Thursday, August 5, 2010

I love this picture


It's not the best picture in the world. Far from it! There is a mean ray of sunshine on Candie's face. Darkness everywhere else. But I don't care.

It is raw! They're hot and sweaty. They're tired of waiting on the bus to load for camp. They're misbehaving in the van, about to cause someone to get hurt.

And they're unashamedly happy!

I look at this picture and see children God gave us. God gave us them! They used to be orphans. Every single one of those four faces I look at above was motherless, fatherless, abandoned. And in God's MERCY, He ALLOWED us to bring them into our family, thus having the chance to be in HIS forever family. (Please don't take this as me tooting my own horn. My horn is battered, bruised, broken, and just doesn't toot anymore. Seriously. I am humbly GRATEFUL God would LET us have eight children!)

That's how much He loves them.

That's how much He loves us!

And these are just four. There are many many many others who are now home, praise God!

And there are many many many many many others who are still waiting.

We cannot adopt them all, no. But that cannot stop us from being radically involved in the orphan crisis.

I look at those four faces and shudder to think "what if we had not listened?" we would have missed out, I tell ya. Oh my, would we EVER have missed out.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

LOVE IT!! Isn't it amazing how God chose to bless us?! We are so underserving, yet ever so thankful! I love how your posts show His love for us!

Dollar General said...

You truly are blessed!

mabrynelson said...

I can't imagine life without those sweethearts, and frankly, I don't want to! I miss you, Ferrills! I hope to see you soon!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Gifts. Straight to us, from heaven. Oh yes they are! I was just looking back at a post where I talked about having a "pinch myself" moment while looking at Teddi one day. What a blessing we have been given.

I love your words, I love your heart---and I love your sweaty, mischievous babies, too!

Love from Texas~

Tina

P.S. I just shared the sweetest little adoption story on my blog, if you get a rare minute, it'll bless ya!

Kristi said...

You make me cry so often. The words you wrote obviously came straight from the heart ~ a heart that loves our Heavenly Father and therefore REALLY loves.
Oh these blessings in our lives...
Miss you and your sweaty, mischievous bunch so!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love it too because their smiles are spread across their ENTIRE faces ;)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I am in tears....I know exactly what you mean my friend. Sometimes I look at our family and think how creative God really is in the way that He wove us together....and then when you think about our own little families being woven with other adoptive families...well...the love just continues to flow!!!!!

Robyn said...

You are so right. And when people say well meaning things like John Asher is so lucky, well I feel like the lucky one to be his mom! We cannot give up praying for the orphans in the world and finding ways to impact their lives. Your passion is so raw, and so God! Thanks for sharing your heart!

Our Journey to China said...

So true....God has blessed us! We do not deserve it....and we are so thankful we were obedient. We are so very thankful our obedience brought us to your family. God is truly good!!

Tricia Thompson said...

Hey!
This is Tricia from the Lifeline Reunion today! We shared a table today. Maggie is my daughter that I adopted last December. It was so good to meet you today and your family is just precious! My blog is www.tmifamily.com if you want to drop by sometime. God Bless you guys and maybe we can get together sometime.