Friday, January 8, 2010

Give me FIVE!


That is an ARTICLE FIVE!

Bus-stop #4--check!

Next bus-stop to wait at: TA (travel approval--that means get a flight and come on!)

E.T.A. of T.A. (wow, is that too much of the alphabet or what?): 3-4 weeks

ladkoptueknejd;iuatkng;alkje[e'elangkg

That is what my mind is thinking right about now.

But really, what I'm thinking is how much I want to thank each of you for your sweet comments on my blubbering worry-wart post the other day. Yall are the greatest encouragers and REAL LIFE SAINTS!

Rebekah, I could so feel your love in your comment. Thank you!

Keri, oh yes. A mess indeed and I certainly don't have it all together! So thank you for that reminder that He is glorified when I need Him most!

Amy, with all you've been through the past few months...thank you for standing beside me in my pitiful whining! I am praying for YOU...Everybody let's pray for Amy's immigration approval!

Tanya, my new NEW DAY friend! She's adopting sweet Khloe from New Day. Thank you for praying and I'm praying for your LOA! Everybody pray for Tanya's LOA!

Michelle, thank you SO much for praying for us and being willing to help me meal plan...you are a BLESSING!

Wendy, Mama Hen...living my dream life. I LOVE YOU! Thank you for praying for us and we are praying for your baby girl Clark!

Sherri, Katie Lyn loves you and you are her favorite since you put in a good word for her to get to go to China! ;) I love you too, by the way! You are right, no one is judging me except my harshest critic...MYSELF! Thank you for your prayers!

Sweet Jamie...you are the second person to tell me about that book, so I think I need it! Your words were straight from the Lord to my heart! THANK YOU!

Stefanie: I guess you're putting those words into practice as you leave TODAY on that plane for China! OH WOW! I'm praying for YOU and your little one you will meet in a few days...and your big ol' crew at home!

Ethel: Thank you for always being there for our family...you gave so much when we were fundraising for Kimmie and Quan. It means more than you know that you are willing to help us again! We will talk SOON!

Tina: Thank you for walking this road with us, sister! And praying us through...I know you know exactly where we stand. And we are praying for your LOA! Everybody let's pray for Tina's LOA!

Aimee: "Enjoy this time" WELL SAID! This week has been a very slow week around here with the cold weather; it's almost like the Lord slowed everything down so that I CAN enjoy this time! Thank you for your prayers!

Kim: My sweet amiga who makes me cry! (In a good way!) I know you can empathize with all my feelings and I thank you for being my prayer warrior...all the way in Costa Rica!

Barb: Thank you for reminding me that GOD will handle ALL of this...not ME! Whew! Barb, my friend who sent the best Christmas card ever. Seriously yall. Barb, I hope you don't mind but I'm pasting the letter in your card. It's just too good not to share:

Dear family and friends,
The perfect Christmas. The perfect children. The perfect family…
You will not read much about that in this year’s version of the "S. family" Christmas greetings, or see much of that when you come visit. Truth is, when we reflect on what truly makes us US, we see lots of imperfection, chaos, drama, but also forgiveness, fun, and love. Oh, and lots of videogames and teasing. And soccer and Legos. And reading together. And late fees at the library.
We have much to be thankful for, and we are all well and have enough work.
But as we sail along on this journey called FAMILY, we find ourselves passionate, blessed and frazzled all at the same time. It makes us realize that we often miss the point of what Isaiah from the olden days was REALLY saying about the child that was to be born: He IS the wonderful COUNSELOR, the MIGTHY God, the everlasting FATHER, and prince of PEACE. For us, for you, everyday. And THAT, to us, sounds like the perfect Christmas.
With much love from our imperfect family,



I LOVED THAT!

More coming soon from the Ferrill's...





14 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on your article 5!!!! We can't wait to follow your journey-we will be a little behind you all- we got LSC Dec 28th-signed off on Dec 24th-how cool is God!!!! Now waiting for artilce 5 and then TA!! Oh well, maybe it will be a little warmer in Beijing the longer we have to wait! Go Bless you guys! The Hatchers in Georgia

Green, Party of Five said...

Praise God for Article 5! I cant get over so many changes in the process in just one year. Thats ok...because little Kevin is coming home. Another little Ferrill to go enjoy at the Lifeline reunion!

We have so many friends going this time around and I cant wait to follow each of you back to China (oh where my heart just aches to go back).

Today, we received a Christmas card from Lily Grace's orphanage. I so thankful they loved her so much until Mommy and Daddy arrived.

Love you guys!!!
Green Party of 5ive

living4him5 said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Praise God!!!!

Come on TA!

Love you!
Amy

Aaron and Erica said...

Oh I have missed so much!!! That's what i get for not checking in on you for a few days. Article 5!!!!!! YES!!!!!! You are getting so close now. Praise God!!!

Now let me say I don't think it's too late for you to do a little fundraiser...order some t-shirts or something and let us bless you like you have blessed us!!!

Praying for you and thinking of you often...

Hugs!!!!

MichelleQ said...

Awesome!

Aimee said...

I have no idea what Article 5 is...but YAY!!!! I am glad you have it!!!!!

I would give anything to be going back!! OMG. Anything! I could go with you and be your personal photographer?? nanny??? moral supporter???? (LOL on the last one) You might be picking me up off the floor!!

Its almost here.

BREATHE. DEEPLY.

The Byrd's Nest said...

You make me laugh with all of those abbreviations girl! Guess what???? You will be leaving oh so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praising Him with you....loving you and praying for you!

Ladyblog said...

I'm so happy that you will be bringing home your boy soon! You are such an awesome mom and he will be very blessed. I know you will be blessed too!

Ashley said...

WHOOOOOA!!!! WOnderful news - TA is around the corner! You are almost there - I know your head is full of all the many details. It is amazing how they all fall into place - and they will.

Blessings! Ashley

The Princess's Mommy said...

HOORAY!!! Article 5!!! Don't know what that is, but it sounds great!! Can't wait to see that precious baby boy in your arms! Oh I'm so excited (and very envious)!!!

Love you,
Monica

Mike and Barb said...

Hard to believe how close you are!!!!!
Wohoo!
Barb

TanyaLea said...

HOORAY on the great news of your Article 5! ...come on TA!!!

What a thoughtful post. I have often thought of doing a personal shout-out like that, as it's in my thoughts and hearts as I read comments and emails sent by my dear blog readers and supporters. God is so good and I'm extremely grateful that he has blessed us with this avenue to connect and be there for one another, in prayer and in praise, in support and rejoicing! He is GOOD!!!

Praying for Tina's LOA, too. Along with Mandi's (Drew's mama). And Barb's Christmas letter...pefect!...it made me feel a little more 'normal'...lol!! ;)

Big Happy HUGS to you!!
Have a blessed week! <><

love,
Tanya

CK said...

3-4 weeks to TA, just think it could come this month! I am so excited for you!

Tina said...

Whoo HOO!! Come on TA!!!!