Sunday, May 9, 2010

See Saw

Feels like we're on a see-saw with Kevin. Friday was such a good day, then Saturday, not so much. At least while I was with him he was not in good spirits. However, when his main squeeze showed up (his Mama), that seemed to make quite a difference. He also got both IV's out (one in his hand and one in his foot) so that may have had to do with it also. Since his hand got puffy after they gave his IV antibiotics yesterday, they decided to pull both IV's and just give the rest of his antibiotics via IM injections. So most of the day, he was not happy and mostly cranky. But last night, he was quite happy and giggling. Praying you all have a blessed Mother's Day. Our's will be from UAB.


Finally, no wires hooked up so I can have a bath after a week without one.


This is my favorite spot... laying back against my main squeeze!


After my bath... I feel CLEAN, but not quite happy just yet!


Momma knows how to make me laugh... Baba, not so much, but that's ok, it'll come!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Steve and Jan said...

Happy Mother's Day, Laine!!!

Love ya!
Jan

Trace Car Driver said...

awww. thank you so much for sharing that last smiley pic. brings tears to my eyes. so sorry your mothers day was spent in the hospital laine... but just think, it's with your 8th little blessing so what could be better? prayed for ya'll in sunday school this morning. love love love you.

The Princess's Mommy said...

OH I love seeing that sweet smile! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Love you,
Monica

Aaron and Erica said...

Happy Mother's Day Laine! I love, love, love the picture of your handsome boy laying against you in the bed. It does look like his favorite place. We are still praying for you guys...you are on my mind constantly throughout the day. Praying now for an early departure from that hospital this week!!!

Erica

Our Journey to China said...

What sweet, sweet pictures. He certainly loves his mama - this we know! :0) I have thinking about you all day and praying for you all. I know someone else up here that knows you, but I will have to figure out the family relation to Rob. (I think Rob might be their friend's uncle?-Still working on it.) We love you all very much! Love, The Boyds :0)

MichelleQ said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the sweetest and most courageous mothers I know! Precious pictures!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Don't worry Dad......he'll being running around with you in no time!

Oh his little face just brings tears to my eyes.....I love seeing him with his Mommy...and I love seeing his beautiful Mommy too:)

Happy Mother's Day my sweet friend.....I love you!

P.S. Mother's Day is August 15 here in Costa Rica so you can just re-celebrate it then with me...okay??? We'll both get pinatas!!! lol

CK said...

What a great smile!
Happy M8ther's Day!

Kristi said...

Oh that picture of Kevin snuggling against his mama is heartwarming! If there is anyone I know that can find joy in spending Mother's Day in the hospital it is you Laine. Praying constantly for you guys.

living4him5 said...

Happy mother's day my sweet friend!

Love you!
Amy

Precious pics of Kevin!!

TanyaLea said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Kevin is on a roller-coaster ride. I pray it comes to an end, soon. Glad to see that sweet smile back on his face again. I'll be thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers as we travel to Ch*na.

Happy Mother's Day, Laine!

Blessings & Hugs,
~Tanya

connie said...

Precious baby boy, we are praying for you. Rob and Laine, you are doing an amazing job! Praying for the Lord to sustain you.

Tracy McWhorter said...

We love you guys so much! Happy Mother's Day to one of the bestest moms I know!

Tracy

The Smith's said...

So glad to see that Sweet, Sweet, Smile.