Sunday, June 27, 2010

Make A Wish

You know how when you blow out your candles on your birthday cake and you make a wish?

On May 21, 2010, Kevin blew out his three candles on his birthday cake. He felt rotten from all the fluid around his heart. ROTTEN. But he managed to blow out those candles.

I didn't tell him to make a wish.

But I think he did it anyway.

And today...




June 27, 2010....




His wish came true.




Miss Pattycake came to his house.




Posted by Picasa


She held him.




She sang to him.




She prayed over him.

She made his day.

And she crept her way down into our hearts even deeper!

(Thank you Clark family, Mrs. E. and Kylie, Nanny & Papa, and even Miss Pattycake's MOM who were able to share in our "Bubblin' Joy" today!)

Miss Pattycake, WE LOVE YOU. Words, Butterfinger cookies, or even decaf coffee could never be enough to tell you how much we appreciate your sacrifice to spend some time with us. We know the Lord orchestrated every detail of our day with you, and so we pray He will BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY for His love that you poured into each of us today. May your ministry grow and grow, continuing to bear fruit for His Kingdom! We will not cease praying for you!

And if you want to know more about Miss Pattycake and why Kevin adores her so...go to her website at http://misspattycake.com/


19 comments:

Anna Kate said...

That's SO exciting! I had only heard of her through your blog, but we did alot of her songs at Bible School this year, and I love them all. I'm so glad Kevin's "wish" came true!

Jennifer Taylor said...

So glad his wish came true! I know it took a lot of work!!

Gina said...

Oh my! I'm so pleased to hear that she was able to visit Kevin at your home and that his wish came true!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh my word!! How precious! Thank you, Miss Pattycake for blessing sweet Kevin today!

Love,
Monica

jhand said...

I cried tears of joy reading this post! How cool! One of my students this past year was a big Miss Patty Cake fan.
P.S. We are DTC!

Dollar General said...

THIS MAKES ME SO EXTREMELY HAPPY! I knew she would come!! YAY!

Desiree' said...

How sweet!! Looks like he is doing so much better!!

Kristi said...

Thanks for the link, I've been wondering what all the fuss was about.
Oh I'm so glad that sweet Kevin got his wish. What a fun memory for you all to share!

Stefanie said...

YAY for Miss Pattycake!! I have to crack up at Kevin's face in the pictures... he looks, well... not so happy ;) I am sure he was having a wonderful time, though :)
Your family looks perfectly color coordinated and totally decked out, way to go, mama!!
What a fun day and the pictures are adorable!!

smallseven said...

How delightful! God is SO awesome! I love it when He does stuff like that!

Rebekah said...

Oh, how awesome! I was just thinking about Kevin and Miss Pattycake the other day! What a blessing!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I have never heard of Miss Pattycake? I will go and check it out:)

Kevin deserves for all of his wishes to come true:) Love you girl!

living4him5 said...

Oh...How sweet!!!! He is so precious!!

Love you!
Amy

Aaron and Erica said...

Miss Pattycake!!! WooHoo!!! What a wonderful blessing. Our God is so good to bless His children with such good gifts. I just loved this post...it brought me to tears. We love you guys and thank you Miss Pattycake!!!!

Erica

P.S. I finally posted something on my blogs after 4+ months :)

John and Sarah said...

New follower of your blog! My husband and I want to adopt a bunch of kids one day, and I love reading the stories of people who have already taken that leap of faith! Thank you for letting random people into your inspiring lives!

Ashley said...

How amazing! I kept thinking earlier surely someone can get her to Kevin. I am so glad this happened for him, and you all as well! I am going to have to check out Miss Pattycake, I bet Kennedy would like her.

Ashley said...

Oh Kevin I love Miss Pattycake too! What a precious woman to come and visit.

Ashley

Our Journey to China said...

We were so glad to hear yesterday at your visit that Miss Pattycake came to YOUR house!!! Hooray!! God is so good! :0)

TanyaLea said...

That is WAY cool!! What a special day for ALL of you...but especially sweet Kevin! God bless you all...and Miss Pattycake, too! <><

(((BIG HUGS!)))