Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Snapshot-- The one and only Laine!

I guess I have a limited perspective on this, because I've never been married to anyone else. BUT, I must say that being married to this beautiful blond who is 40 YEARS OLD today has got to be the biggest blessing in my life, other than my salvation. You won't believe the antics she puts up with from her nutty husband (I have a history of dressing up in costume for occastions like this - therapy may be needed).

To celebrate the passing of her youth, I first surprised her Thursday night at a little "girls night out" dinner. I showed up as a multi personality character inspired by our local radio nuts (Rick and Bubba). I started out just being the character Dickie Nadmire but decided to morph this into two other characters by that go by the name "Dippin Dan" and "Willie" from the Willie and Wanda story. Therefore, my name ended up being WillieDickieDan. All this occurred at the Cheesecake Factory in Birmingham and the restaurant was very accomodating. Evidence below...






And then on Friday night, a 100 or so close friends and family helped me celebrate this occasion with a surprise party at our church. She was especially stunned to see her mother there, along with many she had not seen in a long time.





There was a surprise visit from a hula girl that I did not know would be there. Wow could she hula... until she deflated a little. LOL!





In case you heard that Laine was claiming she was actually 30, we have proof that she did in fact graduate high school in 1988, which would have been rather miraculous had she been 8 years old...




And then the surprise celebrity showed up...


Happy Birthday honey! You are truly a fabulous forty!

40th Surprise Party from Rob Ferrill on Vimeo.

27 comments:

connie said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Friend! I sooooo wish we could've been there - but we are celebrating in spirit. What a blessing you are! And 40 - no way!
Love you!

Shalita said...

It was FUNNY on Friday, but is even more FUNNY today! What a GREAT video---John has sure got the moves!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET LAINE! You are 40 and 40 is FABULOUS!!!

ALOOOOHA!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Jennifer Taylor said...

Happy Happy Birthday Laine!!

Trace Car Driver said...

ok i would have paid a lot of $ to see rob as the 3 rick and bubba characters. dang, that could have been a fundraiser for the orphanage. haha! the fact that it was at the cheesecake factory is even more hilarious! and the surprise party sounds like it was a blast too. loved the video! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAINE! you do not look even close to 40... seriously! love ya!!

Rebekah said...

The video is awesome!

Happy Birthday!

Aaron and Erica said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend!!! I really wanted to be there Friday night...we had planned on it! The past 3 weeks have not been good though...my dad has been in the hospital and the whole family is a little weary. I love the video...it looks like you guys had a blast! And girl..you make 40 look great :) Love you lots!

Erica

Joscelyn said...

Happy Birthday Laine!!! Have a great time & the party looked like great fun.

Waitingfaithfully said...

Forty is lookin' fine on Laine Ferrill! Love the celebrations, and the laughter! Happy Birthday dear friend!!

Love,

Tina

Waitingfaithfully said...

Forty is lookin' fine on Laine Ferrill! Love the celebrations, and the laughter! Happy Birthday dear friend!!

Love,

Tina

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oops! I was so excited I posted it twice!

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!

Again . . . and again . . . and again!

T~

Mama Hen said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Laine!!!!!!!!

Your hubby is hilarious!

MichelleQ said...

Happy Birthday, Laine! Awesome video!

jhand said...

Happy Birthday Laine! Looks like you had lots of fun entering your 40's, and welcome to the club :)

Julie

Southern Cheesehead said...

oh my...didn't know that Shalita's camera was going to be the one posted on the blog...complete with all my cackling and rear end (when I went to take pictures) along with my comments to Jeremy. wow!

Ok...so glad that we decided to come and didn't miss out on all the fun!!!! We love you guys so much and appreciate your friendship!

Happy 40th LAINE!!!! And for the record...I'll remind you around July of next year...I was nice and didn't do anything crazy or embarrassing to you on your 40th...maybe an accomplice on occasion, but that was it! :-)

Dollar General said...

WOW...SO GLAD TO SEE THE VIDEO! Hated to miss the party!!! Happy BIRTHDAY Laine!!

But I could have sworn Laine and I were the same age! I think you are wrong about her turning 40 this year! AND...Just so you know, Rob - Laine was handing out those pills to all us Rebel Rousers! I'm REALLY REALLY scared to take mine! She supposed to give me an honest answer as to if they "work" or not!

Thanks for the entertainment! And again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love y'all!!

Ashley said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

The video is so funny. Kennedy was watching it with me and said, "hey I saw that party!" It was by far the most entertaining party we have ever attended! ;)

Our Journey to China said...

It was great to see you and be a part of your Fabulous Forty Birthday! Happy, Happy Birthday, Laine! Love to you all. Thank you for including us, Rob. Love, The Boyds :0)

Tina said...

Happy Birthday!!! What an awesome surprise, love it, thanks for sharing!!!

Sherri said...

How fun! I'm so sorry we couldn't make it. It looks like it was a great time!

Vikki Rodgers said...

Happy Birthday, Laine. Your husband is a hoot!

CK said...

Happy Happy Birthday Laine! -Oh how I wish we lived a bit closer-

The Byrd's Nest said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend Laine!!!! Your sweet hubby even e-mailed me to ask if I could come....I was so touched:)

I hope you had a great time....love you bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alycia said...

As little Miss Adahlyn would say, "Oh! My word!" Happy belated birthday Laine! You are a blessing!

Thanks for sharing the video... it is a hoot!
Looks like you had a wonderful birthday.
Praying that you have a wonderful year!
Love,
Alycia

Aimee said...

No way, you are NOT 40! Girl, you look like a hot mama!!!

Happy Birthday!

Rhonda Bryant said...

Laine,I did not know it was your Birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful party!!! You sure do deserve it!!!! Hope you are having a fantastic vacation!!!!!

Mike and Barb said...

Happy Birthday, Laine!!
YOu are one amazing Lady, and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to meet you in person some day!
40 is not that bad (been doing it for several months now and have not died yet)
Hugs, Barb

living4him5 said...

Happy 40th birthday!!

Love you!
Amy