Friday, July 30, 2010

Camp!


Water balloon wars with over 900 water balloons, elbow tag and laughing 'til we pee in our pants, putt-putt, snack shack, staying up way too late being silly, Kylie growing up and not doing pranks, Rob immaturing and doing ALL the pranks, three delicious meals a day not cooked by us NOR any dishes washed by us, 30 kiddos singing camp songs, ping pong, air hockey, board games, swimming, wacky tacky night, western night, and mission impossible night, great praise & worship thanks to our youth group who visited one night, watching all the big campers love on the little campers, Kevin being King of the Kamp.....(and I'm sure I'm forgetting a million other memories!)


To put it into one word, I'd have to say....
PRICELESS!

Thank you Jesus for this huge answer to prayer. We ALL went to camp, Kevin felt great, and we are SO grateful God allowed us to go this year! It was our official vacation as a family, since we weren't able to go on a beach trip this summer. I honestly cannot think of a better way to spend vacation than to be with a bunch of our church friends! It was a MUCH needed get-away for everyone of us there--not just our family. Our CHURCH family needed this time of laughter and fun!

As soon as I can find my way out of the dirty towels, sleeping bags, and socks...I'll check in on each of you, my sweet friends!

6 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh so glad you were blessed by camp my friend....you guys really needed that time together:)

Jennifer Taylor said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Kevin looks great! He doesn't look as "puffy" as he has previously looked!

Kristi said...

Rob? Pulling pranks? I don't believe it. ;)
Glad you guys had a blessed time!

Ashley said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you guys were able to spend this week together.

Robyn said...

Sounds like an amazing week and I am so thankful Kevin felt so good! What a spiritual high to be on, seeing your kids having fun in the name of the Lord! Praise Him!

Our Journey to China said...

It sounds like a great time! We are so glad you All were able to enjoy it together!