Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Surgery Update - 3

Things are going well today. His vitals continue to improve. I posted a pic of the vitals monitor on Twitter earlier to show everyone. His BP was up (had been low), his oxygen saturation was up (higher the better), his temp was down (no fever - YEA!!!). There's a bunch of other numbers on there that are more complicated to explain.

Anyway, we're really looking forward to him coming off the ventilator. It will be either late today or early tomorrow. We'll keep you posted. He wakes up occasionally and is very unhappy about this tube down his throat, then goes back to sleep. They are trying to keep him sedated. We talked to the doc this morning and he felt very positive about everything.

Thank you all so much for praying! Keep it up. We'll post some specific items to pray about soon regarding his needs to be a candidate for the Glenn procedure.

7 comments:

April said...

Please add my to Twitter. I don't know what I'm doing as I never use Twitter...but for Little Man I will do anything. :-)

April said...

Praise the Lord he is doing so well. It does my heart good. We will continue to pray for all of you, but especially Kevin.

mommyofmany said...

So glad to hear an update. I've been checking off and on all morning!

It all sounds like great news! We'll continue to pray here.

Oh... and would it be possible to share photos here for those of us who don't twitter???

Love y'all!!!
Sandy

Aaron and Erica said...

Rob or Laine...do you have the Family Room again tonight? I'm assuming Kevin will still be in CICU again tonight? If you do not have the Family Room, please call me asap. I have another option for you (tried to call Laine's phone but it is going straight to voicemail).

Erica
256-683-8690

Trace Car Driver said...

awesome!! so glad he is doing so well after such an important surgery. god is a BIG god and i know his BIG hands are all over little kevin, the drs, and your whole family! :)

praising god and still praying!!!

smallseven said...

Praise God for His goodness! Still praying!

smallseven said...

Praise God for His goodness! Still praying!