Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's up and running!

And it looks GOOD!!!!!!!!

We are using My Adoption Website again to document our trip to China. Joe & Jennifer did an AMAZING job on our site! THANK YOU, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a password protected site. If you'd like to follow along, here's the info:

http://www.myadoptionwebsite.com/kevin/
username: eight
password: eggrolls

We fly to Beijing at dark-thirty Tuesday morning. We arrive Wednesday afternoon (Beijing time). We will have a driver waiting on us to take us directly to NEW DAY!!!!!! We will spend two nights at New Day, and then fly to Changsha, Hunan on Fri, Feb. 19.
Feb. 20 is our Gotcha Day! Then we stay in Changsha a little while longer and fly to Guangzhou someday....the next detail I remember is MARCH 4....Home Sweet Home!

I already miss Colby, Clay, Carlie, Kimmie & Quan. That's a hard part of the trip....leaving babies behind. But, I know they're in GOOD hands....God's! He has provided sweet family and friends to come to our home and keep our children. We are so humbled and grateful!

And that reminds me of another thing I've done to prepare for my trip to China. I made sure my fingernail polishes were sorted through and all the old ones thrown out. Just in case our guests wanted some nail polish or something.

I think I need an intervention. At some point I've got to pack. Right after I heat up more cheese dip for the five adorable 11th grade girls staying at our home this weekend for Disciple Now! WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Life is a RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow! Check back in for the beach trip winner! I cannot WAIT! We will post it either between morning and evening services or after that!

Oh, and did you know that yesterday 49 of the 50 states got snow? We had a BLAST in our two inches! What a sweet gift from the Lord right before we leave! Lots of memories were made!

7 comments:

Trace Car Driver said...

puleeeeze draw and post the winner first thing tomorrow morning. :) i can't believe ya'll leave so soon. it will be awesome. can't wait to keep up with your progress on the blog. fun stuff! and we had a blast in the snow too, i bet kimmie and quan were amazed like trace! def a sweet blessing from god!

Kristi said...

49 of 50 states? That's crazy. Like you guys, we enjoyed our snowfall this morning. God is so good to provide sweet memories just before the family dynamic shifts once again.
I'm praying for you as you finish up, and for your Mama's heart as you leave part of your "pack" at home.
Gotta go check out your site in the a.m. hours...
By the way, I love how you are still finding ways to distract yourself from the task at hand. Today I sorted through pictures on my computer to weed out "so-so" ones with the justification of creating more memory space for this trip!

TanyaLea said...

Oh my goodness, Laine!! I can't believe in a matter of hours (yes, it's SO close we can count HOURS now!!) you will be on a plane to China!! I'm SO excited for you, you'd think I was the one 'packing' for the trip! Praying everything goes smoothly and that you have safe and healthy travels. Also praying that God begins to prepare Kevin's heart (both emotionally and physically) for his beautiful new family. I can't believe how close it is. I'll be stalking your adoption travel sight daily!!

So glad you have all the important stuff taken care off... it has to be a load off your mind now that the nail polish is all organized. LOL!! ;) YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!

BIG Hugs,
~Tanya

living4him5 said...

Love you all!

Prayers headed your way ...

Safe travels!

Amy <><

The Byrd's Nest said...

I wonder how I missed the beach trip contest? Oh well...not like I could go...unless it was in Costa Rica..lol!

You make me laugh with all of your crazy organizing of the funniest items! I think I may love this about you most!

So excited for you....God will provide.....He is making a clear path...you will all be home before you know it. Praying for peace for your little ones while you are away and peace in your heart that they are safe. Love you!

ethel said...

OK, So it is Sunday night and congrats to Janet Gomez. Did you know I just changed my name to Janet Gomez. LOL I can't believe that in less than 48 hours you will be on your way to get that precious baby boy. Can't wait to meet him, Our prayer are with you as you travel for safety for all of you and for your children at home, who will be so busy having fun they may not even know you are gone. Just Kidding!!! I am sure they will be spoiled rotten,. Hope you didn't leave too many instructions for those staying at your house, I am sure those instructions will be "lost"??? We love you all. Ethel

Mike and Barb said...

Ohhhhhh, you'll be in Changsha!!! I feel like I own part of that city!!! We had a great time there, and if you're looking for things to do, just check Nina's adoption blog!
Love, Barb