Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vulcan

He is the second largest statue in the United States. Lady Liberty is the only other rival that towers over him. He stands over the downtown area of the big city closest to us---the city where all our hospitals and doctor visits take place. The kiddos strain their necks trying to spot him out of our car windows. So one day in July we paid him a visit. It was really hot. Really high up. And really exciting!
Even though he is only partially clothed, he's pretty intimidating.
And boy am I EVER thankful that HE never gets the stomach virus!
(Can you tell we're not over it yet? Poor Kevin. He was the most recent victim....)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristi said...

So glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. Cause I know I would have snorted it out my nose when I read the sentence about Vulcan and stomach virus under that last picture...
Praying for a quick recovery for sweet Kevin!

Sherri said...

You sure do love hineys, don't you?! ;)

There is a book series by Anne George that I loved to read. She's from that big city and one of the main characters can see the statue's behind from her house. It's her view.

I'm sorry to hear that Kevin got sick. I hope it moves out quickly!

Tanya said...

When I got my new laptop, I lost all old e-mail addresses, so this is the only way I know how to contact you. Miss Pattycake is coming to Dawson on September 17. Being the stalker (excuse me, I meant to say "fan") that you are, you may already know this, but I wanted to be sure!!

Dollar General said...

I really really miss that his torch or whatever it is doesn't light up anymore. We used to love to see if it was red or green!