Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brief Commercial....

My apologies, but I cannot help but advertise an informational meeting that Lifeline Children's Services (our awesome agency!) is hosting at our church. If you are in the area, and want to come learn more about adoption...COME ON! ;) Even if you already know a lot about adopting, come anyway! Even if you are too young or too old to adopt...come anyway! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Adoption Info Meeting

Date: Thursday, January 21, 2010
Time: 06:30 PM - 08:00 PM
Location: Clearview Baptist - Pinson, AL

Did you know there are 147 million orphans in the world? YOU can make a difference in that number...YOU CAN! Adoption is a term that many people shy away from, but if you are a Believer, than YOU are adopted! Adoption is at the heart of Jesus; and if you feel even the slightest bit interested in learning about the blessing of adopting children, then this meeting is for you. Maybe you feel like you don't have enough money right now. Maybe you feel like you're too old. Maybe you're satisfied with the number of children you have. Maybe you feel like you'll adopt one day, just not right now. The Lord is raising up more and more Christian families to take orphans into their home and share the gospel with children who otherwise live a hopeless life. HE WILL MAKE A WAY, no matter your circumstances. Adoption is the gospel lived out loud. Please come to this informational meeting. It's not a commitment to adopt, it's just a chance for you to find out more details and get your questions answered...

Lifeline Children's Services welcomes all interested families to come to an informational meeting in Pinson, AL. Come and learn more about the wonderful opportunity of both international and domestic adoption. We invite you to come and find out more about how you can make a difference in the lives of these precious orphans from around the world. The meeting will be held at Clearview Baptist Church (in the Douglas Fellowship Hall) and will begin at 6:30 pm.


(Please either call Lifeline at 967-0811 or sign up online at http://www.lifelineadoption.org if you would like to come!)

9 comments:

Cindy Jones said...

We will be there. I am looking forward to this meeting. Thanks for setting it up.

Mama Hen said...

Just want to second what Laine has said. This is not a commitment to do anything. And you may leave still feeling sure that your family is not called to adopt. But it will open your eyes to what is happening with orphans all over the world!

living4him5 said...

Oh how I wish I could be there. I would love to meet you and Karla!!! Please, please give her a HUGE hug from me and then tell her to give you a HUGE hug from me too!!!

Love you both!!!!

Sisters in Christ,
Amy

southern cheesehead said...

we will be there...or probably just E will be there on time. J has Upward basketball practice in Trussville from 6-7 so I'll be there at first, but we'll come late and join E and the meeting already in progress!

MichelleQ said...

I would like to come, too! Pray I can talk Jeff into it. I KNOW we can't afford to adopt right now but I'm still hoping one day...at least foster! Thanks for sharing!

Green, Party of Five said...

I just love these meetings!!!! I do wish we could be joining you guys there. Please tell them their "groupee" says hello and cant wait to see them again!

Love to all of you!
Connie

Joscelyn said...

We are also planning on coming...just to see if it is what God wants for us. Thank you!!

Kim said...

I LOVE the ad for the meeting...that is a GREAT advertisement!

I apologize for not commenting before now. Several times I have stopped my to comment, I always wanted my comment to be something really good not just your everyday comment...lol...I know that is so silly. Every time I sat down to write a really good (heartfelt) comment congratulating you on your adoption I would get called away. So here goes and heartfelt.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I AM SO STINKING HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THAT I CAN'T HARDLY STAND IT!!

Oh my goodness, he is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I cannot wait to follow your journey!

((hugs)),
Kim

connie said...

Amen! Oh, I wish we lived nearby so we could attend. God is raising up more and more of His children to step out in obedience...the totally unprepared, unqualified, and He is equipping us with ALL we need as He brings His plans to fruition.