Saturday, May 15, 2010

No greater love...

When we got home Tuesday I saw a yard full of my favorite people--my children (including the cute little red headed college kid on the end--we adopted her too.)

These kiddos love their baby brother so very much. Kevin doesn't reciprocate the love, and his recent hospital stays have caused some pretty severe regression in his trust factor. He pretty much doesn't like anyone to talk to him unless her name is "Mama". That's me. I'm glad he likes me still! But oh how I long for him to accept his daddy and siblings again!

Kevin is still feeling pretty yucky. He's so puffy and swollen. He throws up. He won't walk for some reason.

I took him back to UAB Thurs. because I was just worried about him. Thankfully the fluid has not increased, though it has formed some "strands" that disturb Dr. Romp. Scar tissue? Infection? His heart function was good, praise the Lord! So we will go back Tuesday for another echo and see what's going on.

One might think that with him not feeling well, we've been staying close to home. Not so. I find myself feeling like I could go back into the hospital with him at any moment, so I am doing things with the kiddos that I've missed out on during those days and nights away. The library. Swimming. Dinners out with friends. Walks around the lake. Getting my roots done. ;)

And as long as I hold Kevin, he is pretty okay with going out and about.

I have sure been so blessed by your prayers and cards and encouragement! WOW. I mean really, yall are holding us up.

Exodus 17:10-13 (New International Version)
10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

Yall are beside us helping our hands remain steady! Thank you!

Here are a bundle of prayers and letters that my sweet friend Kristi had her friends and family write to me. In each one, they taped a tiny mustard seed. Oh how my heart is so full knowing how many people are praying for Kevin, and believing God to heal our boy! North Carolina, California, CHINA (thank you New Day and Uncle Doug & Aunt Janice!), Costa Rica...

God is SO faithful! He continues to reassure us that this is RIGHT WHERE HE WANTS US. Somehow, He gains so much glory through adversity. Would I choose a fiery trial? No! But do I choose Him to be glorified above my comfort? YES! I am brought to my knees day after day in total dependence on Him.

I am so glad we said YES to Kevin. I do not regret it one OUNCE. I don't know what God is doing, but I know He is good, He is holy, He is sovereign, He is perfect, He is LOVE.

So much more to share....but for now, I just want to tell you all how much I love you, and I thank GOD for each of you!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Our Journey to China said...

You and Kristi are both awesome! We truly think about and pray for Kevin, you all and the doctors many times throughout the day. God is so good to have brought you into our lives. We thank Him for you and pray His ABUNDANCE over and in you wherever you need it. We love you all! Love, The Boyd Family :0)

living4him5 said...

Still prayin....Love you all!

Amy <><

The Collier Bunch said...

You continue to be in our daily thoughts and prayers. We will keep praying and will add bonding and trust to that prayer list.

Ashley said...

What a wonderful welcome! I have no doubt that Kevin will come to ADORE those precious hearts. I think about you often - we continue to pray for Kevin. You are such a light Laine -
Much love!
ashley

Aaron and Erica said...

Oh what a sweet, sweet, precious picture of your children holding up those signs.

Keep living Laine...go do all those things with your children. I think that is what you are supposed to be doing, and pretty soon I know Kevin will fall in love with his siblings again.

You are the best mommy and I want to be just like you when I grow up ;) Call me when/if you can...

Hugs and prayers,

Erica

Alycia said...

We love y'all too Ferrill Family!
We're continuing to lift you all up in our prayers. Hang in there!
Blessings!
Alycia
who is STILL waiting on TA!
But, KNOWS that HE has it all worked out for our good!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Poor little guy....my heart goes out to all of you.

Know that I am praying for you and that I never cease. Praying for His grace and mercy to rain down on all of you. Praying for extra strength and energy for you.

Love you my friend:)

Green, Party of Five said...

We are praying for you and that sweet precious Kevin. Kevin will soon be loving on his wonderful family again soon. I so remember Lia being the same way after her surgery and now she loves to pick fights with all of us (haha).
We have her final one year checkup (MRI)tomorrow.

Love you guys!
Connie

Kristi said...

Praying for the relationship between siblings. I know it must be so hard for all the brothers and sisters to not have the love reciprocated, especially the little ones who can't quite understand why he's feeling badly.
I continue to stand firmly with a mustard seed of faith that Kevin will be healed completely!
Love you all!