Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rockathon Part II --- the decorating


You may be wondering why I'm able to spend so much time on a Saturday afternoon telling you all about the Rockathon. Believe it or not, I've got ten children at my house right now! My 3 nieces are spending the weekend with us, and they are all enjoying each other so much! They just got finished setting up the "Aloha Cafe" on my back porch, complete with Elvis music. The three older girls, Katie Lyn (13), Gretchen (13), and Connie (13) were the waitresses. They made up menus, and each one took charge of a table of kids. I'm not sure what all was consumed at the Aloha Cafe, but I do know that one patron complained of a tummy ache afterwards! ;)

Anyway, back to the details!

The decorating for the Rockathon was so fun! The kiddos and I all pitched in to unload the car and begin setting things up... since they have been anticipating this evening, they were all EAGER to help! Our Youth Praise Center is a large room, so we filled the sides of it with the cuties at New Day. Tanya, can you spot your sweet Khloe? ;) I bet our other fellow New Day parents can spot their cuties too!



The rocking chairs are ready, we just need some rockers!!!!!


Okay, we confess....we HAD to try them out before everyone arrived! ;)



1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

Oh yes I can spot my little Sweetie on there...along with many other precious NewDay Cuties! Thank you for having her sweet face up amongst your decorations during this special mission!

I have SO enjoyed catching up on your blog this evening and learning of the great success and all of the wonderful and amazing people who dedicated their time, talents and finances to raise money for such a wonderful cause! May God richly bless each and every one of them for being good stewards for the least of these!!

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya