Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Miss Pattycake again! :)


We just can't get enough of her! Miss Pattycake came to a local church Friday night and had a pajama party...it was SO fun! We loved loved loved seeing her again. Kevin especially! (Though the picture is not indicative of that...you would've never guessed he tried to cut in line three times to see her! He didn't understand the concept of "not our turn yet!"

It was a fun evening...until this young mom in line behind us started up a conversation with me. She had a toddler and a baby and we were just talking away, two moms sharing Pattycake stories. I asked her if she lived nearby and then the conversation took a turn for the worse. Because she answered me with....

"Yes Ma'am"

Excuse me? Did she say yes MAAM to me? I am not a maam! Yes, I'm 40 now. But FAR from being a MAAM! AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Trace Car Driver said...

awww! gotta love miss pattycake!
laine, if it makes you feel any better, people call me ma'am too!! :)

and i LOVE the new kitty. HOW SWEET!!! you are the coolest.mom.ever! my boys want one, and so far, i won't even agree to an outside cat. maybe soon!! ha. bet it's hard to say no to kevin!!

Just A Family said...

hey sweet friend ok who is the Bice's??Let me in.

love,
rob

Sherri said...

I took dinner to a new mother, oh, about 15 years ago, and she said she was glad to meet me....that she'd been wanting to meed some "older Christian women."

I wanted to dump her dinner on her head.

Except I didn't.

Tami said...

Yeah, I know what you mean....I just found myself today purposefully looking for the line at the supermarket where the bagger ( a kind gentleman about 75 years old, I would guess) always calls me 'young lady':-). Such a simple thing to brighten your day!

Kevin looks wonderful! I love the pic of him with mao mao. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...it's really nice to 'meet' you;-).

God is good!

Tami

Kylie said...

You're 40? I thought you were 29! When did I miss that?! ;)

Kristi said...

Oh yeah, I get the ma'am thing more and more these days. It must be the Caleb induced grey hair...

Glad Kevin got to see his main squeeze (after his mama of course)!