Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Little Update after our appointment

We had a regularly scheduled appointment with Dr. Romp, our cardiologist at UAB this morning. He did another echo of Kevin's heart and praise the Lord! The fluid is gone, and the rind around his heart is THINNING! It's still there, but it's thinner! YAY! Keep Praying! God is dissolving that watermelon rind! Thank you Jesus! (And since it appears the fluid issue is so much better, Kevin now only has to take one aspirin per day compared to six!)

Dr. Romp referred us to an infectious disease doctor concerning Kevin's rash and fever. We will see him in a week or two, unless Kevin's fever persists. If Kevin still has fever Thursday, Dr. Romp wants to admit Kevin to Children's Hospital (not UAB since this isn't a heart issue). He wants Kevin thoroughly checked out, blood cultures run, etc. to keep a close watch on whatever this might be. Maybe it's just a virus, but maybe it's something more serious. (He mentioned a syndrome associated with the Bactrim antibiotic he is on for the staph he got in the hospital. After discussing with the ID doc, Dr. Romp took Kev off Bactrim and changed him to Amoxycillin as of today)

So...please pray for no more fever and the rash to CLEAR UP! Will you be swimming in the next day or two? If so, when you jump in that crystal clear water...pray for crystal clear skin and no fever for little Kevin, would you? Or I tell ya what: I KNOW you'll be taking a bath in the next day, right? ;) As you wash away your dirt and sweat, will you pray the Lord will wash away Kevin's rash and fever? THANK YOU SWEET FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!!!!!

Kevin really has perked up even more today! He's been a silly little peanut, and we are so cautiously optimistic! It's so refreshing to have our little Kevin back in the action again!

12 comments:

smallseven said...

Praise God! This was my promise from God's word for the day. James 5:15 "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up." I am praying in faith for Kevin's complete healing!
Much Love,
Heather

delucchi family said...

I am a swimming teacher and everytime I get in the pool I will picture clear skin and PRAY for your little boy. (who has the same name as my brother, who was killed in a car accident 4years ago and whose birthdy it is tomorrow). As I read back over your blog I held my breath, what frightening experience!! Love Jules
xxxx

living4him5 said...

PTL!!!! Still praying!

Much love,
Amy

Grandma said...

Laine, Even though you don't know me, I have been following your blog and praying for your family for some time and now little Kevin.
I'm DeEtte's mom and "grandma" to Hannah and Sadie. When Jesus lived and walked on the earth in the flesh, He did many miracles. If you don't believe me, "ask the blind man, he saw it all."(Song by the Booth Brothers) I'm glad that same God is still doing miracles today and He doesn't have a limit on them! When I looked at your blog today, I enjoyed that smile on Kevin's face. May God's Amazing Grace shower your family and heal little Kevin's heart!

Blessings,
Lanette Currie

Aaron and Erica said...

WooHoo!!! The Ferrill family needed a little good news and it sounds like you got it today!!

We're swimming every day and I'll remember to pray for clear skin and no fever :)

Steve and Jan said...

What a great update! Praying for continued improvement and healing!

Love to you all!

Jan

MichelleQ said...

Praise the Lord! Still praying for kevin always!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh Praise the Lord! I have been so worried about the little man!! We're swimming every day, too, and will say a prayer for Kevin every single time!!

Love ya'll,
Monica

Mama Hen said...

Praise our Lord! I know you must feel so relieved.

Just A Family said...

White house praying...

love,
robin

Trace Car Driver said...

W-O-W. i just caught up on a few of your last posts... i started out crying from reading about kevin's close call... and i'm so glad to hear the ending (so far!) praising god with ya'll. so glad the fluid is gone and the rind is getting thinner! will keep on praying!!!! love love love you!
*and laine, thanks SO much for the sweet comment on my blog. with 8 kids and all you've gone thru lately, it means so much that you would look at my sweet babies!! :)

Our Journey to China said...

We are so glad you are seeing the sweet Kevin we saw in China again! Praise God!! We pray for crystal clear skin, no fever, rind to be gone and complete health and healing in Jesus' name! We love you, dear friends! :0)