Saturday, January 16, 2010

You guessed it!

Well, some of you did anyway! Monica, you CRACKED me and Rob UP!

Way to go, guys! Yall are SMART! Yep, we're FUNDRAISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry for the delay in revealing this!)

After much prayer and guidance from God, we've had lots of confirmation that this is HIS plan. It hasn't been my plan from the beginning. But as we all know, HIS plans are sometimes WAY different from ours and ALWAYS BETTER!

The Lord has opened wide the doors this week for several types of fundraisers! So I will explain the suckers, beach trip, gold and junk!

Suckers: Our sweet friends Lucy, Ethel, & Little Ricky have offered to help us make candy heart suckers to sell for Valentine's Day. We did this as a fundraiser for Kimmie & Quan in 2007 and had so much fun! AND, the suckers sold like hotcakes! I know we will have fun again, no matter what we bring in financially! We're bound to reap a lot of laughter from this venture!

Junk: Well, we're having a yard sale in the worst possible month of the year to have a yard sale. January. Cold, wet, windy, dreary January! The way I see it, it just gives God a chance to show up BIG! January 29/30 is the date!

Gold: My friend Robin M. is hosting a gold party for us! (not sure the date, yet) I've never been to one of these, but apparently people bring their old gold jewelry and take home cash, and we will get a portion of the proceeds! I can't wait!

Beach Trip: My mom is offering a free 3 night stay at her condo in Gulf Shores! We're going to sell raffle tickets for this and have a drawing! (more details on this to come)

When we had fundraisers for Kimmie and Quan's adoption back in 2007, we always tithed back to God part of the donations. We gave to other families adopting, or families having a hard time making ends meet, or to different ministries that the Lord directed us to. Every time we would tithe, He would give us more donations. We learned that one truly cannot out-give God!

Here is a link to a family living in Haiti, serving there as missionaries. It makes this situation very real, and just because we are not living this nightmare, we cannot forget the hurting people there. I was made aware of this blog by Carrie, who volunteers at New Day Foster Home, where little Kevin lives. http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/

So people who donate to our fundraisers will know that not only are they helping us bring Kevin home, but part of the money will go to more of the Lord's Kingdom work. Not just in Haiti, but wherever the Lord presses on our hearts to give.

Malachi 3:10
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

11 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Well...at least I guessed the yard sale part right! LOL And I'm totally IN on the condo raffle!!! I'm needing a beach trip in the worst sort of way!!

Love you!
Monica

Dollar General said...

I can't wait to see what the Lord does through the Ferrills again!!

living4him5 said...

I'm in!!! Maybe i I win the beach trip, we can finally meet in person!!!

Love ya!

The Thomas Crew said...

Thank you for posting about this today. I just got through writing on our blog this afternoon how I dreaded the fundraising portion of adopting but you just put a spring back in my step. We too are going to do the weekend giveaway but ours will be to Callaway Gardens. I love the sucker idea. Please post a picture. I cannot wait to see you travel.

MichelleQ said...

You just blow me away, Laine! I really can't think of anything else to say!

mabrynelson said...

can I come help out with the yard sale!?

Ladyblog said...

Awesome! I'm sure it will be great!

TanyaLea said...

oh Laine~ it just blesses my heart to know that you still give/tithe from your donations money, too. I know that God will meet all of your needs and bless you ABUNDANTLY for this! You are such a great example to all of us!

Blessings and Hugs!! <><
~ Tanya

p.s.>> do post photos of your various fundraisers... especially those cute suckers you are going to make...I can't wait to see them! :)

Desiree' said...

Looking forward to seeing what God can do!! Also wouldn't mind bidding on the beach vaca. Would love to get back to Bama and see all my good friends we left behind in 2006!!

Green, Party of Five said...

We are so excited to see what God has planned for you. Cant wait for all the details.
Not much longer to see that precious baby boy!

Love you guys
Connie

The Byrd's Nest said...

Monica was pretty hilarious! You are absolutely right my friend....you can never out give the Lord! I will be praying for all of these creative ways to raise money! You are such an amazing testimony my sweet friend. Your faith and strength encourage me.