Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rockathon Part V-- It's all YOU Lord!

You may want to stop right now and go to Part I if you haven't ready it in sequence already. Just a suggestion!

Nearing the end of the night, we announced the winners of the door prizes. I was in awe of how much these rockers raised! All by themselves! Every one who rocked, whether they are 4 or 44, raised money....they asked for sponsors, they kept their commitment to rock, and they did so with incredible joy! What a blessing. Thank you ALL! Thank you for those who prayed over this, thank you sponsors, thank you rockers, thank you to those who helped set up and clean up! I pray you are all blessed beyond measure and the Lord will return it to you one hundred fold!

The grand prize was donated by an antique store here in Springville. A beautiful, old, solid, sturdy....ROCKING CHAIR!!!!!! (how I wish I had taken a picture of it! Shalita, send me one!) Congratulations Clark family on raising the most donations, and we hope you enjoy many years of rocking! And one day, you will be rocking your adopted baby in that chair! How cool is that! ;) (they don't know it yet, but I'm convinced they will adopt some day! )

Now, are you ready for this? Our God allowed our little Rockathon to raise over THREE THOUSAND dollars for New Day South!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so thankful God's people stepped up and gave, but also we're thankful that more people are becoming on fire for helping orphans! Thank you all again!

And now I'll leave you with a few pics of the end of the evening. What happens at the Rockathon stays at the Rockathon! ;) Suffice it to say, we all got a little crazy with the strobe lights! (ooops...was I supposed to tell that?) ;)


Rockathon? Or Dance-athon? Oooohhhh...a dance-athon...now THAT would be fun, too! Hmmmm...my wheels are turning! ;)

15 comments:

jhand said...

Congrats on such a great night of rockin for the orphans!!

Julie

familyof8 said...

So thankful that God was glorified by your night of rocking. We prayed for you this week, and for the orphans you will touch.

Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving and let's get caught up soon.

Missing all of the Ferrill's!!!

The Fahys

MichelleQ said...

Awesome!!! I wished we could have been there! We miss ya'll!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Ferrill Family....you ROCK!!!! Looks like a wonderful night!

Love ya,
Monica

ethel said...

We had soooo much fun Friday night. What a Blessing to New Day. This couldn't not have happened without your dedication to this project. How Blessed they will be with all those rockers and the money to go toward their new facility. I was so glad we were able to be a part of this event. Let's do it again. Love y'all.
Ethel

DeEtte said...

What fun! And praise God for all that raised for those New Day sweet babies!! Sounds like a great night!!

Keri Mason said...

I'm in tears, Laine. I'm so thankful it went so well. You are so precious...I miss you! Hug your kids for me, okay?

Mama Hen said...

That is awesome Laine!

Trace Car Driver said...

so i went back as you suggested and started reading at the first post! i was gone all weekend so i had some catching up to do! PRAISE THE LORD things went so well at the rock-a-thon! god is good! looks like ya'll had a ton of fun!

Mike and Barb said...

Wow, my stomach is all queasy from all that rockin'!!! I'm so not a rocker, as it truly makes me sick *sigh*.
Laine, you're such a treasure, and I just love you to pieces, even in the virtual world!!
What a god-honoring, orphan-blessing event!!
Much love, Barb

Amy said...

awesome!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Okay...WOW...WOW...WOW...I just caught up on all of your posts! Oh my how God blessed all of your efforts my sweet friend. So many will be touched by this precious miracle.

Stefanie said...

AMAZING!! Truly GOD-sized, Laine!!!
Praising Him for showing up at your Rockathon... all for the little ones at New Day!!
ROCK ON, Big Guy!!!!!!!!!!
Great job, Laine and family, I know you're makin' Him smile big :)

Tammy said...

Amazing!! Congratulations to all of you!

Mrs. Hindman said...

Praise the Lord! What a fabulous night. Thanks for sharing all the details and pictures. God ROCKS! -I used to have a t-shirt that said that :)