Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas to YOU!

He had been anticipating this moment for weeks. While standing at the rope, waiting to see Santa, you would've thought Quan had jumping beans in his boxers. The boy could not contain his excitement. Finally, the moment arrived... and he clammed up. He could not even look at Santa, much less tell him that he wanted to be the proud new owner of a remote control race car. Bless his heart. He searched around until he saw my face. He scrunched up his nose and yelled, "Mom, what did I say I wanted?"


Katie Lyn did not like one bit that Santa had to look UP to her! We haven't had a crying child on Santa's lap in a long time...until now. Katie Lyn was so sweet she made herself cry by asking Santa to bring Kevin home from China. Santa said he would pray! (Katie Lyn gets that from me...the part about being so sweet she makes herself cry...I do that all the time! ;)


I think Santa is amazed that there is so much fiesty-ness wrapped up in this little tiny-mite!

Santa is wondering just how he's going to get that "remote control airplane that won't break" easily down the chimney.

Santa asked Clay if he liked the Barbie he brought for him last year. Santa likes to make sure the kiddos are really listening to him! He keeps them on their toes!


He pretends to be telling Carlie something, but really I know Santa just wants to wrap one of her beautiful red curls around that white gloved finger!

Santa is in love.


Our hearts overflow with love for you ALL! We truly pray your Christmas is full of blessings---here and in the Heavenlies!

15 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am in love with all of them....who couldn't be in love with those faces? Blessed my friend....that is what you are....truly...utterly....hopelessly blessed. I love you and have an amazing Christmas with your beautiful family!
P.S. What an awesome looking Santa!!!

TanyaLea said...

What a great-looking Santa...not the scary ones you sometimes see. Something about him makes ME want to sit on his lap! ;) And oh what a sweet wish you daughter gave to Santa for Kevin to come home...put a big 'ol lump in my throat!! I think it's AWESOME that he actually said he will pray! That's the way Santa should be!!!

Merry Christmas to all of the Ferrill family! Can't wait to see sweet Kevin in your arms!

Love and Hugs to all of you,
~ Tanya

Rebekah said...

Merry Christmas, Laine! Miss you guys!

Mama Hen said...

What beautiful children! Merry Christmas to your family!

Mrs. Hindman said...

I cry EVERY TIME I open your blog. These pictures are precious!! Can't wait to see Kevin sitting on Santa's lap next year!!

mommy24treasures said...

oh each one is so precious. I love them all too, such sweetness...And when Did Katie Lyn grow up???
Merry Christmas Laine...

Ladyblog said...

Cute pictures!
Merry Christmas!!!

Aimee said...

Merry Christmas to your precious family!!

Mike and Barb said...

Merry Christmas to you, my favorite Ferrill's!!
Love, Barb

ethel said...

What beautiful memories you will have of each of your children sitting on Santa's lap.

It is the Season of Miracles, Maybe Katie Lyn's wish will come true. We also pray for that.

Have a most Wonderful Christmas. My love to all.

Ethel

Green, Party of Five said...

Merry Christmas to one of my favorite families and next year I cant wait to see one cute little boy tell Santa that his wish has already been granted (a family).

We love you guys and cant wait to follow your journey back to China. One year ago today, we were celebrating Jesus with Lia Faith in China. God is so Good!

living4him5 said...

Merry Christmas!!

Love ya!

Stefanie said...

Oh YES, each and every one of your babies it totally LOVABLE :)
Merry Christmas from our house to yours... sent with LOTS of LOVE!!

Aunt Pearl said...

Merry Christmas to the Ferrill Bunch! Love the pictures, love the post, hope Santa was able to deliver almost all of the Christmas wishes. Kevin will definitely be wearing Crimson when he gets here! We're trying to get the condo ready for your Happy New Year! New icicle lights on the balcony - call me with anything else! Love you all! Laura

Dollar General said...

That is TOO cute and I know you put that in there about "being so sweet you make yourself cry" in there for me - just to see if I was reading! I loved it!!