Saturday, December 12, 2009

So when will we travel?

Thanks for rejoicing with us on our speedy arrival of the LOA!

What is an LOA? That is China's official letter stating we have officially been matched with Kevin and we have to sign it saying we officially accept the match and then officially send it to the next bus-stop. That's the official word.

Huh? So what's the next "bus-stop"? That's our friendly immigration services again. Yes, we've already been to that bus-stop but now we get to go back. They're known as "NBC". Not the network. They will issue an I-800 approval notice. It will go to the next bus-stop.
Which is the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China. They will sign something or other called an "Article 5" and then send that to the CCAA (the Chinese adoption authorities in Beijing) who will then issue our TA (Travel Approval). I think everything in life should have acronyms like the adoption world, don't yall?

So...when will you travel? Hmmmm...well all those bus-stops will take a while. Add in Christmas holidays and Chinese New Year in February...there's really no way to guess when we might travel. I've asked God about that, but He's put me on a "need to know" basis and I'm fine with that! ;)

Who's going this time? Again, we've asked the Lord for guidance there. So far, we figure it's not something we NTK right now. (that's my new acronym for "need to know"....like it? It's probably already being widely used in texting and facebook, but since I am the Wilma Flintstone of technology, I wouldn't know that.)

Seriously, we covet your prayers for our upcoming journey. Not just the trip, but everything afterwards also...Kevin's surgery once he gets home and all that entails. I've got so many things swimming in my head about this adoption...but that's a whole 'nother post. So for now, I focus on what's in front of me:

...and what's in front of me makes me smile big!

14 comments:

MichelleQ said...

it's hard not to when they're smiling so big right back at 'ya! Much love and prayers for you guys!

Heather said...

yippee!!!! What beautiful news. I will be praying for His guidance in your decisions and of course for that TA!!!

Keri Mason said...

Good grief...was it really necessary for them to add all those steps since we traveled in 2007?? I am so happy for you all!!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh My!! Those sweet faces make me smile big, too!

Love you,
~M

living4him5 said...

WHAT??? We have to go through NBC twice??? Didn't know it...still trying to leave the first "bus stop" with them....UGH!

On to better things...I will be lifting everyone in prayer and for a speedy TA.

OK, how cute is Candy in those boots?!?!?! All your babies are ust precious!

Love you!
Amy

Trace Car Driver said...

those kids are amazingly adorable!! love the blend of dark haired beauties among the light skinned and freckled faced cuties! laine you are surely blessed! praying HE tells you what you need to know when you need to know it!

can't wait to hear more!

Aimee said...

Just checked in with you! I am so HAPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!


This is just FAB_U_LOUS!!!!!

Praying for speedy paperwork so you can travel sooN!

Mike and Barb said...

I'm so happy for you! So what WAS your timeline for your LOA. I hear they are coming faster these days. Just curious and nosy, of course, because, you know, you just never know....
Love, Barb

Ohilda said...

What's in front of you makes me smile BIG, too! :)

Love you and CANNOT wait to see that sweet boy in your arms.

Love you, my friend.

ethel said...

You know we are praying for you and your new journey. And God will let you know what you NTK when you NTK,. See I czn use those fancy letters too. It's all in God's time. And I see a very special place just for Kevin on that sofa. We love you all so much.

Ethel

Karin said...

Just watched your video!! :)) HOORAY!!! And what an awesome surprise! :) So excited for you and for Kevin. :)

Keisha said...

Love the picture of the kids!! They are all growing up so fast!

And. GIRL.. you taught me something I didn't know.. & I text ALL the time! LOL!! Thanks Wilma! ;)
Love ya!
I hope everything goes smoothly with the adoption process & you guys have a Speedy Travel!!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my heavens...I am praying for you like crazy cakes here! I cannot wait for you to get TA and LEAVE!!!!!! Have the most blessed Christmas my sweet friend....God will bless you....He will bless you.

Stefanie said...

Oh my goodness!! Your beautiful babies!! Everyone looks so happy, Laine!! Can't wait til your gang is bigger by ONE :)
Praying for HIS perfect timing and HIS wisdom and HIS peace for everything surrounding this trip!