what...I wouldn't tradde a day of it away!!!

Ashley said...

Precious picture!
I do not think I will make it either - I wish I had the sleep tip down.

Dollar General said...

That's a very neat story! I'm out of the running too! Heaven is better though...so it's ok to be out!

Amy said...

Thanks for the laugh! I needed one. It has been one of those days that will not end. You are right about the words a mother loathes. I ahte to get in the car and suspect it because of the faint smell. By then it is usually ground into the carpet and no way to clean it up so you ride with the windows down...mmm, nice.
My Dad's aunt just passed away this week and she was 98! She was such a sweet lady and there were nothing but sweet things said about it at the service.

The Byrd's Nest said...

lol.......those are great tips! You will live a long and healthy life my sweet friend...you have to much to give to Gods precious children.

P.S. There is a high possibility each day here in Costa Rica that you would step in the blessing of a local dog.....gotta love it;)