Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Obviously this picture wasn't taken today since Kevin cannot get his cath sight soaked quite yet. Last Friday we went to our neighborhood pool. It had been way too long since we went for a swim, and we had a blast with our friends the Fargarsons. Not to mention we had the whole pool to ourselves for most of the time! (Good thing because we take up a LOT of room in that pool! Maybe that's why we haven't frequented it much this summer!)

This picture COULD have been taken today as far as Kevin is concerned. He is doing great and you would never know he had a procedure done yesterday! Thank you Jesus!

No more throw up in the Ferrill home today. Thank you Jesus!

I find myself really wanting to get-away with the family...just some away time. Away from responsibilities. Away from stressful situations. Away from life, really. I tend to have that reaction a lot. I call it the "fight or flight". Sometimes the Lord just wants to teach me through everyday life, and so I am learning to be content right where I am. (and yes, having a happy heart amidst throw up! ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love HOME. Love it!

But to be honest, the past few weeks have been really hard. Church yucky stuff. Illness in our extended family. Death in our church family. And now the news that Kevin's lung pressures are not what we hoped.

Thankfully we have Jesus. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He holds our lives in His hands! He watches over our comings and goings. He turns our weeping into joy. He REALLY does!

I know the Lord will provide our family some away time in HIS time. And it will be VERY good!

In the meantime, when life gets tough, we do what Oswald Chambers says in "My Utmost For His Highest": "Do the next thing"

Just do the next thing! For me, that would be bathing kids. What is YOUR next thing? ;)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Robyn said...

My next thing? Going over tomorrows lessons! Summer vacation has ended and tomorrow we start school!
I am thankful that Kevin has already recovered from the heart cath! Praise the Lord for the wisdom he gave the drs in knowing what is best for Kevin. I'll admit that I don't know much about the Glenn procedure but I think I'll Google it! :-)
I also know what you mean about the "flight" feeling. When I am overwhelmed with "stuff" and emotions from all around I just want to escape, and like you I want to do it with my family. But then I think I might miss out on something so wonderful the Lord is going to teach me or accomplish through the situation. So I will be praying for you, knowing I have been through some yucky stuff in similar avenues as well!
Praying your family gets well soon!
Blessings!
Robyn

Shawna said...

Boy Laine, this hit me right between the eyes. It is has been a couple of weeks like that at our house with Rotavirus and just a busy, busy start to a school year and a very tired (emotionally, physically, and mentally) mommy. Thanks for the reminder that we are called to be the parents to these little ones and we have hang in there even amidst the throw up (with a happy heart) :).

Alycia said...

Hello Sweet friend! :)
Just thought I'd chime in an send you a big hug via the "net".
We're praying for you all and praying for Kevin's lung situation.
Thank you for reminding us to enjoy our daily days!
Love you girl!
Alycia

Mama Hen said...

We are starting school today so I guess that is my next thing. The kids haven't been whining about it, but I am inwardly:)

The Princess's Mommy said...

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to get-away! I feel like I'm holding my breath and waiting until Oct when my boy will be on a plane to the other side of the world. I really think some sand between my toes would do me a LOT of good! LOL

Love you, sweet girl. So glad Kevin is having a good day.

Monica

Mom said...

My next thing? Telling you to hot-foot it to the beach! It's a field trip to teach the kids about tar balls The week before Labor Day is all yours!

Kristi said...

I've been thinking...
I would come down to cook for a few days...
For me the rhythm of preparing meals for my family often feels like "the next thing."

The Collier Bunch said...

We continue to pray that those lung pressures come down. We went through some of that with Shiyan and they did finally get where they needed to be. God has a purpose in all of this and his hand has been and is on Kevin and the rest of your family, but you know that already.

We will keep praying. Hoping to see all of you very soon.

Keisha said...

So sorry to hear your babies have been sick! Praying everyone is better SOON! I too feel like sometimes I just wanna get away with the kids... they want to go to Disney. HA! I'm just not sure if that would be stress free... ? lol!
Hugs & Love!

Tammy said...

...still remembering you in my prayers. Love you guys!