Friday, June 25, 2010

Man He Loves Us!

I know some of you have seen this video before, but I think it's worth seeing again. Especially if you haven't seen it yet. I happen to see John Mark McMillan at our church back in February when he came in concert with Shane and Shane (who I really like now as well). My wife had seen this on Jacob and Carrie's blog from New Day and suggested that I watch it after we had a conversation this week. I was expressing how thankful I was that she loved me through all of my faults and shortcomings and SIN... but oh how that pales in comparison with the love our Father has for us. Do we really get how much He loves us? I think most don't truly grasp this. This song gives me such massive goosebumps... makes me want to scream it from the mountain tops!



Lastly, from one of my devotions today...

If Jesus could take such rabble (i.e. the 12 disciples) from the backwoods of Galilee and transform them into a world-changing spiritual force, what might He do with us if only we would be willing to follow without reservation?

1 Corinthians 1
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence. 30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the LORD.”c]">[c]

2 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

what a beautiful story & reminder of His love for us all.

Our Journey to China said...

I am so glad God loves the 'foolish and weak' enough to die for us and believe HE can work through us...especially me. Thank you for sharing! :0)