Thursday, June 3, 2010

If there is a world record

...for how many times a mom could take her son's temperature, I think I broke it in the last 24 hours!


The final temp, taken at 8:45....was.....


98.4!


He has had no Tylenol in over 24 hours! The only medicine for fever he has had is the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD breathing over him! Thank you Lord!


And thank you to all of YOU...you make my heart sing. Erica, you're peeling for Kevin! Uncle Doug & Aunt Janice and all of those at New Day are speaking God's word over Kev from across the globe. And even people I've never met before over in England are praying for our little guy.
How can I ever thank you ALL...friends, family, fellow adoptive moms. If I could make you all Butterfinger cookies, I would. This morning I prayed for everyone of you--God knows your needs.


I'm waiting on the doc to call back with his plan. Kevin's rash is still very present, but not peeling! Please keep praying for our little man, I know you will!

I know if Kevin could understand, he would thank all of you for loving him so much. He would point his little finger at YOU and snicker, and then he would boss you to make him some noodles. He would, I know he would!

11 comments:

smallseven said...

Praise the Lord! It's So good to see that little smile again!
Still praying for the rash, and complete healing for your precious Kevin.
Much Love,
Heather

Dollar General said...

Laine - my heart rejoices! I printed your blog last night and we prayed your exact prayer at our service last night! And I've been praying ever since. I rejoice! The Lord is so good! We continue to pray for the doctors wisdom from this point on!! Love you SO MUCH!!

CK said...

That is the best smile EVER! Thank you Jesus that you died for our sins and sicknesses! Prayers for continued, complete healing from the top of Kevin's head down to his little toes.

Aaron and Erica said...

WOOHOO!!! I'd make noodles for that boy all day!!!!

Now I'm going to go sing praises to God while I take my shower :)

Rebekah said...

Thank you, LORD!!!

Trace Car Driver said...

YAY GOD!!!!!! i am so excited... wow. god has shown up so many times for lil kevin. it's amazing! his mercies are new every morning! will def continue praying. :)
love ya!

Green, Party of Five said...

GOD IS GOOD!!!!!

HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
CONNIE

Jennifer Taylor said...

God is good all the time! Still praying for the miracle that Kevin deserves!

CindyStanley said...

Laine,
I am praying and I have my entire Sunday School class praying urgently today. God is good and He has blessed and answered prayer already by reduced fever. I know Kevin is being blessed by his forever family as you all go through these trials together. Remember, God will be glorified as He brings you through these difficult trials. Praying for complete healing for Kevin and strength for you and your family.
Love in Him, Cindy

Steve and Jan said...

Oh Laine! I have just prayed and prayed for Kevin (and for all of you)! It is great news that his fever is down. I am continuing to pray for that sweet little fellow.

I MISS ya'll!!!!

Jan

MichelleQ said...

Praise the Lord praise the Lord!!!! Awesome awesome awesome!!!